Is Wilder Really Going To See This Out?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hasn’t Eddie Howe had a much in fact much is the wrong word massive budget and for Bournemouth relegated. He also signed Ramsdale and made him is number one keeper.
So a couple of things you are berating our manager for Eddie Howe has been much more culpable of. I won’t mention Burnley either.

"Sorry Chris, I'll always cherish the way you picked up a team that was getting shitstomped by the likes of Gillingham and Crewe, then subsequently won that division with 100 points, then took just two seasons to go straight through the Championship, defy the expectations of "experts" (both professional and armchair) to not only survive the Premier League but still have people talking of European football as late as July.
But unfortunately, some of your recent signings haven't been very successful, so if you don't mind, could you kindly fuck off out the back door, and once you've fucked off far enough, maybe go fuck yourself to top it off?"

Our fanbase ladies and gentlemen: Best in the world.

Was he premier league quality this time last year though? How short is your memory? He won LMA manager of the year in 2018 and was runner up in 2019.

It might sound ridiculous to many of you, but I think people need to start thinking of wilder’s reign here as a 15 year reign. He’s creating a legacy here. The ups and downs of that. We should be reflecting after that era of taking us all the way up, having an amazing season in the prem and blowing everyone away (it being the first time he’s ever managed at this level after only having about 3 seasons above league one level in his entire career and only about 7 in league football) followed by a horrendous season and him learning lessons from his own mistakes and using that to take us back up and stabilise and move on to Europe from there. You’ll say ‘but he’s had 50 million quid to spend!!!!11oneone’ because that sounds like a lot of money, when relatively it’s nothing at this level. We’ve got the lowest wage bill of anyone in the league, you’re spoilt by him letting us punch above our weight so much and have come to expect it rather than appreciate it.

This awful season is a blip, a necessary evil in a long and successful reign for Chris wilder at this football club. It’s needed for Wilder to learn the error of his ways and learn from any mistakes he’s made. I’ll admit he’s made some and has been stubborn at times and has frustrated, but progress on the levels we’re talking about takes time.

In terms of wilder pulling the trigger and jumping ship himself, I think that’s equally as unrealistic as saying we should get rid of him. It’s a tailor made fit between us and him. We appoint a pardew or someone similar and take a huge step down. Think about him; where does he go? He goes to a stoke or Birmingham and does this journey all again. No prem team will touch him until he re-establishes us, so it would be equally ill advised for him to leave as it would be for us to fire him in my opinion.

Finally I will say that the vast majority of you need to take a long hard look at yourselves. This time last season, the amount of times I heard ‘he’s god. He could lose every game next season and he’d still be god’. Well, here we are. And what are a lot of you lot doing? Calling for his head. Forgive me for not taking you too seriously now when you’ve proven yourselves for not being men of your word.

Just my opinion, no offence meant.
Great post that Berlin Blade.
Wilder has said more than once! " he would walk if it was best for the Blades" .I beleave him ! .it seems a lot dont !.
We came up setting a budget for relegation ,we got an extra year of premiership money which will hopefully help us to build a team to have a go next season! With Wilder at the helm hopefully.

The Eddie Howe that spent shed loads of money getting Bournemouth promoted
The Eddie Howe that paid some of his players £80k per week and still got relegated

The Eddie Howe that took Brooks for peanuts and made him worth £40m, also took Ramsdale and sold him back to us for £18m.

Yeah I i'd take Eddie.

In the last 18 months, do you think Wilder has shown he has what it takes to succeed at this level? I love the guy for what he’s done, but everything I see the top coaches doing, I don’t see in him unfortunately.
We won’t get another manager who we will see “doing it in the premier league” either.

Wilder had a great year last year, in the premier. If we’d have funded his primary targets, it would be much better this season too.

We don’t spend competitively in the premier league, so it’s difficult to judge.

What I expect we’ll agree on is that when we’ve spent relatively big (on mainly secondary targets), it’s failed badly.

Last edited:
The Eddie Howe that took Brooks for peanuts and made him worth £40m, also took Ramsdale and sold him back to us for £18m.

Yeah I i'd take Eddie.

I will raise you ..... in fact I don’t need to you know the answer don’t you?

We should appoint Eddie Howe because he signed Brooks has to be the best argument to sack a manager and appoint another manager ever. It’s genius.

"Sorry Chris, I'll always cherish the way you picked up a team that was getting shitstomped by the likes of Gillingham and Crewe, then subsequently won that division with 100 points, then took just two seasons to go straight through the Championship, defy the expectations of "experts" (both professional and armchair) to not only survive the Premier League but still have people talking of European football as late as July.
But unfortunately, some of your recent signings haven't been very successful, so if you don't mind, could you kindly fuck off out the back door, and once you've fucked off far enough, maybe go fuck yourself to top it off?"

Our fanbase ladies and gentlemen: Best in the world.

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain"

That's a batman quote about football management.

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain"

That's a batman quote about football management.

Very true, especially in our case.

Every single manager we've had in my lifetime has left the club with the fans instructions to fuck off ringing in their ears.

