My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Welcome back.

Strap yourselves in, it's gonna be one of those seasons. On pre season performances, pretty shit signings an acquisitions, the weeping sore of injuries and tonight's stupid team selection, I'd say it's business as usual. MGW kicked the last ball for us last season and fucked off and evidently took with him Sheffield United's last hope of putting some sort of performance together. And no, I don't conceded 'Watford were PL last season'. Most of our players have played in the PL. But then again, many of them have been at the club longer, and are hanging round like the smell a mucky fanny gives off. Not one that's recently been in action the night before. No. One that has been hanging round in the same set of pants for weeks and belongs to the insane and aged. That's what Stevens, Norwood, Fleck and some others are. Add to that those still here and quietly released we have spunked copious cocksfull of cash on ... you know who I mean ... 'Wilder's Great Gambles' and we have what we have out there tonight.

I had a riposte at Nick Sheff Utd Way's team lineup earlier today on twitter:

View attachment 140870

Nick, in his genial manner came back to ask what I think the lineup should be, but I couldn't answer as really, we haven't signed anyone I feel can improve that, but the key point was the centre mid pairing of pointy and Jimmy. Then:

View attachment 140871

Now, if you are @pingpoongpeterg, have the fucking grace to substantiate your stupidity and square your statements with tonight's fucking abject outing. Let's not forget also that signing an unknown banned player and the fucking appalling fitness and conditioning which blighted our club into the end of last season and still plagues it two and a half months later is another thing which needs addressing. Maybe for later.

But the lineup was basically asking for a pretty iffy Watford, stripped largely of any last-season capability in real terms must have been rubbing their fucking hands when they saw us beaten by Sunday League sides, an impressive injury list and a lineup which spelled 'WILDERBALL' in big, polished, neon letters. Indeed, the kickoff was played back to one of those 'better centre mids' who typically humped it long to the wing where three players were waiting for Baldock. Five hollywood passes later and we still hadn't created anything. Only Baldock was actually bothering getting down the right flank and Stevens on the other side looked like he couldn't be arsed. No idea why he and RND had swapped places - Stevens is more a CB than RND and with Gordon on the bench, why were we shaking the dice with two wingbacks like that anyway?

Watford didn't actually do anything special. Typically, they just waited for us to fuck things up. Jebbison and N'Daiye had to do much of the donkeywork themselves. N'Daiye spent much of his game digging his own furrow because Fleck, Norwood and Berge were just shambolic behind him. None of them carried the ball forward, none of them threatened and definitely none of them created chances, save for Jebbos cheeky chip which my dad could have saved, and he lies six foot under in Hutcliffe Wood at the moment. The first half started reasonably steadily but by the time we'd allowed them a few goes on goal (and a great stop by Wes) the die had been set. Both our '2 better centre mids' showed little if anything but why should they? We've been hanging on a moderate performance from the pair of the useless fuckers for three seasons now, some offering shit like 'Norwood makes us tick' and other even piss-weaker excuses for the shamefully crap John Fleck, not showing less in output than the tosser that eventually was John Lunstram. Behind him, Ciaran Clark seems to be the Oliver Burke of the backline, full of inept errors and misjudgements and just easy to get past or expose. Sander Berge ... the longer the game went on the more transparent he became until all we could see was a floating United badge. Lowe came on for Stevens and we lived in desperate hope he'd improve things but within five minutes was were begging for Enda to come back.

We huffed and we puffed an up comes a corner and from a simply pathetic set play, Fleck fucks it up and Watford are on us. It was like you see a kid waving his hand in a cats face trying to be cunty and suddenly the moggy pounces, clamps his paws round the offending arm, bites a fucking chunk and gives six clawed kicks leaving the chabby rooering and bleeding profusely. Sure, the pass was offside, but who gives a fat fuck? I'll not argue much given our team was so fucking useless in snuffing out the counter ... and we have seen our players look like the fucking keystone cops too many times before, haven't we? So it was. You could have almost started the Benny Hill theme 'Yakkity Sax' from the moment it left Norwood's boot until the moment it hit Wes's net not ten seconds later.

