My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It’s absolutely massive that we get Doyle back asap. Fleck and Norwood in a midfield 2 against any top half team is suicidal.

Stevens should be finished now and we need to stick to RND at LWB as Lowe made Enda look like Ashley Cole.

Clark had a mare first half, but I’ll reserve my judgment on him for a couple more games.

Wes, Egan and Ndiaye only ones to come out of game with any real credit

Only first game and with a fully fit squad still reckon we’re shoe ins for top 6 but when will we have a fully fit squad….
I don't know what Doyles like,never seen him play,maybe an improvement on what we have.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Players come, players go. Managers come, managers go...

Fleck & Norwood in tandem against an athletic and fast moving side and we get absolutely nothing from the game.

Rewind to the Wolves game in the 2nd PL season and most games since against strong opposition and this was a carbon copy...

In modern football ball carriers breaking lines is what's key and neither of those two can do it. Look at the difference Basham makes when he brings it out of defence. We need a centre mid who does that...

It was pretty obvious 10 minutes in that we were off the pace. Their front runners were going past our defence like knives through butter. They were bigger, stronger ,faster. Ok -goal looked marginally offside but TV didn't confirm that. Our school side would have been better prepared for that break-out.
Lowe shouldn't be anywhere near a Championship side, my granny would have been better. Rest of them - well I can't be arsed to go through the ranks. Very disappointing. Going to be a season of discontent I feel.

Welcome back.

Strap yourselves in, it's gonna be one of those seasons. On pre season performances, pretty shit signings an acquisitions, the weeping sore of injuries and tonight's stupid team selection, I'd say it's business as usual. MGW kicked the last ball for us last season and fucked off and evidently took with him Sheffield United's last hope of putting some sort of performance together. And no, I don't conceded 'Watford were PL last season'. Most of our players have played in the PL. But then again, many of them have been at the club longer, and are hanging round like the smell a mucky fanny gives off. Not one that's recently been in action the night before. No. One that has been hanging round in the same set of pants for weeks and belongs to the insane and aged. That's what Stevens, Norwood, Fleck and some others are. Add to that those still here and quietly released we have spunked copious cocksfull of cash on ... you know who I mean ... 'Wilder's Great Gambles' and we have what we have out there tonight.

I had a riposte at Nick Sheff Utd Way's team lineup earlier today on twitter:

View attachment 140870

Nick, in his genial manner came back to ask what I think the lineup should be, but I couldn't answer as really, we haven't signed anyone I feel can improve that, but the key point was the centre mid pairing of pointy and Jimmy. Then:

View attachment 140871

Now, if you are @pingpoongpeterg, have the fucking grace to substantiate your stupidity and square your statements with tonight's fucking abject outing. Let's not forget also that signing an unknown banned player and the fucking appalling fitness and conditioning which blighted our club into the end of last season and still plagues it two and a half months later is another thing which needs addressing. Maybe for later.

But the lineup was basically asking for a pretty iffy Watford, stripped largely of any last-season capability in real terms must have been rubbing their fucking hands when they saw us beaten by Sunday League sides, an impressive injury list and a lineup which spelled 'WILDERBALL' in big, polished, neon letters. Indeed, the kickoff was played back to one of those 'better centre mids' who typically humped it long to the wing where three players were waiting for Baldock. Five hollywood passes later and we still hadn't created anything. Only Baldock was actually bothering getting down the right flank and Stevens on the other side looked like he couldn't be arsed. No idea why he and RND had swapped places - Stevens is more a CB than RND and with Gordon on the bench, why were we shaking the dice with two wingbacks like that anyway?