In my opinion he's fucked up by getting carried away and thinking this season was for us to consolidate our position and bought players for the future instead of now. He got a bit arrogant, carried away and believed the hype.
If he is the man a lot of us think he is, he will learn from this and is the best option to get us out of the championship. I dont think we will come straight back up but we should hopefully be back in a couple of seasons.
If he goes, we have got players who have been bought for one system that basically only cwak play so we could be in division 1 in 2 seasons unless the new guy gets even more money to spend and is able to shift the players he doesnt fancy.
In the main I hope he stays.

So again I will ask you what constitutes a premier league class manager? You do realise to be a premier league class manager you have to have much more than just those things you listed don’t you? Do you believe another manager would have kept this team up? Do you believe another manager would have even got us into the premier league in the first place? Do you think another manager would would have spent 100m and got us being more successful before you answer this one though you have to take into account the current squad and how much more other teams have spent over the last 5 years or so.

So come on who is this elite manager who you think Sheffield United could or should be getting to be a success in the most difficult league in the world.
Why does it have be us to find a better manager? It up to the Board. Maybe that needs strengthen to?

In my opinion he's fucked up by getting carried away and thinking this season was for us to consolidate our position and bought players for the future instead of now. He got a bit arrogant, carried away and believed the hype.
If he is the man a lot of us think he is, he will learn from this and is the best option to get us out of the championship. I dont think we will come straight back up but we should hopefully be back in a couple of seasons.
If he goes, we have got players who have been bought for one system that basically only cwak play so we could be in division 1 in 2 seasons unless the new guy gets even more money to spend and is able to shift the players he doesnt fancy.
In the main I hope he stays.
Some good points especially buying players for NOW, even if we had brought an old experienced prem players just for one season just to keep us up there would have been better, I disagree about coming back up though , I think we will come straight back next season .

I 100% agree with that.

But i'm on this season now.

Are you well Eddie Howe isn’t in a job this season there is a reason why that is.

Come on Bruce surely your only argument to appoint Howe isn’t because he bought a round up and coming player who lord of clubs were looking at? Who could also be argued Wilder saw the potential first. You have go to have more than this?

Why does it have be us to find a better manager? It up to the Board. Maybe that needs strengthen to?

You are quite right it isn’t up to us but surely there must be a glaring obvious name that will take us to the next level? I mean everyone is an expert in how Wilder isn’t the same person and he’s telling them to play in a different way. You would think these people would have a replacement in mind?
Maybe the board actually think like most of us that the best man for the job is actually in the job?

And by selling Brooks he managed to get us promoted with some of the proceeds thus making the club 300m. Think I’ve top trumped you Bruce.
Yes brilliant piece of business. A year later he's worth £30 million. If he had stayed we would have been promoted also and had the basis of a decent attractive side, something to build on.
Rather then spending that money on players with no potential and no resale value.

Past caring now, it's obvious HRH had thrown the towel in and has limply accepted relegation without a fight, so if he doesn't care, why should I?

Wilder should have been sacked ages ago whilst it wasn't too late. Seriously, who keeps a manager that cannot get a react or a performance out of HIS team? They've simply stopped listening to him and some of our better players don't try because they know the club will have to sell them in the summer and they go back to the Premier League.

Gutted, dark times returning
Interested to know who you think will go back to the Premier League out of the current crop!

Yes brilliant piece of business. A year later he's worth £30 million. If he had stayed we would have been promoted also and had the basis of a decent attractive side, something to build on.
Rather then spending that money on players with no potential and no resale value.

You do realise that by selling Brooks it allowed him to bring in the likes of Egan and Norwood? You know the 2 players instrumental in our promotion. I’m sure Brooks is that good he could play centre half or even holding midfield pinging balls all over. Do you think if he could have brought these players in and kept brooks he would have done it! The player also wanted to play in the PL.
I mean come on should I be replying to bollocks like this. Even people who want wilder out can’t argue this being a negative of the manager. I rally despair sometimes at our fan base.

Are you well Eddie Howe isn’t in a job this season there is a reason why that is.

Come on Bruce surely your only argument to appoint Howe isn’t because he bought a round up and coming player who lord of clubs were looking at? Who could also be argued Wilder saw the potential first. You have go to have more than this?

Simply Wilder has blown £130m on basically crap. Today Burke who was only a swap for Robinson looks his best signing.

Without money Wilder did well.

Simply Wilder has blown £130m on basically crap. Today Burke who was only a swap for Robinson looks his best signing.

Without money Wilder did well.

Yet Howe spent even more money and got Bournemouth relegated. Lets go back to the original point do you think we should appoint Howe because he bought brooks?

Yet Howe spent even more money and got Bournemouth relegated. Lets go back to the original point do you think we should appoint Howe because he bought brooks?

No, we should appoint him for taking Bournemouth from nothing to an EPL team for 5 years.

I don't think HRH has chucked the towel in, or just accepted it. He's spent all the prem money on players. That's it. He hasn't got a barrel of it himself.
He's sanctioned 120m of investment and it is either on the treatment table or the bench.

Aside from a striker who is quick but hardly scores, a keeper who has the worst PL clean sheet record and Bogle, whose place in the team is hardly assured.

Not quite the motivation to hand over a blank cheque.

We all need to be realistic. No point wasting cash. Signing need to be long term, if any with a view to reshaping for the Championship.

Back
Top Bottom