Hecky tried to emulate Weigman's canny substitutions to 'change the game' and hauled the liability that was Clark off for Khedra, Norwood thankfully fucked off hopefully to be transfer listed and shifted out and Jebbo went for Brewster, and less touches for the poor kid. It changed things vestigially. We stopped giving the ball away but still couldn't penetrate or create. Both Berge and Khedra looked simultaneously like their internal narrative was "Fucking hell. Do I really have to play with these dickheads?' Osborn also came on, apparently.

Finally, Billy Sharp came on to at least make everyone believe the forwards were part of United's team but their goalkeeper was sat in a tin bath reading a copy of Razzle for the last fifteen minutes. Watford simply managed us out of the last extended minutes safe in the knowledge that we are just a disorganised, talent free, poorly assembled squad of League One hopefuls, easy meat for three points and clearly reliant on one player for our flattering position last season. Millwall must have watched that game and texted each other in glee about Saturday's game. Sticking my neck out here but I can see Berge gone soon and Hecky sacked by the end of October. Tell me I'm wrong.

Foderingham 7.5/10: A great stop from a header in the first half and some safe ground stops. No chance with their goal
Baldock 4/10: Usual busy but ineffective run up and down the wing. May as well have carried a flag whilst he was doing it for all he achieved
Clark 1/10: Rubbish. Exposed, poor reading and poor defending for the hour he was on. Send him back. This season's Goode
Egan 4/10: At a push, Some decent interceptions but stretched and still lost without O'Connell. Three seasons now I have been saying that.
RND 3/10: Dogshit performance in an unfamiliar position. Hopelessly exposed especially aerially
Stevens 3/10: He's done. Fucking sell him or just give him back to Pompey
Berge 5/10: If that. Made some effort but by 75 minutes his face spelled it all out that he'd joined a pup of a club going nowhere
Norwood 1/10: He gets '1' for a few blocks and interceptions but was his usual dispossessed, chasing shadows, long-ball-to nowhere level of shitness. As said, if he played against Lena Oberdorf today, she would have fucking broken him like a fucking Weetabix. Please - everyone: Stop this 'Norwood makes us tick' horseshit and 'we are a better team with him in it'. Neither of these are true and you need to stop taking the deludamol. He points a lot. He boots it long. If that is your measure of what makes a good defensive midfielder, then you clearly don't watch much football.
Fleck 0/10: There was just no redeeming aspects in his game tonight. He was simply shit from start to finish and needs to be either terminated contractually or loaned out to a club where he would make his mark, like Brunsmeer Celtic or Throstles B.
N'Daiye 5.5/10: Tried his fucking best to get some purchase and create chances. But there is a big hole in his pitch now that is Morgan Gibbs-White shaped and don't we all know it?
Jebbison 2/10: Cheeky chip. Poor kid. Absolutely nothing else to get at because the midfield are too fucking busy trying not to fuck up and then fucking up

Lowe 2/10: Dreadful return. Passing was abysmal and he was run ragged
Osborn 3/10: If that. Saw him chase, but he simply not even Championship level
Khedra 5/10: Showed 'some' promise but then again, when you are surrounded by turds, even a diamond smells of shit
Brewster 3/10: No more 'poor kid'. He's been at the club long enough with a big price tag to now know what to do. Mind you, it would help it the team found him with the ball
Sharp 2/10: Not enough time or bandwidth to make any effect

Heckingbottom 1/10: Shoulders FULL responsibility for all of this. The signings, the injuries, the pre season, the team selection and tonight utterly predictable and utterly shit performance and result. It's his bag. He needs to stop fucking playing Wilderball, have the potatoes to drop players who have been there too long and start rebuilding this team to even survive this division, once again. Tick-tock, Hecky. Get the fuck on with it.

pommpey

Harsh but lengthy and largely true. I would like to give you an extra point for the use of 'vestigially'

Yes it was utter garbage on Monday but it was still only the 1st game so think some of the doom and gloom may be slightly premature.