Watford didn't actually do anything special. Typically, they just waited for us to fuck things up. Jebbison and N'Daiye had to do much of the donkeywork themselves. N'Daiye spent much of his game digging his own furrow because Fleck, Norwood and Berge were just shambolic behind him. None of them carried the ball forward, none of them threatened and definitely none of them created chances, save for Jebbos cheeky chip which my dad could have saved, and he lies six foot under in Hutcliffe Wood at the moment. The first half started reasonably steadily but by the time we'd allowed them a few goes on goal (and a great stop by Wes) the die had been set. Both our '2 better centre mids' showed little if anything but why should they? We've been hanging on a moderate performance from the pair of the useless fuckers for three seasons now, some offering shit like 'Norwood makes us tick' and other even piss-weaker excuses for the shamefully crap John Fleck, not showing less in output than the tosser that eventually was John Lunstram. Behind him, Ciaran Clark seems to be the Oliver Burke of the backline, full of inept errors and misjudgements and just easy to get past or expose. Sander Berge ... the longer the game went on the more transparent he became until all we could see was a floating United badge. Lowe came on for Stevens and we lived in desperate hope he'd improve things but within five minutes was were begging for Enda to come back.

We huffed and we puffed an up comes a corner and from a simply pathetic set play, Fleck fucks it up and Watford are on us. It was like you see a kid waving his hand in a cats face trying to be cunty and suddenly the moggy pounces, clamps his paws round the offending arm, bites a fucking chunk and gives six clawed kicks leaving the chabby rooering and bleeding profusely. Sure, the pass was offside, but who gives a fat fuck? I'll not argue much given our team was so fucking useless in snuffing out the counter ... and we have seen our players look like the fucking keystone cops too many times before, haven't we? So it was. You could have almost started the Benny Hill theme 'Yakkity Sax' from the moment it left Norwood's boot until the moment it hit Wes's net not ten seconds later.

Hecky tried to emulate Weigman's canny substitutions to 'change the game' and hauled the liability that was Clark off for Khedra, Norwood thankfully fucked off hopefully to be transfer listed and shifted out and Jebbo went for Brewster, and less touches for the poor kid. It changed things vestigially. We stopped giving the ball away but still couldn't penetrate or create. Both Berge and Khedra looked simultaneously like their internal narrative was "Fucking hell. Do I really have to play with these dickheads?' Osborn also came on, apparently.

Finally, Billy Sharp came on to at least make everyone believe the forwards were part of United's team but their goalkeeper was sat in a tin bath reading a copy of Razzle for the last fifteen minutes. Watford simply managed us out of the last extended minutes safe in the knowledge that we are just a disorganised, talent free, poorly assembled squad of League One hopefuls, easy meat for three points and clearly reliant on one player for our flattering position last season. Millwall must have watched that game and texted each other in glee about Saturday's game. Sticking my neck out here but I can see Berge gone soon and Hecky sacked by the end of October. Tell me I'm wrong.

Foderingham 7.5/10: A great stop from a header in the first half and some safe ground stops. No chance with their goal
Baldock 4/10: Usual busy but ineffective run up and down the wing. May as well have carried a flag whilst he was doing it for all he achieved
Clark 1/10: Rubbish. Exposed, poor reading and poor defending for the hour he was on. Send him back. This season's Goode
Egan 4/10: At a push, Some decent interceptions but stretched and still lost without O'Connell. Three seasons now I have been saying that.
RND 3/10: Dogshit performance in an unfamiliar position. Hopelessly exposed especially aerially
Stevens 3/10: He's done. Fucking sell him or just give him back to Pompey
Berge 5/10: If that. Made some effort but by 75 minutes his face spelled it all out that he'd joined a pup of a club going nowhere
Norwood 1/10: He gets '1' for a few blocks and interceptions but was his usual dispossessed, chasing shadows, long-ball-to nowhere level of shitness. As said, if he played against Lena Oberdorf today, she would have fucking broken him like a fucking Weetabix. Please - everyone: Stop this 'Norwood makes us tick' horseshit and 'we are a better team with him in it'. Neither of these are true and you need to stop taking the deludamol. He points a lot. He boots it long. If that is your measure of what makes a good defensive midfielder, then you clearly don't watch much football.
Fleck 0/10: There was just no redeeming aspects in his game tonight. He was simply shit from start to finish and needs to be either terminated contractually or loaned out to a club where he would make his mark, like Brunsmeer Celtic or Throstles B.
N'Daiye 5.5/10: Tried his fucking best to get some purchase and create chances. But there is a big hole in his pitch now that is Morgan Gibbs-White shaped and don't we all know it?
Jebbison 2/10: Cheeky chip. Poor kid. Absolutely nothing else to get at because the midfield are too fucking busy trying not to fuck up and then fucking up

