Is Nossy a 12 month loan?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If we're going to go down this route again we need to make sure that the loans are for the season and don't have recall clauses.

And any loanees should be quality rather than back up.

Been linked with us in today's Times. It says Sunderland have given us permission to talk to him.

How many time does this have to be covered?
If Sunderland insist on a £500K fee and then we can't afford Nos's wages so the deal will have to be a fee. If Sunderland allow him to leave then we can look to give Nos a signing on fee and cover his wages.

If he's really on anywhere near £23K per week, then surely we should be looking elsewhere?

UTB

If he's really on anywhere near £23K per week, then surely we should be looking elsewhere?

UTB

He is definitely on 23K a week, that doesn't mean that is what he wants from us, but we'd only just be able to pay him half which is quite a lot to expect.
First team football for half your money? That's a pay cut of £500K per year which is why you can see if we can get him on a free it might help the deal as a signing on fee.

Still a good move if it works.

I still think Bartley is by far the better bet. But I think we might end up with both, but on loan.

He is definitely on 23K a week, that doesn't mean that is what he wants from us, but we'd only just be able to pay him half which is quite a lot to expect.
First team football for half your money? That's a pay cut of £500K per year which is why you can see if we can get him on a free it might help the deal as a signing on fee.

Well if he doesn't like it then i'm sure there are loads of other clubs flush with cash that would be willing to pay him more than us. 10k a week is decent wages for a championship defender. It's not our problem that Sunderland signed him when Keane and Quinn didn't give a stuff about balancing the books.

Edit : It was actually McCarthy who signed him...

Well if he doesn't like it then i'm sure there are loads of other clubs flush with cash that would be willing to pay him more than us. 10k a week is decent wages for a championship defender. It's not our problem that Sunderland signed him when Keane and Quinn didn't give a stuff about balancing the books.

Edit : It was actually McCarthy who signed him...

10k a week tht's 5 times more than Ertl. Is he really worth that much as a Champoinship defender?

I thought he looked extremely gaffe prone. But the more I watched him the more he seemed to cope with his style. He looked more prone than he really was and overall I think he's a decent championship defender. But the thought of paying anyone upwards of £10K per week just dosn't sit right these days.

UTB

I thought he looked extremely gaffe prone. But the more I watched him the more he seemed to cope with his style. He looked more prone than he really was and overall I think he's a decent championship defender. But the thought of paying anyone upwards of £10K per week just dosn't sit right these days.

UTB

I'd have him in, he is a good defender at this level and is actually quite quick and strong. But I think what is equally important is that he's a big personality who has won promotion out of this league.

UTB

This covers it all I think.

sunderlands assistant manager said on sky sports news txt that he was in sheffield for talks 2day

Any reason why we didn't buy nosworthy then???

Yes read post 6 on this very thread.

Sunderland wanted a fee, Nos wants a massive wage we can't afford £3 Million for a distinctly average defender.

Back
Top Bottom