Injuries

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blade58

Once a Blade, always a daft ****
Reaction score
I'm starting to think that the current form of the side won't stop us from making the top 6 but fkin injuries will

Didzy's injury looks long term and of course we've lost Brewster. I don't think the squad can afford to lose many more first teamers without it having a detrimental impact on form.

I know the above is stating the obvious, but a week ago injuries hadn't even entered my head, now in the space of a few days it's a worry

We may have to promote some youngsters, just to keep options open. Is anyone near ready??

Perhaps our next investment shouldn’t be players, training grounds….to resolve the concerns and criticism on here we clearly need to be getting one of them crystal balls that most clubs seem to have at their disposal.
Disgrace we haven’t got one in before now, we could avoid buying players who then get injured and prevent moving players who are surplus out once we know for sure we won’t get any injuries after they leave!

We seem to have plenty of hindsight in the club, about time we took action to change this into foresight….they can’t be too expensive….though perhaps a bit more than some used tea leaves….though knowing United we will go the cheap option as usual and go for the leaves!! NGE

Our good run has been achieved with players out injured. Berge, McBurnie, Gibbs-White, Fleck, etc all of whom are fit again. The squad is significantly stronger now than when Hecky started. The players out now shouldn’t cause problems as long as we don’t get too many more.

Have we only got three fit strikers now?

This is where all those COVID cowards like Boro, Hull, QPR get what they want.

And how do you preserve the integrity of the competition the authorities all so loosely refer to?

We would have had both Brewster and McGoldrick available when we should have played these yellow twats.

What recompense is due to our club in the circumstances? "Sorry Chaps, we can't put a team together. We'll play you when Brewster and McGoldrick are fit in July."

No, thought that one wouldn't be available. So why was it ok to bend over backwards to accommodate the others who could blatantly field a team? "We've got 19 cases" bleated Chris. Half of them were staff. Last time I checked the guy who folds the fucking shirts isn't irreplaceable or a showstopper for the game being on. They have a squad of 25-30 and not all the keeper's were out, so why were they not just told to bat on?

Because that's what we'll be told to do. We can't say that we don't have enough strikers so we can't play.

I hope we tonk all of the yellow bastards.

UTB

Very glad we recalled Jebbison now. It was disappointing not to see him on the bench last night but with MGW back available it was inevitable he'd miss out.

But with McGoldrick's injury he'll be back on the bench on Saturday and won't be far away from getting minutes, particularly with McBurnie still recovering and as fit as Sharp is he surely can't be doing 90 minutes for 3 games in a week.

And this is where we see if Jebbo really is the deal.
I have concerns he’s not quite ready.

We’ve gone from allegedly having 6 plus kids….to suddenly 3 plus kids…and one of those 3 is still a kid himself with little actual game experience.

Ndiaye isn’t a striker. So we are now hoping we avoid any more injuries and that McB can suddenly recover form he last showed 2 full years ago….it’s a concern for a side pushing for promotion.
The injury to Brewster is the real kick in the nuts, im convinced he was going to push on this second half, he’d looked very sharp.

I'm starting to think that the current form of the side won't stop us from making the top 6 but fkin injuries will

Didzy's injury looks long term and of course we've lost Brewster. I don't think the squad can afford to lose many more first teamers without it having a detrimental impact on form.

I know the above is stating the obvious, but a week ago injuries hadn't even entered my head, now in the space of a few days it's a worry
Injuries are always a concern.

However, just as quickly as we’ve lost both Brewster and Didsy, we’ve got MGW, McBurnie, Fleck and Berge back.

Norwood, Billy and Bogle hitting form as well

And this is where we see if Jebbo really is the deal.
I have concerns he’s not quite ready.

We’ve gone from allegedly having 6 plus kids….to suddenly 3 plus kids…and one of those 3 is still a kid himself with little actual game experience.

Ndiaye isn’t a striker. So we are now hoping we avoid any more injuries and that McB can suddenly recover form he last showed 2 full years ago….it’s a concern for a side pushing for promotion.
The injury to Brewster is the real kick in the nuts, im convinced he was going to push on this second half, he’d looked very sharp.
We should have brought in a loan striker in January, if Billie gets injured we are foooked

The bigger risk is that because the team are on such a good run, the team wont be changed, the tired tackles will eventually arrive and the injuries/suspensions will be upon us. The interchangeables we can cope with but the undroppables Egan, Bash or Billy will present the biggest problem. We really need to get to a 4-0 lead with 30mins left to give them the rest they will need.

We have sharp, NDiaye, mcburnie and Jebbison fit. Currently that's still enough up top with Mcgoldrick out injured.

We have 15 regular games to go there will probably only be 1 contender to play all minutes of the 15 in Wes however we have enough players for squad rotation and a system that the U23s can easily slot in as like for like players if needed. For us the pressure is off unless you have hope, as in October it was League 1 here we come or 14th would be a good finish. If we get chance to introduce some of the young kids if the play offs are out of reach in the last few games then so be it however for now let's keep the positivity up and see where it takes us.

Back
Top Bottom