Lowe 2/10: Dreadful return. Passing was abysmal and he was run ragged
Osborn 3/10: If that. Saw him chase, but he simply not even Championship level
Khedra 5/10: Showed 'some' promise but then again, when you are surrounded by turds, even a diamond smells of shit
Brewster 3/10: No more 'poor kid'. He's been at the club long enough with a big price tag to now know what to do. Mind you, it would help it the team found him with the ball
Sharp 2/10: Not enough time or bandwidth to make any effect

Heckingbottom 1/10: Shoulders FULL responsibility for all of this. The signings, the injuries, the pre season, the team selection and tonight utterly predictable and utterly shit performance and result. It's his bag. He needs to stop fucking playing Wilderball, have the potatoes to drop players who have been there too long and start rebuilding this team to even survive this division, once again. Tick-tock, Hecky. Get the fuck on with it.

pommpey

If only some of the players had had that kind of a start to the season. Spot on.

It was pretty obvious 10 minutes in that we were off the pace. Their front runners were going past our defence like knives through butter. They were bigger, stronger ,faster. Ok -goal looked marginally offside but TV didn't confirm that. Our school side would have been better prepared for that break-out.
Lowe shouldn't be anywhere near a Championship side, my granny would have been better. Rest of them - well I can't be arsed to go through the ranks. Very disappointing. Going to be a season of discontent I feel.
Bigger,stronger,faster,add younger to that, we're going to hear that a few times this season,I fear.

Personally I'd like to give to the new faces couple of games before writing them totally off, but I can't find any excuses for the players who have been in our squad (and opening) since last season or beyond.

Last season showed that we don't have enough players who are willing and capable to get the ball forward. Most of players just stand and wait to see if someone else would do the job and they'd follow, but there ain't anyone else. When we had MGW and Sharp driving forward the rest of the squad got fired up and even tried to do something on their own, but the moment we lack the continuous driving force the squad just goes zombies.

Khadra seemed to have that needed energy and I hope he has it and the flame won't shut down after few games. Altho anyone who just tried anything on the pitch looked like a hero compared to scarecrows around them, like Ndiaye, who got everyones attention with his tricks. We also need Sharp and that's bittersweet fact. We need our Captain (and still most efficient goal scorer) to lead the team in final third. I really hope that one (or more than one) of our other strikers would start to hit on the target this season.

Those predicting Hecky gone by October, I'll have a pint of what you are drinking.

The bloke took over a broken team/squad, in the Premier League, when we were all but relegated, and got us actually playing, scoring and winning.

He then took over a broken, demoralised team/squad after Jokanovic had gone, and got us playing, scoring and winning, again.

An incredible amount of injuries derailed our season, and without the injuries, there is a very good chance we would have been promoted. We went out on penalties, right at the death.

The team selection wasn't great, last night, but none of us know who is 100% fit, who is carrying a knock, who is fully up to match day speed.

On a different note; pommpey mentioning Benny Hill theme (Yakkety Sax), that used to be my "go to", when the pigs were being relegated from the Championship, or any time they have done really badly. Stood in the pub, chatting with pals, and if anyone said "How did Wednesday get on?", I would say, "find the highlights on Youtube, speed them up, and play the Benny Hill theme".

