Injuries

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm absolutely gutted for Rhys. I love him as a player. Fantastic competitor, never shirts a battle, brilliant athlete, loves a challenge, great left foot, and shithouses like a wily old pro.

This is so unfair on him, and we really needed him back. That said, I can't help but feel that we were giving him a notably increasing amount of minutes, too soon.

I'm absolutely gutted for Rhys. I love him as a player. Fantastic competitor, never shirts a battle, brilliant athlete, loves a challenge, great left foot, and shithouses like a wily old pro.

This is so unfair on him, and we really needed him back. That said, I can't help but feel that we were giving him a notably increasing amount of minutes, too soon.

We have barely given him a full 90 minutes yet. At most we gave him 86 mins against Gillingham. The rest of his appearances have been a half of football or less.

Sadly according to Wilder this injury is his other hamstring. :(

We have barely given him a full 90 minutes yet. At most we gave him 86 mins against Gillingham. The rest of his appearances have been a half of football or less.

You'd have put your money on it being the same injury/hamstring so that's gotta be so unlucky the other one!

You'd have put your money on it being the same injury/hamstring so that's gotta be so unlucky the other one!

I was thinking this actually, I can't decide which is worse, injuring the same one, or injuring the other.

What a horrible position for the lad to be in.

Apparently you're more likely to do your ACL in one knee if you've already done it in the other. The same probably applies to hamstrings

Players coming back. From long term. Injury's have all sorts of niggles and break downs let's hope this is one of them

A lot may depend on RND's rehab programme.
You should never just concentrate on the injured leg when doing your strength and stretch training, both need the same programme or you are Isolating one for the other and this is when one side becomes stronger than the other and creates an imbalance.
I can't see this being the case as they ( Physio ) are supposed to know what they are doing but something isn't right.

I can't see this being the case as they ( Physio ) are supposed to know what they are doing
I think the last 4 years have shown that this is not the case!

As for Rhys, I hope it's just a "standard" hamstring injury and nothing like the last one, poor lad

Grbic - Be available next game
Arblaster - Been training a few weeks
Hamer - Dead leg so be fine for 8 days

Injuries we currently have by the looks of it...

Baldock
RND
Basham
Egan
Slimane
Jebbison
McBurnie
BBD

Grbic - Be available next game
Arblaster - Been training a few weeks
Hamer - Dead leg so be fine for 8 days

Injuries we currently have by the looks of it...

Baldock
RND
Basham
Egan
Slimane
Jebbison
McBurnie
BBD

There’s more talent in that list than we’ve had across some entire seasons that I’ve been watching us.

Lowes shot isn't he, stepped on a fucking sprinkler pre season, out months, blocks a routine cross at Luton, there go the ligaments, out months 😞
Thankfully he's out of contract soon 😊

FFS both Lowe and RND done for the season

You couldn’t make it up

You can, the injury issue is a failure of the staff at the club. It's been a problem for going on 3 years now and heads need to roll.

Exacerbated by what Hecky was making them do and now Wilder is trying to get them properly fit but has to manage everyone's game time. Hence why we only see Davies for 20 minutes here and there.

Stop the press! Jebbo back in a few weeks time? I missed this yesterday.

Lowes shot isn't he, stepped on a fucking sprinkler pre season, out months, blocks a routine cross at Luton, there go the ligaments, out months 😞
Thankfully he's out of contract soon 😊
He’s the sort of player in 10 years you’ll scarcely remember played for us.

Simply cannot be playing players like him who are never fit.

Imagine he came on for RND and he’s out himself. It’s laughable really. If it was t so serious.

Anyone who is out of contract in the summer and has not been available for a minimum of 50% of game time this season should be let go. The only exception to this for me would be the young lads I.e. Jebbo. Anyone else, thanks and theres your cards.

If Lowe is OOC in the summer then hopefully we will have seen the last of him. May sound harsh but he will have been paid a small fortune in wages (as will others) since we signed him and he's hardly been available. Absolutely no sense whatsoever in continuing to pay healthy wages to players who are hardly ever available. We are not a charity so time to start to be ruthless and less sentimental.

Back
Top Bottom