Is Wilder Really Going To See This Out?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No, we should appoint him for taking Bournemouth from nothing to an EPL team for 5 years.
He was backed by a russian billionaire and they broke spending regulations all the way up.He created a good team playing attacking football all credit to him for that ..where would th ey have been without Russian money.

They are the most misleading match stats of the season and don't tell the story of how Spurs didn't have to try after we gifted them a goal early doors. Lloris didn't have a decent save to make all game, the only decent chance apart from the goal was the block by Dier on Bogle.

Corners are a waste of time for us at the moment and every time they have one we look shit scared.

When a team scores early on you'd expect the other team to dominate possession to try and get back in the game. Spurs led from the 5th minute and still had more of the ball than us.
I agree with you but as stats they are factual, just as the spots on the pitch screen grab is factual

I can't be held responsible for how other people might interpret them

;)

I agree with you but as stats they are factual, just as the spots on the pitch screen grab is factual

I can't be held responsible for how other people might interpret them

;)
I've got a couple of mates who are Spurs fans and they text me before, during and after the match yesterday. Before they were slightly worried and thought our league position was false, during they asked me if we were going to bother competing with them and after they were asking what has happened to our players since last season when we gave them 2 good games.

If I'd have turned round and said "statistically we weren't that bad" I'd have looked a knob, because you don't need stats when you've got eyes.

For people saying change formation. Well if you've been coached to a system for the best part of 3 years. Is it easy to just switch it up and know your role in a new system?
And do we have the squad to switch to a new formation and system?

Yes, every football player in Britain knows their basic role in two lines of four. It's the easiest thing to coach, especially defensively.

We're not scoring, or looking very likely to score anyway, so the other end of the pitch isn't the issue.

As it is, that back three and the wing backs keep changing personnel and he still can't find the magic permutation.

I'll say it again, the best we played this season before Newcastle was the second half at Brighton, with 10 men, and forced into 4-4-1.

The 'our fans are the worst' bollocks makes me laugh.

Based on a small minority on social media?

Even people in the game have been saying we're missing fans as much as anyone and that our ground is one of the most intimidating.

We've won one league game and drawn two in 22 attempts. We've got 5 points at the halfway point of the season and are on course to be the worst team in PL history with the media starting to laugh at us.

Yet there isn't even anything like the clamour to remove Wilder that you see at other clubs for much less.

Most vindictive fans? Fucking hysterical hyperbolic thundercuntish tripe.
I work with loads of fans of other clubs (mainly Scabs and Sheepshaggers) and when I proclaim every Monday morning that Chris Wilder is still the man for us.....It leaves everybody either an open mouthed or shaking their head in disbelief.
When it comes to fan bases showing enduring loyalty, for a club who’ve given us very little over the last 40 years. You have to say we’re right up there with the very best.

I've got a couple of mates who are Spurs fans and they text me before, during and after the match yesterday. Before they were slightly worried and thought our league position was false, during they asked me if we were going to bother competing with them and after they were asking what has happened to our players since last season when we gave them 2 good games.

If I'd have turned round and said "statistically we weren't that bad" I'd have looked a knob, because you don't need stats when you've got eyes.
You wouldnt have said that though would you?

I say again, stats are factual, interpretation isn't.

I saw the game and we were very disappointing but it doesn't alter the actual, factual stats.

Kind of agree with this .Apart from the team full of league 1 journeymen narrative.Bet a lot of league 1 and championship teams Wouldn’t turn there nose up at two 20 million £ plus strikers and sander berge.

True, but the problem there is we paid 20 mill for potential because we couldn't compete with the other teams to sign the finished article

So is the first division the level we should be judged against? Should Wednesday be the level we should be judged against?
Sorry I think United belong with the elite and I am very disappointed with the poor Mangement both on and off the pitch and think the supporters deserve better.
Has there been something positive to say since November?