Another thing it was obvious MGW drove that team plus with releasing moose, Burke and mcgoldrick and having Billy, Brewster and mcburnie injured ud have thought a forward thinking midfielder and a striker but nooo, he spends on a centre half, then gets another centre half but no strikers
I'm sorry but Stevens, Baldock, fleck, Norwood and egan all need shifting ASAP as they are all past it

And while I'm in moaning mode one thing iv noticed already and in pre season is where not getting the ball forward fast enough, too much sideways, backwards, taking easy options, shitty takka bollocks! 3 or 4 passes Watford were looking for a shot while it takes us that long to get out of our box! It was a joy last season when we took it to the opposition but there defo seems a drop in tempo and bravery even in some players

Just about right Pommps. And witty as ever. But now a few extra observations, some in agreement with most, some different to most.
  • Clark and Lowe turned in what can only be described as the worst defensive performances in a Blades shirt since Jay Mceverley. Maybe even since Mark Blount. What the fuck were they on?
  • Jebbison has nothing to offer at this level. Need to try to make a career in League 2. Would be better for both him and us for this to happen sooner rather than later.
  • To all who slag off Egan..... Where the fuck would we be defensively without him?
  • Norwood and Fleck. Time must be up soon surely?
  • Now for the controversy. Berge - fuck me he's overrated by some. Moves beautifully like a galleon in full sail (steady on!). But mostly just sideways across the pitch. He basically has one move which is to turn inside, then back again, and then look for Baldock on the right. And really that's about it. Can't tackle or head the ball (a real fucking liability when defending a corner). Very rarely in the opposition penalty area. If this guy's too good for this division, then he should be grabbing hold of an insipid midfield like Watford's, and running the game. Think what Michael Brown, Stuart McCall would do. Or even Kevin Mcdonald or Stephen Quinn. Can't see who would pay big money for him. Really can't. Just have to hope I guess.....
Jebbison offers just as much as Brewster and McBurnie. The lad did nothing wrong last night and deserves the start against Millwall. Why are our strikers always the scapegoat

Turned a like in to a love by the hilariously funny 'cunty cat business'
Although to be fair, it would also have been enough by using the correct past tense format of text, i.e. texted.
Well done for that alone mate.
Oh, and although all seems doom and gloom, I guess with the SKY stats showing the impressive form from when Hecky took over to the end of the season, he deserves a few weeks to see what miracles he can work again. Mind you, I fear being MGW-less might well require more that he has to offer :(

Okay:

Doyle = injured
Anus = banned
Khedra = surrounded by shite
Clark = inept

Edifying stuff, huh?

pommpey
So can I push you to think of a side where Khadra and Doyle are playing with Brewster and Ndiaye and imagine that it will be more positive and with a defence stronger without Stevens and Anel in or have you given up this season already ?
I don’t see what other team could have sensibly been put out at the start.
Watford will probably lose two of their three attacking options and otherwise looked very ordinary.

What astounds me about Hecky he knows nothing about this McAtee guy, is he interested? errrr, is he having a medical? errrrrr, are we in for him? errrrrr FFS. Then he comes out with the pearler that our new CB is banned and he just found out last Thursday. Seen working mens club teams run more professionally.

What astounds me about Hecky he knows nothing about this McAtee guy, is he interested? errrr, is he having a medical? errrrrr, are we in for him? errrrrr FFS. Then he comes out with the pearler that our new CB is banned and he just found out last Thursday. Seen working mens club teams run more professionally.
Hecky notoriously doesn’t like speaking on players until it’s done.

Pretty bad time to ask aswell after the performance that just happened

Jebbison offers just as much as Brewster and McBurnie. The lad did nothing wrong last night and deserves the start against Millwall. Why are our strikers always the scapegoat
.....which is to say he offers not a great deal. Perhaps he does deserve to start against Millwall. There's not a deal else to choose from in all honesty is there? And strikers can make their own opportunities too as well as being set up. The Watford defence didn't seem too clever to me, particularly that twat with the pony tail. Perhaps try bullying them, instead of the other way around....

Welcome back.

