Is it the Jeb-End ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FallowfieldBlade

The Names Blade Fallowfield Blade
Reaction score
The vultures are circling ?

Will he sign a new contract or leave on a free?

All those clubs for a player who couldn’t get in the team ahead of sir William 🤷‍♂️

And yet some don’t think he’s good enough.

Gonna be a top player, play him and get him signed up long term because he will be worth a fortune in a couple of years.
And what if he won’t sign?

If we don't mess him around by getting his contract sorted, give him regular game time and not waste our transfer budget on similar aged players from other leagues with the same ability then he'll probably stay.

If we don't mess him around by getting his contract sorted, give him regular game time and not waste our transfer budget on similar aged players from other leagues with the same ability then he'll probably stay.

At the same time, you can understand if he doesn't think he'll get regular game time given the pitiful amount he was getting last season and that he would want to move. If he's not getting even 90 minutes in three dead rubber games at the end of the season, why would he think he'd get more this one coming?

I'm hopeful Jebbo and Osula will mature into very good players.

They're both still very young and not at the level to be regular first choices for us at this point though.

Maybe could have tied Hebbo down earlier I don't know tbh but if he's offered a lot more elsewhere to be not in the first team he'll take it.

These situations aren't exactly new to us despite how frustrating they are.

The transfer embargo has caused us the most damage by not being able to negotiate new contracts before players went into the last year of the their contracts. Otherwise we probably would have had Jebbo's deal tied up months ago
How's that work? We were stopped from registering new players. So the embargo would have had no impact on players we'd already got registered. We could have bought players, just not registered them.

The transfer embargo has caused us the most damage by not being able to negotiate new contracts before players went into the last year of the their contracts. Otherwise we probably would have had Jebbo's deal tied up months ago
To be honest, he should have been offered a longer deal after he came back from Burton. How come almost all our team including the Crown jewels of the club seem to have contracts that expire next summer? Not great planning that is it.

To be honest, he should have been offered a longer deal after he came back from Burton. How come almost all our team including the Crown jewels of the club seem to have contracts that expire next summer? Not great planning that is it.
Terrible planning tbh, but I suppose club and Prince have had an eye on getting out rather than long term planning, we should be offering good deals to the right players, if they want out do a deal to sign them now and sell them on with them getting a large slice of the pie so to speak, can’t help but think we’ve really backed ourselves into a corner but we’re where we are, maybe behind the scenes this is being dealt with, let’s hope

He was down the pecking order for England U20, behind Dane Scarlett who struggled on loan at Portsmouth last season. Jebbison has the physical attributes, but a hell of a lot to learn. Needs to be playing week in week out next season.

Last edited:

I for one am flummoxed as to why all these clubs are wanting him and not sharp 🤷‍♂️

Maybe Fallowfield was right all along

Don’t worry guys no need to apologise

I’m more concerned about Osulas contract anyway

He's not going to sign a new contract. Heard he's wanted to leave for ages, think the loan recalls probably pissed him off. Wouldn't blame him!

Terrible planning tbh, but I suppose club and Prince have had an eye on getting out rather than long term planning, we should be offering good deals to the right players, if they want out do a deal to sign them now and sell them on with them getting a large slice of the pie so to speak, can’t help but think we’ve really backed ourselves into a corner but we’re where we are, maybe behind the scenes this is being dealt with, let’s hope

Screenshot_20230629_200648_Twitter.jpg

Well, if we let players with his kind of promise go ,the words naive and stupid giveaways come to mind,jebbo and Osula should be the future of our club not giving them away for a packet of spangles,they are young kids with fantastic potential and some of our supporters say “get rid now “ or “they aren’t good enough for the premier league “. Strangely enough other bigger clubs who are circling don’t think that. Big mistake if we lose either of them.

Daft to not give this lad a chance in our first games this season.

At worst he’ll get subbed off and it’ll be too soon, at best we potentially increase his fee by tenfold

I would take the money if Hecky isn’t going to feature him much. We only have Anel and Brewster who can leave on a free next year

Back
Top Bottom