CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Gambling by not selling him and giving us our best chance of survival..

Or sell and get 3 likely lads as mentioned, go down and were fucked anyway.

I'd rather give us the best chance of staying up, and thay involves keeping our best player.
There's like a 95% chance of us getting relegated, with or without him, unless there's suddenly money. We currently have 2 players contracted beyond summer 24. We need to sign players. Desperately. Or we might just be fighting for our lives in the Championship next season.

Those saying sell him for 15-20m....

Gets us Callum Robinson/Burke, Ben Osborn and Luke Freeman.......

So.... do we risk selling and investing well or just keep him. I'd rather keep and enjoy a season.

Or it could also get us several O’Connells, Egans, Ahmedhodzics, Flecks, McGoldricks or Sharps. Most of which were good enough to help us finish 9th. It’s about how you spend it.

We’ll be keeping him anyway so it’s a pointless discussion. You can’t force a player to sign for someone else when he’s got a large signing on bonus waiting for him.

View attachment 161396
Fill your boots if you're that sure
I think Burnley are good odds at 9/4. This Vincent Kompany media love in reminds
me of the Lampard/Gerrard love ins. Hes done a great job getting them up but the premier league is a whole different level and I can see them struggling to score and I doubt they have much of a budget

I think Burnley are good odds at 9/4. This Vincent Kompany media love in reminds
me of the Lampard/Gerrard love ins. Hes done a great job getting them up but the premier league is a whole different level and I can see them struggling to score and I doubt they have much of a budget
I think they'll surprise a fair few teams. They could easily have gone ahead against City in the cup. They will do fine.

It’s a mad line that considering the final score 😂.
They caused City more problems than we did. They had a proper go. It's a cup game. Losing by 3 or 6 is irrelevant. They showed they had players who can cause world class defenders problems. They were also naive but it was a swing and miss. They dominated the division and will invest more. They're easily the team of the promoted 3 who are likely to do the best.

They caused City more problems than we did. They had a proper go. It's a cup game. Losing by 3 or 6 is irrelevant. They showed they had players who can cause world class defenders problems. They were also naive but it was a swing and miss. They dominated the division and will invest more. They're easily the team of the promoted 3 who are likely to do the best.
They lost 6-0

i also think burnley will do ok next season with our budget were nailed on for a relegation battle unless we get new owners in any case i reckon only 2 places will need to be decided i really cant see any other scenario than luton finishing bottom

I’ve seen Brentford at 10/1 somewhere They won’t be far off

When I watch Wendy I can’t help think they are similar to us no plan and they just have better players than there level

Moore and Hecky Both similar and will get found out when the don’t have players who are above the level they are at

Uuuuuu redsssss btw

When I watch Wendy I can’t help think they are similar to us no plan and they just have better players than there level

Moore and Hecky Both similar and will get found out when the don’t have players who are above the level they are at

Uuuuuu redsssss btw
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

If Nixon is right boyhood club Marseille are also in for Ndiaye:

“EVERTON and Marseille look set to battle it out for Sheffield United star liman Ndiaye.

Toffees boss Sean Dyche tried for Ndiaye in the January window and was willing to offer a big sum.

But now the player's deal is running down, the Toffees plan to try their luck at a lower figure.

Dyche expects to trade some of his players to raise cash and badly needs new forwards.

Exciting Senegalese star Ndiaye would be an ideal addition after a breakthrough season with the Blades.

Dyche hopes to sell Jordan Pickford, Demarai Gray, Neal Maupay, Mason Holgate and possibly Amadou Onana to raise cash, and Ndiaye is a priority.

Everton are planning to go to £20million but may struggle to get their man because of the growing interest from Marseille.

Ndiaye, 23, was also not keen on the move last time and is unlikely to change his mind now, according to Bramall Lane sources.

He has a year left on his deal and Blades are happy to have him, with the hope he can keep them up and may yet agree to extend his deal.

However, Ndiaye has a long-term aim to play in French football - with Marseille a dream destination. He was there as a kid for four seasons and it would be the ultimate to return there as a starter.

The French club were planning a move next summer when he would be free but may yet come in with a low offer in this window or the next.

Meanwhile, Sheffield United are offering Jack Robinson a minor rise to stay with them for the Premier League campaign.

The defender is out of contract and can leave for nothing. But the Blades, who are on a tight budget, have made a half-hearted attempt to keep him.”

If Nixon is right boyhood club Marseille are also in for Ndiaye:

“EVERTON and Marseille look set to battle it out for Sheffield United star liman Ndiaye.

Toffees boss Sean Dyche tried for Ndiaye in the January window and was willing to offer a big sum.

But now the player's deal is running down, the Toffees plan to try their luck at a lower figure.

Dyche expects to trade some of his players to raise cash and badly needs new forwards.

Exciting Senegalese star Ndiaye would be an ideal addition after a breakthrough season with the Blades.

Dyche hopes to sell Jordan Pickford, Demarai Gray, Neal Maupay, Mason Holgate and possibly Amadou Onana to raise cash, and Ndiaye is a priority.

Everton are planning to go to £20million but may struggle to get their man because of the growing interest from Marseille.

Ndiaye, 23, was also not keen on the move last time and is unlikely to change his mind now, according to Bramall Lane sources.

He has a year left on his deal and Blades are happy to have him, with the hope he can keep them up and may yet agree to extend his deal.

However, Ndiaye has a long-term aim to play in French football - with Marseille a dream destination. He was there as a kid for four seasons and it would be the ultimate to return there as a starter.

The French club were planning a move next summer when he would be free but may yet come in with a low offer in this window or the next.

Meanwhile, Sheffield United are offering Jack Robinson a minor rise to stay with them for the Premier League campaign.

The defender is out of contract and can leave for nothing. But the Blades, who are on a tight budget, have made a half-hearted attempt to keep him.”
Nixon proving he's full of BS. Everton have no money, they're in big trouble. So they're going to be in a bidding war with... Marseille?

Lazy lazy "content".

Nixon proving he's full of BS. Everton have no money, they're in big trouble. So they're going to be in a bidding war with... Marseille?

Lazy lazy "content".
The idea that United having been promoted would accept less for him now also wild. Yes we have less contractual control but he’s also increased his value in that period.

Why would we look to sell him for £20m at the start of the season. He helps keepmus up he has more than paid that back if he walks out for free in 12 months. If we are marooned at the bottom in January then there is an argument for saying try to sell him for whatever we can get at that point but I would expect him to sit right then until the summer when he's a free agent. So it s £20m gamble this summer but one we should be prepared to take as he's our best chance of staying up this season. Obviously if it went to £30m plus then I can see the logic in money becoming too big, but for £20m...to a potential relegation rival.. fuck off Everton.

I'd rather he stay this season, help us stay up with a brilliant season, and then fair dos if he wants to walk for nothing at the end of the season to go to Marseille. He would go with my blessings then (though obviously I want him to sign a new contract before then).

Also sounds like Jack Robinsons agent might be trying to stir things up to try and attract interest for his client from mother clubs. Up to JR to decide if he wants to take a small increase and play PL football again though. If not, then so be it. Would be a shame but we would move on.

The idea that United having been promoted would accept less for him now also wild. Yes we have less contractual control but he’s also increased his value in that period.

As much as they'd prefer not to sell him (and I'm sure PH is desperate to keep him), I'd be fairly confident Utd will have a figure in mind at which they'll deal.
£20m+ is a lot to forego for a club, even in the Prom, and especially one on Utd's current situation - if that magic figure is indeed offered I wouldn't be surprised if he departed if he (and his reps) are still insistent that they're not prepared to discuss new terms.
The quality of Paul Mitchell's scouting and the team's ability to land targets will be crucial this summer, especially if they have to find a replacement for Ndiaye.
I think Everton is an unlikely destination for him, given he turned them down previously, but there remains the possibility of them making him and offer that's too good to turn down, especially if they manage to raise funds and reduce their wage bill via the departures mentioned in the article.

Why would he move when if he proves himself at premier league level he can ask for 15 million extra in wages? Saving his new club money and making himself insanely well off.

Basically unless a billionaire buys us and we somehow get into Europe via a cup win he's gone whatever. Same with Sander.

I don’t like to defend journalists, but it literally says they are looking to sell players in order to raise money for transfers
TBF it does say that (copied and pasted from a different Everton article). But they're not bidding money like that for Ndiaye or probably anyone. Everton could get a decent fee for Pickford and Onana, and....(?) that's about it. That's not going to plug the enormous gaps in their FFP failings/losses - they can't go and spend it.

The idea of Iliman wanting to transfer to Everton is equally ridiculous.

£20m+ is a lot to forego for a club
This might be the barometer that tells us just where the club is going. In January we kept Berge and Ndiaye against the odds and it paid off. If we are in the doodoo with no buyers near the finish line he’ll probs be off. If there’s good news around the corner he could be starting the season with us. That said if Marseille are in for him it’s like Billy coming home to us.

Why would he move when if he proves himself at premier league level he can ask for 15 million extra in wages? Saving his new club money and making himself insanely well off.

Basically unless a billionaire buys us and we somehow get into Europe via a cup win he's gone whatever. Same with Sander.

A risk based decision for both him and the club as I see it BB. For the player, is he happy to remain on his current, very low salary for the Prem for another season, back himself to perform next season and walk into a fortune at his next club in 12 months' time or will the possibility of serious injury or loss of form (there's no guarantee he'll be a star next season - service to him may be limited, he'll need to convert a much higher percentage of the chances that do come his way, and as demonstrated by how well and easily Walker marked him out of the game at Wembley (apart from that one chance that he should have taken), the standard if defending is much higher) convince him to accept an offer now, which via a signing bonus and massive uplift in salary, would equate to many multiples of what he's currently on?
From the club's perspective, should they take a "£20m gamble" as Weasel states or cash in now? The looming change in ownership may cloud that decision somewhat with HRH perhaps having more of a short term view to give himself the best possible chance of selling them club and also realising the highest possible price for it. The decision may also hinge on the confidence levels of being able to replace him adequately if he does go.
The other consideration from all thst is does it leave room for a compromise I.e. extend with Utd?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom