CONFIRMED Incoming - Chris Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Heard a fairly reliable bit of news today (from inside the football world) that Chris Wilder will be coming in as the new manager.

Hey!

Chris Wilder is inside the 'football world' !!?!?!?!?

His family live just off ecclesall road which could support the rumour. However, personally I think it's highly unlikely.

There will only be a managerial change if Adkins decided to resign, we don't have the cash to pay him off.

And the day Chris Wilder becomes manager it will be an admission that we have settled for being a lower league club for the next decade.

There will only be a managerial change if Adkins decided to resign, we don't have the cash to pay him off.

And the day Chris Wilder becomes manager it will be an admission that we have settled for being a lower league club for the next decade.
Disagree. Chris Wilder has a lot of attributes needed to be a successful manager. It's often the not so known managers that thrive in this division. He'd be very suited to what we want and what we're trying to achieve, particularly in the summer. I'd be delighted if we got him in, first step is to get rid of Adkins though, which as you mention will probably only happen if he resigns or there's some sort of mutual agreement to part ways. It'd definitely be a step in the right direction.

If this happens and Adkins is pushed out, then that's it. Won't be going again until McCabe and co have fucked off. They'll have to do without the £50 I give them every season....
Yep - because the football is so great under Adkins isn't it? Agree that McCabe and co should go though.

Disagree. Chris Wilder has a lot of attributes needed to be a successful manager. It's often the not so known managers that thrive in this division. He'd be very suited to what we want and what we're trying to achieve, particularly in the summer. I'd be delighted if we got him in, first step is to get rid of Adkins though, which as you mention will probably only happen if he resigns or there's some sort of mutual agreement to part ways. It'd definitely be a step in the right direction.

So we change manager again,paying yet another small fortune in severance pay or whatever you want to call it, CW comes in,he will still have the over bloated squad of spineless twats that show no fight or passion, no other clubs want our players because the majority are shit, so CW or Arsene,Jose,Pep whoever you would want to wish for at our club, will not be able to buy players because the budget as been blown long ago,plus adkins pay off !

So we change manager again,paying yet another small fortune in severance pay or whatever you want to call it, CW comes in,he will still have the over bloated squad of spineless twats that show no fight or passion, no other clubs want our players because the majority are shit, so CW or Arsene,Jose,Pep whoever you would want to wish for at our club, will not be able to buy players because the budget as been blown long ago,plus adkins pay off !
It won't be anything we won't be able to pay. He might even resign but it's not like we've not already wasted a lot of money. Fight and passion are two of CW's strong points, so that can only help in making sure we get in the players with those same attributes. The majority of which as you say, we've been lacking incredibly in.

Having met Chris a few times I like the cut of his cloth. Same with Robert Page when I wanted him to take over. I really like his manner.

I don't think either are doing themselves any harm at the moment.

Not saying I want Adkins to go at this point, but saying he wants to play young hungry fast players next season, but have dad's army this season is bonkers.

Did you like Nigel Clough? didn't even finish off his non league promotion as he left for Derby.

Actually he had two non-league promotions under his belt before he left. I wasn't particularly enthused with his appointment, but probably one of the better candidates around at the time.

Actually he had two non-league promotions under his belt before he left. I wasn't particularly enthused with his appointment, but probably one of the better candidates around at the time.

Although after the disaster of David Wier I would have probably welcomed Adrian Heath back with open arms

..... Aaaaand one non-league promotion in a 14 year managerial career.
You're asking a poster who wrote off a manager with 4 promotions and 2 LOW titles, after 2 weeks, because he wanted to "give the current players a chance". I'd expect him to rate fluff like "grit and determination" very highly.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom