It's Speedo!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blade58

Once a Blade, always a daft ****
Reaction score
I would like to have put this on the general chat board, (but I know I'd get hammered by a few on here for it), such is the reliability of the poster, but thought I'd better play safe!

E89 who gets the top info and gets everyones respect, reports it's Speedo with the only sticking point being how much transfer kitty he'll get.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=463&fid=221&sty=2&act=1&mid=2120525976

I would like to have put this on the general chat board, (but I know I'd get hammered by a few on here for it), such is the reliability of the poster, but thought I'd better play safe!

Good choice, he's a little premature.

Ok Foxy.

Just reporting.

Anyhow, as much as I like Speedo, I'm not sure about this appointment. Right man at the wrong time if you know what I mean. This could turn into a relegation battle if we're not careful.

I would've prefered someone with CCC experience, who's perhaps been there, done that, just to steady the ship.

Speedo could turn out to be fantastic and I hope he does. But this will certainly be a baptism of fire for him.

Ok Foxy.

Just reporting.

I know, not having a go, just saying :)

Odds can shorten as much as they like, people can talk about "ITK" information (which i'm sure the sources always love :rolleyes:), but it's a little premature to be considering an appointment made, as looking at E89's latest post he's now saying ;).

I think it eventually will be Speed, probably by Wednesday would be my guess. I think he'll be negotiating money to spend, and what staff he wants in.

It may not necessarily be so soon if rumours elsewhere are correct stating that Speed will be given chance to prove himself before any decision is made to give him the job permanently.

The BM post is right that talks will be far away as KM is currently holidaying in La Manga, so maybe it is a good source.

The BM post is right that talks will be far away as KM is currently holidaying in La Manga, so maybe it is a good source.

E89 doesn't post that often and will only post when he knows the score.

He was the first to post that Paddy was off to QPR, 3 or 4 weeks before it happened. After much ridicule and disbelief by posters on BM it happened and there were one or two apologies posted to him.

It might not happen if as E89 says, due to non existant transfer kitty, but we'll see

E89 is definitely usually on the money. But he also stated a couple of weeks ago that sources were drying up due to a clampdown at the club.

This is not to say that I don't think Speed will be our next manager, because I certainly think he will.

Oh dear ....................cheap as chips option ! :eek:
Only way gary should be given the job is if someone 'mentors' him.

Oh dear ....................cheap as chips option ! :eek:
Only way gary should be given the job is if someone 'mentors' him.

Hold onto that thought BB.
As Foxy said there is a lot to be sorted out yet, even IF and it is still a sizeable IF, Speed is given the reins I would wait to see who is involved in the backroom setup before judging.

I would also be nice if we waited until I dunno 10 games and looked to see if there is a change in mentality and style.

I know the vast majority won't but it would be nice never the less.

Hold onto that thought BB.
As Foxy said there is a lot to be sorted out yet, even IF and it is still a sizeable IF, Speed is given the reins I would wait to see who is involved in the backroom setup before judging.

I would also be nice if we waited until I dunno 10 games and looked to see if there is a change in mentality and style.

I know the vast majority won't but it would be nice never the less.

Bang on. I can't see any negative in giving him 10 games, until Christmas even, to meet some minimum benchmarks. I think Speed will jump at the chance to manage us and the boot's on our foot. I think he'll just get it outright though, but who knows.

UTB

Can't understand this Speed needed a mentor reasoning, he's the right age to be going in to management, with his own ideas. Who really wants some venables or Wilkinson type chirruping in his ear with outmoded tactics?

Let him get on with it. If he's a big boy he'll do fine.

Can't understand this Speed needed a mentor reasoning, he's the right age to be going in to management, with his own ideas. Who really wants some venables or Wilkinson type chirruping in his ear with outmoded tactics?

Let him get on with it. If he's a big boy he'll do fine.

Depends if they're sticking to the strict definition of Mentor - if they are and it's someone YOU call on when you want to talk about stuff then fair enough. If it's unsolicited advice then it's not a mentor it's an irritant.

Back
Top Bottom