Player Suggestion Jake Buxton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Steak and eggs and eggs and steak...

That's what you should have for breakfast

That's what I have when I am in the USA, every morning.

I used to have Steak for lunch every day here, for ages, but the whole house stank of frying for ages after, so I packed in!

Because i don't think he needs to be as strong to do the job that he does

So you'd rather he loose strength/muscle than fat.

giphy.gif

I beg to differ:
As is your right.

I've focussed on 'muscle bulk' as a generic term. As i said in my initial response, perhaps the terminology was wrong. As i mentioned, i see the team as extremely fit and as they are athletes, i have not focussed on fat because it wasn't the point I was making.

The point was about him being leaner for the coming season was to get a faster and more athletic player.

As is your right.

I've focussed on 'muscle bulk' as a generic term. As i said in my initial response, perhaps the terminology was wrong. As i mentioned, i see the team as extremely fit and as they are athletes, i have not focussed on fat because it wasn't the point I was making.

The point was about him being leaner for the coming season was to get a faster and more athletic player.

Get leaner, by reducing fat rather than muscle. :)

Get leaner, by reducing fat rather than muscle. :)

I'm no expert but think what SwissBlade is getting at is that his fat percentage may already be so low that there's little scope to reduce it. So the only way to shift mass would be to reduce the muscle mass a little. I'm sure, if there is scope to reduce his body fat, he would also be happy with that. Think it was more a general preference that he focus on mobility over power going forward.

I'm no expert but think what SwissBlade is getting at is that his fat percentage may already be so low that there's little scope to reduce it. So the only way to shift mass would be to reduce the muscle mass a little. I'm sure, if there is scope to reduce his body fat, he would also be happy with that. Think it was more a general preference that he focus on mobility over power going forward.

And i dont disagree with that.

If we’re going for a Charlton centre half, I actually thought Patrick Bauer looked better when they came to the lane. Was really impressed with him. If we could get him and the lad from Fleetwood who was mentioned before, with EEL and Wilson leaving, I’d be happy with that.

See Bauer was in the EFL team of the week and we still need a centre half in. Would be nice to see this happen.

See Bauer was in the EFL team of the week and we still need a centre half in. Would be nice to see this happen.

Still has 2 years of his contract to run,and do we need Robinson to play hardball with us again,but he is the right sort,good age and height and sleeve.

The Fleetwood player who is he.

If we’re going for a Charlton centre half, I actually thought Patrick Bauer looked better when they came to the lane. Was really impressed with him. If we could get him and the lad from Fleetwood who was mentioned before, with EEL and Wilson leaving, I’d be happy with that.

I'd love Bauer but I fear he may be out of our price range. I think Charlton bought him for £1.5-£2m a couple of years back and would surely look to at least recoup that cost. He was also 22 at the time so has developed further and he's got a couple of years left on his contract. All that combined with Charlton track record for demanding stupid money means they could easily come to a valuation that blows Lenihan out of the water.

I'd quite like Christian Burgess from Portsmouth. He only has a year left on his contract and he got in the league 2 team of the year last season. Might be able to tempt him with a cheeky offer.

Sorry mate. I meant to reply to this post. I've definitely not had enough coffee this morning!

Either that or I've had too much coffee. It's a fine balance I have to keep.

I'd quite like Christian Burgess from Portsmouth. He only has a year left on his contract and he got in the league 2 team of the year last season. Might be able to tempt him with a cheeky offer.
Pretty sure he said last week that he wants to stay at Pompy.

Back
Top Bottom