Strap yourselves in, it's gonna be one of those seasons. On pre season performances, pretty shit signings an acquisitions, the weeping sore of injuries and tonight's stupid team selection, I'd say it's business as usual. MGW kicked the last ball for us last season and fucked off and evidently took with him Sheffield United's last hope of putting some sort of performance together. And no, I don't conceded 'Watford were PL last season'. Most of our players have played in the PL. But then again, many of them have been at the club longer, and are hanging round like the smell a mucky fanny gives off. Not one that's recently been in action the night before. No. One that has been hanging round in the same set of pants for weeks and belongs to the insane and aged. That's what Stevens, Norwood, Fleck and some others are. Add to that those still here and quietly released we have spunked copious cocksfull of cash on ... you know who I mean ... 'Wilder's Great Gambles' and we have what we have out there tonight.

I had a riposte at Nick Sheff Utd Way's team lineup earlier today on twitter:

View attachment 140870

Nick, in his genial manner came back to ask what I think the lineup should be, but I couldn't answer as really, we haven't signed anyone I feel can improve that, but the key point was the centre mid pairing of pointy and Jimmy. Then:

View attachment 140871

Now, if you are @pingpoongpeterg, have the fucking grace to substantiate your stupidity and square your statements with tonight's fucking abject outing. Let's not forget also that signing an unknown banned player and the fucking appalling fitness and conditioning which blighted our club into the end of last season and still plagues it two and a half months later is another thing which needs addressing. Maybe for later.

But the lineup was basically asking for a pretty iffy Watford, stripped largely of any last-season capability in real terms must have been rubbing their fucking hands when they saw us beaten by Sunday League sides, an impressive injury list and a lineup which spelled 'WILDERBALL' in big, polished, neon letters. Indeed, the kickoff was played back to one of those 'better centre mids' who typically humped it long to the wing where three players were waiting for Baldock. Five hollywood passes later and we still hadn't created anything. Only Baldock was actually bothering getting down the right flank and Stevens on the other side looked like he couldn't be arsed. No idea why he and RND had swapped places - Stevens is more a CB than RND and with Gordon on the bench, why were we shaking the dice with two wingbacks like that anyway?

Watford didn't actually do anything special. Typically, they just waited for us to fuck things up. Jebbison and N'Daiye had to do much of the donkeywork themselves. N'Daiye spent much of his game digging his own furrow because Fleck, Norwood and Berge were just shambolic behind him. None of them carried the ball forward, none of them threatened and definitely none of them created chances, save for Jebbos cheeky chip which my dad could have saved, and he lies six foot under in Hutcliffe Wood at the moment. The first half started reasonably steadily but by the time we'd allowed them a few goes on goal (and a great stop by Wes) the die had been set. Both our '2 better centre mids' showed little if anything but why should they? We've been hanging on a moderate performance from the pair of the useless fuckers for three seasons now, some offering shit like 'Norwood makes us tick' and other even piss-weaker excuses for the shamefully crap John Fleck, not showing less in output than the tosser that eventually was John Lunstram. Behind him, Ciaran Clark seems to be the Oliver Burke of the backline, full of inept errors and misjudgements and just easy to get past or expose. Sander Berge ... the longer the game went on the more transparent he became until all we could see was a floating United badge. Lowe came on for Stevens and we lived in desperate hope he'd improve things but within five minutes was were begging for Enda to come back.

We huffed and we puffed an up comes a corner and from a simply pathetic set play, Fleck fucks it up and Watford are on us. It was like you see a kid waving his hand in a cats face trying to be cunty and suddenly the moggy pounces, clamps his paws round the offending arm, bites a fucking chunk and gives six clawed kicks leaving the chabby rooering and bleeding profusely. Sure, the pass was offside, but who gives a fat fuck? I'll not argue much given our team was so fucking useless in snuffing out the counter ... and we have seen our players look like the fucking keystone cops too many times before, haven't we? So it was. You could have almost started the Benny Hill theme 'Yakkity Sax' from the moment it left Norwood's boot until the moment it hit Wes's net not ten seconds later.