What are you talking about being judges on. We spent 6 years in league one financially we were not in a good way. We got promoted to the championship and couldn’t spend millions so what we had to do was wheel and deal. By selling brooks it allows us to bring 2/3 players in which were instrumental in getting us promoted.

We couldn’t afford to do it any other way. I cannot believe I am even having to write this to be honest. I am quite sure he said it at the time he would have loved to to have kept Brooks but the player wanted to go and we needed to generate the cash.

Come to think of it, it might be best for Wilder to walk away for his own sake. He owes nothing to the fans of this club, who are quite possibly the most vindictive set of ingrates in all of Association Football.
The great yet slightly altered return of the ‘its the fans fault we’re shit’ argument. Get the popcorn lads this forum is going to be 2014-15 level gold.

Let me change that to, players with Premier league experience. I’m not talking about players at the top of their game here. I feel we could have loaned in that sort of experience early doors.

Again you have no idea the players we will have enquired about etc. Wilder could have given them a list and we couldn’t get any of the first choice players he wanted. I’m sure he would love a blank cheque book to go and get anyone he wanted.

Like it or not we are fishing in a much smaller pond to the majority of team in this league. I cannot remember there being much opposition to any of the signings we made at the time.

The great yet slightly altered return of the ‘its the fans fault we’re shit’ argument. Get the popcorn lads this forum is going to be 2014-15 level gold.

To be fair S40 I don’t think he was saying it’s the fans fault I think he is having a go at the fans turning on the manager. I can fully understand why people would want him out. There isn’t a clubs fans in world football that wouldn’t be shouting for the managers head in this position.
I think what the poster was having a go at is some of the vitriol the manager is facing from a section of the fan base. Regardless of if you think he has to go or not what the man has done for this club is unbelievable and he deserves more respect than some are giving him.
Some of the messages I’m seeing are quite frankly embarrassing. Saying he didn’t want to keep brooks because he doesn’t like flair players, come on this is ridiculous. I have maintained throughout this mistakes have been made and I think the manager would agree however I think some of the circumstances we have found ourselves in outweigh the mistakes.

To be fair S40 I don’t think he was saying it’s the fans fault I think he is having a go at the fans turning on the manager. I can fully understand why people would want him out. There isn’t a clubs fans in world football that wouldn’t be shouting for the managers head in this position.
I think what the poster was having a go at is some of the vitriol the manager is facing from a section of the fan base. Regardless of if you think he has to go or not what the man has done for this club is unbelievable and he deserves more respect than some are giving him.
Some of the messages I’m seeing are quite frankly embarrassing. Saying he didn’t want to keep brooks because he doesn’t like flair players, come on this is ridiculous. I have maintained throughout this mistakes have been made and I think the manager would agree however I think some of the circumstances we have found ourselves in outweigh the mistakes.
Agree, I see no reason for Wilder to leave ATM and that this is his mess to tidy up for the time being. I just get peed off when talk always turns to the fans who over many decades have shown our incredible loyalty and perseverance in the face of the most underwhelming english club post WW2. ⚔️

He was backed by a russian billionaire and they broke spending regulations all the way up.He created a good team playing attacking football all credit to him for that ..where would th ey have been without Russian money.

He got them from the bottom of L2 (on -17 points) to top half of L1 before Maxim Demin invested in the club.

Again you have no idea the players we will have enquired about etc. Wilder could have given them a list and we couldn’t get any of the first choice players he wanted. I’m sure he would love a blank cheque book to go and get anyone he wanted.

Like it or not we are fishing in a much smaller pond to the majority of team in this league. I cannot remember there being much opposition to any of the signings we made at the time.
In Wilder we trust-ed

Oh it's certainly not the fans fault that the team is shit, don't get me wrong.

I'm just pointing out that a sizeable proportion of them are fickle, spiteful cuntoids who waste no time in getting the daggers out as soon as things become less than favourable. Some examples of which I've listed above.

And then they turn into morally outraged pearl-clutchers whenever this gets pointed out.

