Is it the Jeb-End ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Berge, Lowe, Coulibaly and Jebbison should all be sold now

Salvage what we can from a hideous situation. Sure we won't though because we're fucking terrible at selling

The rest either don't have the value to make it worth selling or are likely to sign new deals if offered

Then there's Ndiaye, who's a special case

If we just keep everybody and go down anyway that will be absolutely shocking and we will have wasted this promotion because we'll have to build a whole new squad with the quality spread too thinly

Last edited:
Oh my that’s a fuck up of monumental proportions

Some absolute negligence going on here to end up with that entire bunch walking in 12 months.

It's terrible management by the club, symptomatic of shitty owners only focussed on their own exit strategy, so desperate to sell they've been wasting time on chancers like Mauriss and Dozy.

Things will get toxic if we hit a losing streak next year and these lot don't look keen on signing new deals.

Apparently we have options on most contracts ,so panic over

, maybe the sole reason is they feel Osula and Jebbo are similar so cash in

I don’t agree with selling, I would keep myself personally

And what with it being on Twitter, it must be true.
Twitter isn't the source. Twitter is somewhere information from the source gets posted

It's not hard to believe anyway. Big clubs should be interested, and will be. He's had similar links before..... Dortmund was it, or Bayern? He's a cheap worthwhile punt for these clubs

Twitter isn't the source. Twitter is somewhere information from the source gets posted

It's not hard to believe anyway. Big clubs should be interested, and will be. He's had similar links before..... Dortmund was it, or Bayern? He's a cheap worthwhile punt for these clubs
The spotty kid in the bedroom is much more believable! 👍😂

He was down the pecking order for England U20, behind Dane Scarlett who struggled on loan at Portsmouth last season. Jebbison has the physical attributes, but a hell of a lot to learn. Needs to be playing week in week out next season.
In hindsight it was probably a mistake to cut short his Burton loan

We’re the only place he’ll get PL minutes, I think he’d be poorly advised not to sign a new deal as he’ll get frozen out and waste a year of his development when he can be a premier league player now. For that reason I’d be pretty confident we will tie him down but any potential loan deals will be off the table I imagine.

Some of the links for Jebbo are nuts. Granted, the idea of living in Turin would turn most heads. That Samuel Illing-Junior has actually done well under Allegri in limited minutes. But, surely regular PL minutes with us is more appealing. I also think we may be more dependent on him than we think.

Some of the links for Jebbo are nuts. Granted, the idea of living in Turin would turn most heads. That Samuel Illing-Junior has actually done well under Allegri in limited minutes. But, surely regular PL minutes with us is more appealing. I also think we may be more dependent on him than we think.
But are we going to guarantee him PL minutes? We shouldn’t… let’s be honest despite his excellent potential there is nothing to suggest he is suddenly going to be PL ready come August.

Taking off a Blades hat and just talking objectively about his development he needs regular games and regular goals for a season. A loan to the Champ is (in my view) absolutely in his best interests.

If he moves to a top club they will also loan him out (most likely to the Champ). So the question becomes why stay with us on £X a week when he can move to (let’s say Spurs) and be on £XXX per week and be playing for the same Championship outfit either way.

It's terrible management by the club, symptomatic of shitty owners only focussed on their own exit strategy, so desperate to sell they've been wasting time on chancers like Mauriss and Dozy.

Things will get toxic if we hit a losing streak next year and these lot don't look keen on signing new deals.

This is utterly predictable and has been brought up here over the last two years. If we can see it why can't they. The potential loss of our better youngsters for buttons is horrific. Even if they sign it will now cost a lot more money imo.

Just playing devils advocate here but why is everyone assuming we haven’t offered longer term deals to these and the players have decided the offers aren’t good enough ???

I mean it was generally accepted or at least speculated on here that the club was so bad in debt we would likely go into admin next season or be close to it if we didn’t get promoted, which in itself you can rightly argue is terrible management, but why do people assume we are just letting people walk for free without even trying to keep them

Do sone people really think that the prospect of the odd substitute performance for a struggling Premier League team on a Championship wage is more tempting than a move to a team in the Champions League with the prospect of double the wages and winning trophies?

Just playing devils advocate here but why is everyone assuming we haven’t offered longer term deals to these and the players have decided the offers aren’t good enough ???