IIBH I can't actually remember the last season we had a good start so a poor 1st couple of games doesn't necessarily have to spell certain doom.

Sure everyone can remember the start to our last promotion season from this division can't they? A very insipid home loss and then a pumping at Boro. That season didn't turn out too bad did it??

First match I have not seen in the flesh or on a stream for a long long time as on a big hol and needed to be driving at the time, fucking sky messing with my plans, but was able to listen to Talk Sports coverage, and it sounded OK first 25 mins, then they got into it but they said both managers would be happy at half time, 2nd half lost coverage, intermittently, as we are a bit remote, but it was OK until Fleck and Norwood had a brain fart ( I am sure they did the same last year) the comentator said it was the refs fault and Hecky got booked for complaining. Then after the subs it all went tits up.

So since Deadbat retired I have to read between Pommy's lines of utter shit or brilliant. Also feel unfair to criticise new bees until I have seen them. So Clarke is a worry, the others need a game. (Also I need Anel to be great, just to hear the Paul Beasly chat get recycled).

On Berge, I still stand by my initial assessment of him at Palace in his first match which for me was where the Wilder project started to wobble, it upset the dressing room (well Lunstrum who had been a reverlation up to then and Berge was nesh and negative (yes he has more ability than the rest of the team, just wish he had half of Osborn's desire). Since then half a dozen good performances and one brilliant one against Wilder's Middlesbrough, has not changed my opinion. Fuck him off and move on.

Thanks Pommy for your views, I can appreciate what you are getting at most of the time and you always have a great one liner. But you can say we were bang average sometimes!

On the plus side we were not as bad as the first match last year at West Brom, which was the worse performance I have seen since 1979! So on that front I will take it as a positive and pray for better things when we get a bit of Anel!

Monday night was a fkg awful display & there’s no getting away from that , absolutely no creativity and looked like a side happy to contain the opponent with a faint hope of a random attack on the break .
The midfield was diabolical , no energy , shape & creativity , Fleck & Norwood legs have gone & Berge just didn’t look interested .
At the back the two wingbacks sat thst deep in the formation we had no width or supply line whatsoever , Clark granted bring played of position had a mare , if he was thst unsuited to playing there then Gordon would have been the better starting option . Max Lowe .. fuck me we should have snatched Forests hands off when they offered us ten Bob for him , had a dozen touches and fucked everyone up !
Sorry to the Jebbo fans on here , that lad is nowhere near Championship level at present & he may not ever be ?
Only players to come off the pitch with any credit in a Utd shirt were Fodders & Ndiaye .. the latter being our best player that the manager thought I better substitute ???
We need some real surgery to this side or it’s heading in a southerly direction in the table this season , I hope we get the other kid from Man City ( McAtee ) and get Doyle fit soon , Khadra needs to in that starting 11 and we need a CF with a physical presence before the window closes ( Davis from Villa or alike ) .⚔️

Wow pomppay ! has your holiday been cut short!
That was way over the top after one game.
It's obvious we have to be better!.

What do you want then finlay?

"Oh well, what a shame."

You won't get it. When our team play like a shower of bellends, I will reserve the right to say 'they played like a shower of bellends'

A draw would have been a surprising and satisfying result. The trouble is, Watford were always going to beat us with this crappy, chimp laden team

pommpey

What do you want then finlay?

"Oh well, what a shame."

You won't get it. When our team play like a shower of bellends, I will reserve the right to say 'they played like a shower of bellends'

A draw would have been a surprising and satisfying result. The trouble is, Watford were always going to beat us with this crappy, chimp laden team

pommpey
Just give it a bit of time !' jumping on there backs after one game with plenty of players not 100% fit doesn't do us any favours.
We did nearly acheave what seemed impossible last November.
Being critical after one game is not the way to go.
Still team building just give it a bit of slack.
I like your match comments usually ! Just feel you went too far too quickly.
In my opinion of course.

Yes it was utter garbage on Monday but it was still only the 1st game so think some of the doom and gloom may be slightly premature.

IIBH I can't actually remember the last season we had a good start so a poor 1st couple of games doesn't necessarily have to spell certain doom.

Sure everyone can remember the start to our last promotion season from this division can't they? A very insipid home loss and then a pumping at Boro. That season didn't turn out too bad did it??
Why can they never be ready to start a season after playing fucking lower league Spanish sides, Doncaster Rovers and then the likes of Burton Akbion this year?
They are never prepared for a season and playing fuck weak opposition does not help matters.

Fleck looks a stone overweight as usual. Every other cunt is injured.
Dont worry, McBurnie will be hobbling back by mid October and then get Covid or a 'knock' and rest until January.

Just give it a bit of time !' jumping on there backs after one game with plenty of players not 100% fit doesn't do us any favours.
In my opinion of course.
We've started a new season with a team that is significantly worse than the one that finished the previous one, not really good enough. The Anel suspension is piss poor and someone should have known, the lack of attacking threat is piss poor and we've not signed anything to improve it. We have a dearth of 'number 10's' and look to be signing another so fingers crossed that between them they can create enough for our forwards to score a few goals from.

Pommpey is calling it out on a game by game basis and I'm assuming that if we spank Millwall at the weekend he'll be as gushing with praise in his report as he was scathing with criticism after Monday.

Come on chaps, let's give them the first 4 games, see what happens.
Theres no need to panic yet, we should know that by now.

Welcome back.

Strap yourselves in, it's gonna be one of those seasons. On pre season performances, pretty shit signings an acquisitions, the weeping sore of injuries and tonight's stupid team selection, I'd say it's business as usual. MGW kicked the last ball for us last season and fucked off and evidently took with him Sheffield United's last hope of putting some sort of performance together. And no, I don't conceded 'Watford were PL last season'. Most of our players have played in the PL. But then again, many of them have been at the club longer, and are hanging round like the smell a mucky fanny gives off. Not one that's recently been in action the night before. No. One that has been hanging round in the same set of pants for weeks and belongs to the insane and aged. That's what Stevens, Norwood, Fleck and some others are. Add to that those still here and quietly released we have spunked copious cocksfull of cash on ... you know who I mean ... 'Wilder's Great Gambles' and we have what we have out there tonight.

I had a riposte at Nick Sheff Utd Way's team lineup earlier today on twitter:

View attachment 140870

Nick, in his genial manner came back to ask what I think the lineup should be, but I couldn't answer as really, we haven't signed anyone I feel can improve that, but the key point was the centre mid pairing of pointy and Jimmy. Then:

View attachment 140871

Now, if you are @pingpoongpeterg, have the fucking grace to substantiate your stupidity and square your statements with tonight's fucking abject outing. Let's not forget also that signing an unknown banned player and the fucking appalling fitness and conditioning which blighted our club into the end of last season and still plagues it two and a half months later is another thing which needs addressing. Maybe for later.

But the lineup was basically asking for a pretty iffy Watford, stripped largely of any last-season capability in real terms must have been rubbing their fucking hands when they saw us beaten by Sunday League sides, an impressive injury list and a lineup which spelled 'WILDERBALL' in big, polished, neon letters. Indeed, the kickoff was played back to one of those 'better centre mids' who typically humped it long to the wing where three players were waiting for Baldock. Five hollywood passes later and we still hadn't created anything. Only Baldock was actually bothering getting down the right flank and Stevens on the other side looked like he couldn't be arsed. No idea why he and RND had swapped places - Stevens is more a CB than RND and with Gordon on the bench, why were we shaking the dice with two wingbacks like that anyway?