Hecky tried to emulate Weigman's canny substitutions to 'change the game' and hauled the liability that was Clark off for Khedra, Norwood thankfully fucked off hopefully to be transfer listed and shifted out and Jebbo went for Brewster, and less touches for the poor kid. It changed things vestigially. We stopped giving the ball away but still couldn't penetrate or create. Both Berge and Khedra looked simultaneously like their internal narrative was "Fucking hell. Do I really have to play with these dickheads?' Osborn also came on, apparently.

Finally, Billy Sharp came on to at least make everyone believe the forwards were part of United's team but their goalkeeper was sat in a tin bath reading a copy of Razzle for the last fifteen minutes. Watford simply managed us out of the last extended minutes safe in the knowledge that we are just a disorganised, talent free, poorly assembled squad of League One hopefuls, easy meat for three points and clearly reliant on one player for our flattering position last season. Millwall must have watched that game and texted each other in glee about Saturday's game. Sticking my neck out here but I can see Berge gone soon and Hecky sacked by the end of October. Tell me I'm wrong.

Foderingham 7.5/10: A great stop from a header in the first half and some safe ground stops. No chance with their goal
Baldock 4/10: Usual busy but ineffective run up and down the wing. May as well have carried a flag whilst he was doing it for all he achieved
Clark 1/10: Rubbish. Exposed, poor reading and poor defending for the hour he was on. Send him back. This season's Goode
Egan 4/10: At a push, Some decent interceptions but stretched and still lost without O'Connell. Three seasons now I have been saying that.
RND 3/10: Dogshit performance in an unfamiliar position. Hopelessly exposed especially aerially
Stevens 3/10: He's done. Fucking sell him or just give him back to Pompey
Berge 5/10: If that. Made some effort but by 75 minutes his face spelled it all out that he'd joined a pup of a club going nowhere
Norwood 1/10: He gets '1' for a few blocks and interceptions but was his usual dispossessed, chasing shadows, long-ball-to nowhere level of shitness. As said, if he played against Lena Oberdorf today, she would have fucking broken him like a fucking Weetabix. Please - everyone: Stop this 'Norwood makes us tick' horseshit and 'we are a better team with him in it'. Neither of these are true and you need to stop taking the deludamol. He points a lot. He boots it long. If that is your measure of what makes a good defensive midfielder, then you clearly don't watch much football.
Fleck 0/10: There was just no redeeming aspects in his game tonight. He was simply shit from start to finish and needs to be either terminated contractually or loaned out to a club where he would make his mark, like Brunsmeer Celtic or Throstles B.
N'Daiye 5.5/10: Tried his fucking best to get some purchase and create chances. But there is a big hole in his pitch now that is Morgan Gibbs-White shaped and don't we all know it?
Jebbison 2/10: Cheeky chip. Poor kid. Absolutely nothing else to get at because the midfield are too fucking busy trying not to fuck up and then fucking up

Lowe 2/10: Dreadful return. Passing was abysmal and he was run ragged
Osborn 3/10: If that. Saw him chase, but he simply not even Championship level
Khedra 5/10: Showed 'some' promise but then again, when you are surrounded by turds, even a diamond smells of shit
Brewster 3/10: No more 'poor kid'. He's been at the club long enough with a big price tag to now know what to do. Mind you, it would help it the team found him with the ball
Sharp 2/10: Not enough time or bandwidth to make any effect

Heckingbottom 1/10: Shoulders FULL responsibility for all of this. The signings, the injuries, the pre season, the team selection and tonight utterly predictable and utterly shit performance and result. It's his bag. He needs to stop fucking playing Wilderball, have the potatoes to drop players who have been there too long and start rebuilding this team to even survive this division, once again. Tick-tock, Hecky. Get the fuck on with it.

pommpey
Welcome back Pommp's-
Stripping your report back it actually spot on, it was a dreadful performance, what worries me most is the apparent lack of a game plan other than to hold out for 90 minutes for a 0-0 - I think Norwood has improved his pointing but not much else, Fleck is finished, Berge must wish he was somewhere else, (he actually covered every blade of grass last night trying to get our midfield working - after about 70 minutes even he looked as though he had given up! -
I take your point on Heck'y being sacked by October, I was thinking that last night - and it's only been one game!! It just looked a shambles last night and it can't all be about injuries!

