My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can see the reasoning for your post now so maybe I read it wrong but of all those only MGW isn't here anymore.

We also have far far better options now that we didn't last season.
Bogle isn't available and he was a big influence last season

We played them regularly in the Sheffield Sunday Junior U12, U13 and U14s.

Other teams included Brunsmeer Juniors, Three Feathers, Meersbrook Athletic, Hallamshire Celtic, Handsworth Juniors, Ecclesfield Juniors, Beighton Miners Welfare and a few others.

We (Cutlers Arms, later Moreland Juniors) were fucking bobbar. We got thrashed week in, week out. Hallamshire Celtic were 'big lads' and definitely ringers. Some of them stunk of beer and had wedding rings. Three Feathers always had the best teams, and were managed by a fucking ancient bloke who smoked a pipe. We only won two games in one season, both against Meersbrook where I scored in both games. Home match was at Herdings Park (3-1) and the away game played on that field by Park Grange Road on the Manor. It was fucking freezing that day, I latched onto a through pass and ran on to face their keeper and tucked it under him. Reyt goyal.

pommpey
Unfortunately Pommpey , tha mind must bi goin
Park grange road , runs through my old hood
( Norfolk Park)
71 used to go up it
If it’s the football pitches I think your on about there just before city rd on the top of the hill
Three Feathers remember them

People seem to be upset that new signings didn’t have an immediate impact. Doyle - injured.
Clark - expected better given his experience. Another old fella but played out of position in a makeshift defence.
Abel - suspended. Khadra - just arrived and lacking match fitness.

On paper they all look decent, but a litany of errors proved otherwise.
Better for this to happen now, than at the end of the season. Calm down and carry on jogging.

Unfortunately Pommpey , tha mind must bi goin
Park grange road , runs through my old hood
( Norfolk Park)
71 used to go up it
If it’s the football pitches I think your on about there just before city rd on the top of the hill
Three Feathers remember them

Footy Pitch.JPG

pommpey

When asked a simple question regarding Brewster, Hecky 'Word Salad' replied:

“He’s bubbly and bright and has really bought into trying to get better. An injury at a bad time knocked him but he’s fit and playing. He’s not at the level he wants to be at or I want him to be at but he’s scoring goals so he’ll certainly be used. We’re going to be patient with him and the fans will have to be patient with him.
We need good performances. It’s about having an impact while you’re on the pitch. If that’s 45 minutes of him at his best, then that’s perfect until he gets to 90 minutes at his best. We’re wary of the injury he’s had but we’re looking forward to using and getting the goals out of him. He's available like everyone else but we can’t expect him to be tearing about the pitch like everyone else for 90 minutes.
Game by game, bit by bit, he’ll be getting fitter and stronger.”

How can anyone fit as much boll0cks & waffle into what should be a simple answer.
Imagine the pre-match teamtalk 😴😴😴😴😴

How many games does it take for the"will to win"appear, that magic ingredient we seem to lack? First game admittedly but Watford appeared to have it.
That comes with confidence doesnt it? Weve not exactly had a great preseason and weve just played with another makeshift team, as Hecky seems to be sticking with the same old players!?
I'm not worried, we hardly ever win our first game, and I've been following Utd long enough to know, we normally take a couple of weeks to settle, so theres no need for panic and bed wetting, weve played 1 game and lost by 1 goal! Ffs, it's not exactly sealed our relegation has it.

That comes with confidence doesnt it? Weve not exactly had a great preseason and weve just played with another makeshift team, as Hecky seems to be sticking with the same old players!?
I'm not worried, we hardly ever win our first game, and I've been following Utd long enough to know, we normally take a couple of weeks to settle, so theres no need for panic and bed wetting, weve played 1 game and lost by 1 goal! Ffs, it's not exactly sealed our relegation has it.
Never wet the bed for years,i can grudgingly accept losing but seemingly accepting it without a fight,i cant.Hecky persisting with the "same old players" IS cause for concern but thanks for your reply,appreciate it,amigo.

Never wet the bed for years,i can grudgingly accept losing but seemingly accepting it without a fight,i cant.Hecky persisting with the "same old players" IS cause for concern but thanks for your reply,appreciate it,amigo.
I wasnt saying you had wet the bed, but many are acting like it!
Its 1 game, we dont know what's happening behind the scenes, and we have far to many injuries and players just returning from injury.
I think Hecky needs to utilise his squad better, but, we dont see what he sees, we can all say we should be doing this and that, but, it's not down to us is it.
As soon as we have a more or less settled starting 11, then we can build, the 5 subs helps us out, but, also helps other teams, and Hecky learning to use that to our advantage, especially with the players we have, is hugely important, as is getting players fit, and keeping them fit!!
Wins will come, but so will losses and draws, so, as I've learnt to do over the past 40odd years being a Blade.........sit back and get ready for the ride!

Yup that’s the spot Pommpey , looking down to the left are the T houses ( have a look & see why they got that name ) I used to live opposite those , to your right with what looks a big field was my old school Norfolk Comp , on Arbour ,
Manors on other side of City road as I’m sure you know mate

Yeah, misrepresented Arborthorne for Manor

But we played on that. Scored my goal about ten minutes into the second half in that southern net.

pommpey

I wasnt saying you had wet the bed, but many are acting like it!
Its 1 game, we dont know what's happening behind the scenes, and we have far to many injuries and players just returning from injury.
I think Hecky needs to utilise his squad better, but, we dont see what he sees, we can all say we should be doing this and that, but, it's not down to us is it.
As soon as we have a more or less settled starting 11, then we can build, the 5 subs helps us out, but, also helps other teams, and Hecky learning to use that to our advantage, especially with the players we have, is hugely important, as is getting players fit, and keeping them fit!!
Wins will come, but so will losses and draws, so, as I've learnt to do over the past 40odd years being a Blade.........sit back and get ready for the ride!
You are right,amigo,40/50 years supporting The Blades should teach us that,i agree with all you posted,we'll keep the faith.

Played against Throstles when I was 13 in 1971. I was centre half. They had a tall left winger who cut inside and destroyed me in the first half. Can't remember how many he scored, but I was subbed at half time.

Played against Throstles when I was 13 in 1971. I was centre half. They had a tall left winger who cut inside and destroyed me in the first half. Can't remember how many he scored, but I was subbed at half time.

Throstles were a another team who had one or two who seemed a bit older. Like had tats and after the match drove away in a Ford Granada.

Sure I saw one driving a bus an' all.

Al of us were pubeless virgins and these cunts had voices like Barry White

pommpey

Throstles were a another team who had one or two who seemed a bit older. Like had tats and after the match drove away in a Ford Granada.

Sure I saw one driving a bus an' all.

Al of us were pubeless virgins and these cunts had voices like Barry White

pommpey
Two of my mates had full beards at 13 and could get served in pubs no problem. One of them even got a couple of tats from Bob Union when he was 15. He were a bit mental too but he didn’t half get some fanny. Some good lookers too although he wasn’t fussy.

Back
Top Bottom