I mean it was generally accepted or at least speculated on here that the club was so bad in debt we would likely go into admin next season or be close to it if we didn’t get promoted, which in itself you can rightly argue is terrible management, but why do people assume we are just letting people walk for free without even trying to keep them

A few reasons. Our contract discussion normally make the press. The likes of Osuala and Jebbison discussions haven't. Ndiaye's have, but only some time last season, not the previous year when some people on here were championing the need to get him tied up pronto. There has been no indication publicaly that other young players have turned deals down. These players obviously haven't been sold, which would be a possibility if they were refusing deals - especially when they weren't contributing that much, and we were, as you point out, potless. Our manager also went on record saying that contract renewals had to wait until the nd of the season. I do feel that the financial situation has necessitated putting contract discussions on the back burner as we were clearly pumping every last £ into the first team squad rather than on increased salaries. Given the choice of the two, I feel that it can be argued that the right option was chosen.

A few reasons. Our contract discussion normally make the press. The likes of Osuala and Jebbison discussions haven't. Ndiaye's have, but only some time last season, not the previous year when some people on here were championing the need to get him tied up pronto. There has been no indication publicaly that other young players have turned deals down. These players obviously haven't been sold, which would be a possibility if they were refusing deals - especially when they weren't contributing that much, and we were, as you point out, potless. Our manager also went on record saying that contract renewals had to wait until the nd of the season. I do feel that the financial situation has necessitated putting contract discussions on the back burner as we were clearly pumping every last £ into the first team squad rather than on increased salaries. Given the choice of the two, I feel that it can be argued that the right option was chosen.
Yeh I could have made my post a bit clearer in that I meant once we had achieved promotion and thus had a clearer vision or even possibly drawn a few plans up, started talking down the path once we got very close to securing promotion etc

At the same time, you can understand if he doesn't think he'll get regular game time given the pitiful amount he was getting last season and that he would want to move. If he's not getting even 90 minutes in three dead rubber games at the end of the season, why would he think he'd get more this one coming?
Less minutes than Rhian Brewster across the season. I guess he'd be frustrated by that. I like the look of him and it's frustrating that he's another that's been allowed to run things down to this stage.

The vultures are circling ?

Will he sign a new contract or leave on a free?

All those clubs for a player who couldn’t get in the team ahead of sir William 🤷‍♂️

Some say he’s not good enough for us, yet he attracts attention from these clubs. He should have been given more of a run in the team, he would be established with us now has he been given that. Instead we stuck with the old ‘uns who were coming to the end of their time at United.

Some say he’s not good enough for us, yet he attracts attention from these clubs. He should have been given more of a run in the team, he would be established with us now has he been given that. Instead we stuck with the old ‘uns who were coming to the end of their time at United.
Who got us promotion, unfortunately you cannot have your cake and eat it

Who got us promotion, unfortunately you cannot have your cake and eat it

Who is not to say that Jebbison would have been more productive than Sharp? This is classic "the outcome we had was acceptable, so trying something different could only have been worse", and even if you want to play a lower variance starting XI up until the point where we had secured PL football, it does not condone team selections in the last three games which should clearly have been used for seeing what players who may actually be squad contributors in 23/24 can do.

Who is not to say that Jebbison would have been more productive than Sharp? This is classic "the outcome we had was acceptable, so trying something different could only have been worse", and even if you want to play a lower variance starting XI up until the point where we had secured PL football, it does not condone team selections in the last three games which should clearly have been used for seeing what players who may actually be squad contributors in 23/24 can do.

Sharp was dog awful all last year and the fact he played sharp ahead of Jebbo is more down to heckys management skills imo

I would like to think that come the end of the transfer window, all our attention will turn towards the players already in place and who are out of contract next summer and we should be looking to negotiate new contracts for those we want to keep. This Autumn we should be getting our players tied down to new longer term contracts. But let's get the summer targets in place first.

Tbf to the club we didn't know for certain which league we would be in and with the financial picture being uncertain we weren't really in a position to offer new contracts. Now we are definitely in the PL next season and bills now being paid, we should be in a position to know our budget for the next couple of seasons and contracts offered. PH and Bettis aren't stupid. They will be aware that we need to get a move on later this year with our existing players.

Back
Top Bottom