Anyway great to be back and thanks for the report

Stevens hasn't put a shift in for nearly 2 years. Looks great with his 50 yard back passes & 30 yard square balls to Egan (who then passes back 50 yards to the keeper).
Too many cowards on the pitch playing nice little comfortable passes that go nowhere.

Manager is uninspiring. Just listened to his usual after match bo11ocks. If you didn't know better you wouldn't know whether we had won , drawn or lost - his interviews are all the same.
Some have said they need a rocket: this manager doesn't have a rocket in his locker.
Rather more telling was his absolute lack of knowledge about Macatee. Genuinely had no idea whether it was close/at the medical stage or interested at all. He's another Sheffield United cheap option that says the right words to those higher up.
Don't think the bullshit is going to wash this sease.
Hes in for a fucking shock if he tries to go all Adkins or Cough, tossing it off endlessly.
We are not having it.

.....which is to say he offers not a great deal. Perhaps he does deserve to start against Millwall. There's not a deal else to choose from in all honesty is there? And strikers can make their own opportunities too as well as being set up. The Watford defence didn't seem too clever to me, particularly that twat with the pony tail. Perhaps try bullying them, instead of the other way around....
He was man marked against 3 defenders. All of our defence was just hoofing it up to him. Are you expecting him to touch it down and hit it from the halfway line. The lad did best he could with what he had. The failings lie with the midfield

You could have pulled Jebbo off after 30min yesterday and conceded he just wasn't ready for a lone striker role. Completely anonymous for that period, just running around aimlessly.

Something clicked after that, and he played pretty well from then on, put himself about, made some things happen despite the complete lack of service. One thing I get from him is intelligence and a determination to succeed. He found a way to turn it around in game last night, and made it work despite the challenging circumstances. You couldn't give his overall performance more than a 6, but I found that really impressive and promising for the future.

Your best ever Pomnpey - and you've achieved the miracle of making me laugh about that shambolic performance - thank you.

A good funny read.

We never win when we are on Sky. Kiss of death.

He has been quite critical too in the past. I rate Asaba's opinion and he does more research than Gage does who just seems to phone it in.
He also said we should consider playing a back four !!!

That should be enough ...

He was man marked against 3 defenders. All of our defence was just hoofing it up to him. Are you expecting him to touch it down and hit it from the halfway line. The lad did best he could with what he had. The failings lie with the midfield
The failings are all over!!!

On & off the pitch.

If we get Macatee Hecky's head might literally explode. He doesn't like playing 2 skilful & quick players (he was forced to play MGW & Ndiaye together) in the same side let alone 3.

On the nail, witty, coarse and full of intelligent analysis. Sort of glad we were so shit to drive this diatribe from you Pommps. I was pissed up in Prague trying to watch this shitshower show. I was actually embarrassed having asked the Irish bar manager to put this drivel on the TV for me making others endure what I think was one of the most inept performances of recent times. Where was the system? What was the plan? It wasn't Wilderball, it was Wilderball without supporting players as you pointed out. I cannot think of one forward attack through midfield except when Berge put Furious through on the right. He made a good cross for once and we could have scored. They should watch how Wallis put a ball through the German defence and how Toone finished it on Sunday!
Watford were shite, we were shiter. Atrocious football, atrocious control, atrocious patterns of play. No idea, no pace and no attacking intent from midfield. Pointy pinging aimlessly, Fleck flatuating, Berge Bismarking!
First game maybe, but PH and team have had weeks of preseason to instil some effing system into this team. What was the plan? I am bewildered. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom