CONFIRMED James McAtee - on season-long loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

McAtee's starting for Man City v Bayern Munich. Absolutely f***all chance he goes to us or anywhere else this season - he'll be starting for them in the smaller games and on the bench for the others.

Fingers crossed for Doyle. And as for the Cole Palmer rumours....non starter I reckon since they sold Mahrez. He's dangerous but basically a winger and one of the most one footed players I've ever seen - I wouldn't bother personally.
Doesn't mean anything
Brewster scored 2 v red bull liepzig a week before we signed him
Citeh aren't selling him but he won't break their squad this season he's very raw and still has a lot to learn

Doesn't mean anything
Brewster scored 2 v red bull liepzig a week before we signed him
Citeh aren't selling him but he won't break their squad this season he's very raw and still has a lot to learn
No, pre season friendlies don't mean anything you're right. But he's been rated as highly as Foden was there for years coming through, and the sort of player he is, he'll look a hell of a lot more comfortable for them than he did for us.

I reckon he'll make a good 15-20 appearances for them this season mate. We'll see.

I wonder if Doyle had a catch up with the guys yesterday seeing as we was in town. Hopefully Hecky had a bit of face to face time and worked his magic! Or would that be considered ‘tapping up’?

I wonder if Doyle had a catch up with the guys yesterday seeing as we was in town. Hopefully Hecky had a bit of face to face time and worked his magic! Or would that be considered ‘tapping up’?
yes was thinking that myself convienient that this game was played on city's training complex maybe doyle permanent palmer loan 🤔

Get Doyle in now cos we’ll never have a better opportunity to sign someone like him. Assemble a team to give us a punches chance at least. Ramsdale did one for good money so I’m sure we could find a move for Doyle, better than worrying about a clause that he’ll never agree to.

Get Doyle in now cos we’ll never have a better opportunity to sign someone like him. Assemble a team to give us a punches chance at least. Ramsdale did one for good money so I’m sure we could find a move for Doyle, better than worrying about a clause that he’ll never agree to.
i still think were clinging to the hope that city agree to loan us doyle again with a view to buy next summer problem is if the likes of wolves or leicester come in with a 15m bid for him i think weve had it ⚔🙄

i still think were clinging to the hope that city agree to loan us doyle again with a view to buy next summer problem is if the likes of wolves or leicester come in with a 15m bid for him i think weve had it ⚔🙄
That’s my worry as well!

Bumping this one last time as I just can't get my head around it. Doyle as a player and a person is everything we'd want at our club. Age, technique, energy, mentality he's got the lot. He's a ready made replacement for the ageing Norwood. Loved by the fans and respected by the players/staff. How many times did we ask him if he'd come back and play for us?? We want him, he wants to come, City are prepared to let him go (for a modest sum by all accounts) Yet it appears that we've moved on due to his wages?? I feel there has to be more to it. Doyle would surely accept that whatever contract he gets next won't be as lucrative as the one he's on now, I'm sure he knows this and would want first team football as a priority for his career. So it's the ol' he's reluctant to except a relegation wage drop clause. I think this is bull! Relegation wage clauses are common place it's not only Sheff U that do this. There's two solutions, the player backs himself and the team to stay up, or worst case scenario he agitates for a move (Ramsdale) if we go down. Furthermore, the club can sell him, it's what most teams do when they're relegated! ... So for me there has to be more to this, someone at the club doesn't want him and I can't quite fathom that!

I can see us digging our heels in about relegation wage reductions. If we make an exception for Doyle it sets a precedent for all the other renewals we will be looking to do. I'm hoping he sees we are looking at other options and decided to play ball before it's too late.

I can see us digging our heels in about relegation wage reductions. If we make an exception for Doyle it sets a precedent for all the other renewals we will be looking to do. I'm hoping he sees we are looking at other options and decided to play ball before it's too late.
It's getting ridiculous that kids at City are on more than our first team. How much is he meant to be on exactly?

Mcatee playing in preseason for City means absolutely nothing in terms of him staying or leaving on loan this season. Youth always gets a run out even at the top 6 teams.
But, with 9 subs now allowed on the bench, it gives him much more chance of being involved with the first team

Jesus Christ. I like the lad and I'd love him to come back but what is happening to football?
We'd have to offer him the same wage packet as our top earners like Berge and Anel which i think would be around 35k p/w. I think that's fair all round as he'd be our most valued asset and it's unlickly he'll be getting another bumper contract at this stage of his career.

Bumping this one last time as I just can't get my head around it. Doyle as a player and a person is everything we'd want at our club. Age, technique, energy, mentality he's got the lot. He's a ready made replacement for the ageing Norwood. Loved by the fans and respected by the players/staff. How many times did we ask him if he'd come back and play for us?? We want him, he wants to come, City are prepared to let him go (for a modest sum by all accounts) Yet it appears that we've moved on due to his wages?? I feel there has to be more to it. Doyle would surely accept that whatever contract he gets next won't be as lucrative as the one he's on now, I'm sure he knows this and would want first team football as a priority for his career. So it's the ol' he's reluctant to except a relegation wage drop clause. I think this is bull! Relegation wage clauses are common place it's not only Sheff U that do this. There's two solutions, the player backs himself and the team to stay up, or worst case scenario he agitates for a move (Ramsdale) if we go down. Furthermore, the club can sell him, it's what most teams do when they're relegated! ... So for me there has to be more to this, someone at the club doesn't want him and I can't quite fathom that!

I think Darren Smith has said a while that Doyle will be a late one in the transfer window, if it happens

I think Darren Smith has said a while that Doyle will be a late one in the transfer window, if it happens
He's since said that we've moved on and that we're targeting someone else for that role. Presumably that Brazilian lad, but let's not speculate on the name in light of all the carry on of late! :confused:

Use £15m or whatever we got on signing Doyle permanantly, him Slimane & Berge in midfield, Trusty in defence and Traore up front, number 29 has gone ,get behind the new set up!
Doyle was great for us last season in the Championship.

But, he's never played at a higher level (PL)

Leicester bid c. 7m for him and I think that's about the right money

Certainly wouldn't go anything above £10m

We would sign Doyle but he would not currently entertain our relegation clause which reduces all players salaries by 40% if we were to get relegated

We would sign Doyle but he would not currently entertain our relegation clause which reduces all players salaries by 40% if we were to get relegated
I've mentioned this Bertie (#370) It's common place to have this clause in a contract (unless you're one of the big hitters) So logic dictates that he's going to have to accept this wherever he goes next. Plus there's contingencies that can be put in place so I don't believe this is the only sticking point with this potential deal.

50k a week is nothing in the premier league if we want to be a Premier league established club we have to pay the fees/wages
I'm not necessarily disagreeing. My shock is more that up to now Doyle has only been a Man City Academy player and out on loan to Championship clubs so I'm shocked how he's warranted that kind of salary.

But he’d also have a relegation release clause meaning he’d have a decent chance of leaving in the event of relegation.

Players can’t have it all their own way! There has to be some aspects of a contract that favours the club.

Love Doyle, and think he'd be a fantastic signing based on his performances during that later half of last season. However, my only concern splashing out more than 10million is that he did spend a lot of last season on the injury table (was only after the WC when he came regularly into the fold).

With our limited playing budget, we really do need players that will be available for the majority of the season. Hence if there is any way to secure a loan with option to purchase I think we'd be well covered. Though that would take up one of our two domestic loan slots.

Back
Top Bottom