Watford didn't actually do anything special. Typically, they just waited for us to fuck things up. Jebbison and N'Daiye had to do much of the donkeywork themselves. N'Daiye spent much of his game digging his own furrow because Fleck, Norwood and Berge were just shambolic behind him. None of them carried the ball forward, none of them threatened and definitely none of them created chances, save for Jebbos cheeky chip which my dad could have saved, and he lies six foot under in Hutcliffe Wood at the moment. The first half started reasonably steadily but by the time we'd allowed them a few goes on goal (and a great stop by Wes) the die had been set. Both our '2 better centre mids' showed little if anything but why should they? We've been hanging on a moderate performance from the pair of the useless fuckers for three seasons now, some offering shit like 'Norwood makes us tick' and other even piss-weaker excuses for the shamefully crap John Fleck, not showing less in output than the tosser that eventually was John Lunstram. Behind him, Ciaran Clark seems to be the Oliver Burke of the backline, full of inept errors and misjudgements and just easy to get past or expose. Sander Berge ... the longer the game went on the more transparent he became until all we could see was a floating United badge. Lowe came on for Stevens and we lived in desperate hope he'd improve things but within five minutes was were begging for Enda to come back.

We huffed and we puffed an up comes a corner and from a simply pathetic set play, Fleck fucks it up and Watford are on us. It was like you see a kid waving his hand in a cats face trying to be cunty and suddenly the moggy pounces, clamps his paws round the offending arm, bites a fucking chunk and gives six clawed kicks leaving the chabby rooering and bleeding profusely. Sure, the pass was offside, but who gives a fat fuck? I'll not argue much given our team was so fucking useless in snuffing out the counter ... and we have seen our players look like the fucking keystone cops too many times before, haven't we? So it was. You could have almost started the Benny Hill theme 'Yakkity Sax' from the moment it left Norwood's boot until the moment it hit Wes's net not ten seconds later.

Hecky tried to emulate Weigman's canny substitutions to 'change the game' and hauled the liability that was Clark off for Khedra, Norwood thankfully fucked off hopefully to be transfer listed and shifted out and Jebbo went for Brewster, and less touches for the poor kid. It changed things vestigially. We stopped giving the ball away but still couldn't penetrate or create. Both Berge and Khedra looked simultaneously like their internal narrative was "Fucking hell. Do I really have to play with these dickheads?' Osborn also came on, apparently.

Finally, Billy Sharp came on to at least make everyone believe the forwards were part of United's team but their goalkeeper was sat in a tin bath reading a copy of Razzle for the last fifteen minutes. Watford simply managed us out of the last extended minutes safe in the knowledge that we are just a disorganised, talent free, poorly assembled squad of League One hopefuls, easy meat for three points and clearly reliant on one player for our flattering position last season. Millwall must have watched that game and texted each other in glee about Saturday's game. Sticking my neck out here but I can see Berge gone soon and Hecky sacked by the end of October. Tell me I'm wrong.

Foderingham 7.5/10: A great stop from a header in the first half and some safe ground stops. No chance with their goal
Baldock 4/10: Usual busy but ineffective run up and down the wing. May as well have carried a flag whilst he was doing it for all he achieved
Clark 1/10: Rubbish. Exposed, poor reading and poor defending for the hour he was on. Send him back. This season's Goode
Egan 4/10: At a push, Some decent interceptions but stretched and still lost without O'Connell. Three seasons now I have been saying that.
RND 3/10: Dogshit performance in an unfamiliar position. Hopelessly exposed especially aerially
Stevens 3/10: He's done. Fucking sell him or just give him back to Pompey
Berge 5/10: If that. Made some effort but by 75 minutes his face spelled it all out that he'd joined a pup of a club going nowhere
Norwood 1/10: He gets '1' for a few blocks and interceptions but was his usual dispossessed, chasing shadows, long-ball-to nowhere level of shitness. As said, if he played against Lena Oberdorf today, she would have fucking broken him like a fucking Weetabix. Please - everyone: Stop this 'Norwood makes us tick' horseshit and 'we are a better team with him in it'. Neither of these are true and you need to stop taking the deludamol. He points a lot. He boots it long. If that is your measure of what makes a good defensive midfielder, then you clearly don't watch much football.
Fleck 0/10: There was just no redeeming aspects in his game tonight. He was simply shit from start to finish and needs to be either terminated contractually or loaned out to a club where he would make his mark, like Brunsmeer Celtic or Throstles B.
N'Daiye 5.5/10: Tried his fucking best to get some purchase and create chances. But there is a big hole in his pitch now that is Morgan Gibbs-White shaped and don't we all know it?
Jebbison 2/10: Cheeky chip. Poor kid. Absolutely nothing else to get at because the midfield are too fucking busy trying not to fuck up and then fucking up

Lowe 2/10: Dreadful return. Passing was abysmal and he was run ragged
Osborn 3/10: If that. Saw him chase, but he simply not even Championship level
Khedra 5/10: Showed 'some' promise but then again, when you are surrounded by turds, even a diamond smells of shit
Brewster 3/10: No more 'poor kid'. He's been at the club long enough with a big price tag to now know what to do. Mind you, it would help it the team found him with the ball
Sharp 2/10: Not enough time or bandwidth to make any effect

Heckingbottom 1/10: Shoulders FULL responsibility for all of this. The signings, the injuries, the pre season, the team selection and tonight utterly predictable and utterly shit performance and result. It's his bag. He needs to stop fucking playing Wilderball, have the potatoes to drop players who have been there too long and start rebuilding this team to even survive this division, once again. Tick-tock, Hecky. Get the fuck on with it.

pommpey

5D3EEB86-2C9B-4999-B654-58E239C79677.jpeg

In my opinion of course.

It's not 'one game' though, is it?

Quite evidently, the last person to kick a ball last season is the talismanic force we now miss and are back to struggling with the misfits we have been saddled with for many seasons. You know exactly who I mean. Those who have been coasting on a surprising wave of promotional upsurge and who are now way, way past their best. Couple that with a vast array of dismally bad signings by a still-revered manager and we have what we saw on Monday. The team is broken and won't be fixed until we ditch the dross and rebuild from the three or four players who deserve to wear the shirt, some of them frustratingly injured.

And I'll reserve judgement on Doyle, McAteer and Khadra until I see them play full games. Remember how trunky we got when we brought in Woodburn? Fuck me he was 'quick'. He's was 'hungry'. He had 'goals in him'. He was shit-on-a-bagel is what he was

pommpey

Quite evidently, the last person to kick a ball last season is the talismanic force we now miss and are back to struggling with the misfits we have been saddled with for many seasons. You know exactly who I mean. Those who have been coasting on a surprising wave of promotional upsurge and who are now way, way past their best. Couple that with a vast array of dismally bad signings by a still-revered manager and we have what we saw on Monday. The team is broken and won't be fixed until we ditch the dross and rebuild from the three or four players who deserve to wear the shirt, some of them frustratingly injured.

And I'll reserve judgement on Doyle, McAteer and Khadra until I see them play full games. Remember how trunky we got when we brought in Woodburn? Fuck me he was 'quick'. He's was 'hungry'. He had 'goals in him'. He was shit-on-a-bagel is what he was

pommpey
learn ball

pommpey
Love that..." shit-on-a-bagel " quote. Too many people on here saying "wait and see"- "give them 4 games". Bollocks - they've had all summer to sort this lot out and Hecky has done f;uck all.. One or two of this team are like walking X-rays, taking money for nothing and it needs to stop. Hecky - get a grip or move on.

We've started a new season with a team that is significantly worse than the one that finished the previous one, not really good enough.

Have we though?

We've lost 1 player who is a big loss but the team was virtually the same that finished last season.

More than happy to be proved wrong but IMHO the squad this year is far stronger than last year so although we may have a slowish start we'll be up there.

Have we though?

We've lost 1 player who is a big loss but the team was virtually the same that finished last season.

More than happy to be proved wrong but IMHO the squad this year is far stronger than last year so although we may have a slowish start we'll be up there.
The team v Watford was significantly weaker than the team from last season.

Our best team last season had Sharp, Basham and MGW as well as RND instead of Stevens and Bogle instead of Baldock. We had Jebbison, Clark and Ndiaye in place of these 3 players. None are as good as who they replaced.

We've recruited some good players on paper, I just don't see how they all fit in a team given the formation we play?!