True, but the problem there is we paid 20 mill for potential because we couldn't compete with the other teams to sign the finished article
spot on and unless were in a position where we can compete salary wise with other premier league clubs we cant survive at this level and at best just be a yo-yo club like a few others

I think he has to be realistic on transfers.

If he's looking at loan players to help this season then he's not being a realist.

If he's picking up a young players from league one, who he thinks can be an asset in the Championship and giving him a taste of the top tier, then I'm far more
Been saying this for a few months as well.
Himself and his players have basically believed the hype.

For people saying change formation. Well if you've been coached to a system for the best part of 3 years. Is it easy to just switch it up and know your role in a new system?
They are professional footballers. It’s like the strictly professional dancers learning new routines - it really isn’t that big a deal

Wilder bought the 3-5-2 idea off the internet for £15 off some Indians who do your homework for money but now they're asking for silly money so we go with what we've got.

Been saying this for a few months as well.
Himself and his players have basically believed the hype.

But for context - the current formation is part of the worst season start in football history. We don’t have to worry too much about undoing any good work.

Our inability to try anything new is my second biggest disappointment this season. Only beaten (dwarfed) by the poor quality of signings we’ve made.

But for context - the current formation is part of the worst season start in football history. We don’t have to worry too much about undoing any good work.

Our inability to try anything new is my second biggest disappointment this season. Only beaten (dwarfed) by the poor quality of signings we’ve made.

Agreed. I do feel that this live and die by the system has totally screwed us over.

It's obvious that we have been worked out and opposition teams know if they press us (particularly out wide) that we will either just play it sideways and backwards and eventually turn over possession or play it central and then again turn over possession.

Is this stubborn approach CW not believing that we have the personnel in to try something different? Or just a bullheaded I won't change it, and that's that?

Were has this innovative coach gone that we were led to believe was in the dugout?

Well he only really signed Lowe and Bogle as squaddies and they would have been more than fine for cover for George or Enda. Doubt they're on massive wages and we genuinely needed the cover, especially at RWB since Kerion Freeman departed.

This is the problem
Signing cover players instead of out and out replacements, many of last seasons first team should be second choice by now, that way we have a better team and a good squad.

It's pointless because they'll never learn, always trying to steal a place at whatever table they're sat at

If I was the board I honestly wouldn’t be spending a penny. Financially we’ve got to get ready for the championship and apart from Bogle he literally wasted so much money on players that are nowhere near it.

Our best players are those that came up with us, we’ve not signed one player that’s improved us this season.
Disagree
Berge, Burke and Brewster are better than what we have/had.
Bogle and Lowe are better squad members than those that came up with us.
Osborne is a general improvement too.
Granted they are all struggling in the Premiership but overall the first team and squad are stronger

I don’t think the club wants
Disagree
Berge, Burke and Brewster are better than what we have/had.
Bogle and Lowe are better squad members than those that came up with us.
Osborne is a general improvement too.
Granted they are all struggling in the Premiership but overall the first team and squad are stronger
i said this season. Burke and Brewster are no better than McGoldrick and McBurnie statistically.

Lowe is absolutely garbage
Bogle is the best of the bunch and will score a few in the championship for us.

I think Brewster / Burke are good long term signings but they haven’t improved immediately us at all. Neither have scored a goal.

I don’t think the club wants

i said this season. Burke and Brewster are no better than McGoldrick and McBurnie statistically.

Lowe is absolutely garbage
Bogle is the best of the bunch and will score a few in the championship for us.

I think Brewster / Burke are good long term signings but they haven’t improved immediately us at all. Neither have scored a goal.

Lowe has appeared garbage, agreed. However, so did Coutts, Basham, JOC etc, after similar amounts of football, at a much lower level.

We trusted his judgment on all signings

That’s what you do with managers. You do realise even the worlds greatest managers have signings that don’t work out. The great sir Alex Ferguson had plenty of duds, difference is he could just go out and sign another player. The risk is so much more for us because we cannot cover our arse with other signings and the players we can get aren’t ready made premier league players.

Back
Top Bottom