Agree with most of that Pomp’s
Only slight differences
Clark out of position maybe , but still on this showing not great , but would he be 3rd choice behind bash , Anel ?
Thought Berge / Baldock did ok first half the pass to set up Jebo’s shot was fast flowing and straight at em
Norwood/ Fleck / Stevens have contributed greatly for us but need to have less and less first team action because it’s ruining the good times they gave us
Osborn wasn’t great today
Lowe back to shite premier league performances on this showing
Think illy / Brewster and Kadra in behind em could be good going forward
Gave ya a like for Throstles long time since I’ve seen that name mentioned
And no he’s not getting sacked by October
We’ll be top a league by then

I ”looked” feckin “lively” rantin ont settee wondering when our midfield 3 were going to come on and kick a ball. Fleck, Norwood were pub league standard (and that’s unfair ont pubs) and Berge was posing and checking his hair totally unaware the game had been kicked off for 25 mins.
Oooh so on here will not like that at all 😭😭😭 even though its 100% Correct

Our best team last season had Sharp, Basham and MGW as well as RND instead of Stevens and Bogle instead of Baldock. We had Jebbison, Clark and Ndiaye in place of these 3 players. None are as good as who they replaced.

We've recruited some good players on paper, I just don't see how they all fit in a team given the formation we play?!

Can see the reasoning for your post now so maybe I read it wrong but of all those only MGW isn't here anymore.

We also have far far better options now that we didn't last season.

Can see the reasoning for your post now so maybe I read it wrong but of all those only MGW isn't here anymore.

We also have far far better options now that we didn't last season.
Yep sorry, my point was that despite signings we managed to start the 1st game of the season weaker than we ended the last one.

pommpey I think it's a massive overreaction and your outlook is too apocalyptic. It was the first day of the season and we had a patched up defence going up against the best front 3 in the divison.. we are also notoriously shit on the first day of every season.

However - I really enjoyed the read.
Some of the turns of phrase really made me chuckle.

Big fan of Pompey - makes me chuckle quite a bit and his insights tend to align with mine.

Not got much to add but when in Tim Horton's at Crystal Peaks this afternoon with my 16 year old Blade loving grandson, I remembered those wonderful words of Martin Luther King....

'Take the first step in faith.
You dont have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step'

Tarks

PS ....Here's to crushing the Bushwhackers on Saturday (my words not MLK!)

Agree with most of that Pomp’s
Only slight differences
Clark out of position maybe , but still on this showing not great , but would he be 3rd choice behind bash , Anel ?
Thought Berge / Baldock did ok first half the pass to set up Jebo’s shot was fast flowing and straight at em
Norwood/ Fleck / Stevens have contributed greatly for us but need to have less and less first team action because it’s ruining the good times they gave us
Osborn wasn’t great today
Lowe back to shite premier league performances on this showing
Think illy / Brewster and Kadra in behind em could be good going forward
Gave ya a like for Throstles long time since I’ve seen that name mentioned
And no he’s not getting sacked by October
We’ll be top a league by then

Throstles, used to be a handy junior set up, back in the day.

Throstles, used to be a handy junior set up, back in the day.

We played them regularly in the Sheffield Sunday Junior U12, U13 and U14s.

Other teams included Brunsmeer Juniors, Three Feathers, Meersbrook Athletic, Hallamshire Celtic, Handsworth Juniors, Ecclesfield Juniors, Beighton Miners Welfare and a few others.

We (Cutlers Arms, later Moreland Juniors) were fucking bobbar. We got thrashed week in, week out. Hallamshire Celtic were 'big lads' and definitely ringers. Some of them stunk of beer and had wedding rings. Three Feathers always had the best teams, and were managed by a fucking ancient bloke who smoked a pipe. We only won two games in one season, both against Meersbrook where I scored in both games. Home match was at Herdings Park (3-1) and the away game played on that field by Park Grange Road on the Manor. It was fucking freezing that day, I latched onto a through pass and ran on to face their keeper and tucked it under him. Reyt goyal.

pommpey

The fact that Bogle was on fire last season till his injury has somehow got forgotten

Back
Top Bottom