CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And I think it's worth remembering that he's not going to have anywhere like as much of the ball this season to impress. The chances of him being a much more in demand player are not that high and chances of injury night well increase with the ANC. If his heart is set on Marseilles it might not matter.

Can you imagine Ndiaye in a Dyche team? If he has to go so be it but please somebody tell him he can do better than Everton.

Gray and Maupay from Everton would be brilliant signings but not in any deal for Ndiaye to go there - forget that. He'd reject them anyway

Gray and Maupay from Everton would be brilliant signings but not in any deal for Ndiaye to go there - forget that. He'd reject them anyway

Neither are ideal candidates when trying to rebuild a squad with a strong emphasis on togetherness. Gray has the heart of a mouse and Maupay is just trouble. I couldn't imagine either digging in and giving 100% when the going gets tough next season

Neither are ideal candidates when trying to rebuild a squad with a strong emphasis on togetherness. Gray has the heart of a mouse and Maupay is just trouble. I couldn't imagine either digging in and giving 100% when the going gets tough next season
Maupay is a hard worker who'd fit in well

Gray is the sort of quality that would win us quite a lot of points. We probably need another one like that up top, and any we can get will be flawed in one way or another, much like the last one we had

I think Ndiaye could be pivotal to our survival and his work rate off the ball to make challenges and win the ball back will make a difference next season. He's our wild card that can create moments out of nothing to win us games. I wouldn't sell at all. He's impossible for us to replace.

If he shows any of what we all know he's got he'll be off to a big champions league club next summer having kept us up and cemented himself as one of, if not the best talents to have pulled on our shirt.

I mean… loyalty would be signing a new contract 😉

But I’ll take one more season if that’s all we can get.

I did think that, but contracts is contracts, and if he's willing to see out his deal I'd consider that loyalty in football.

If the club are offering from their side, and not selling against his will to whoever, it's working boths ways for the season.

i also think burnley will do ok next season with our budget were nailed on for a relegation battle unless we get new owners in any case i reckon only 2 places will need to be decided i really cant see any other scenario than luton finishing bottom
Why do people assume Burnley will have some amazing budget compared to ours? I doubt the Americans in charge of them have any more cash than Prince Abdullah in the grand scheme of things. They spent more last year but they were only using the proceeds from successful sales of Pope, Collins, O'Neill plus others.

Had they experienced our October in terms of player unavailability, we'd have finished above them. Look at the first 10 games when both teams had relatively fit squads. We had 23 points and were romping it.

Why do people assume Burnley will have some amazing budget compared to ours? I doubt the Americans in charge of them have any more cash than Prince Abdullah in the grand scheme of things. They spent more last year but they were only using the proceeds from successful sales of Pope, Collins, O'Neill plus others.

Had they experienced our October in terms of player unavailability, we'd have finished above them. Look at the first 10 games when both teams had relatively fit squads. We had 23 points and were romping it.
Think all 3 promoted teams will have similar budgets and transfer strategy

I did think that, but contracts is contracts, and if he's willing to see out his deal I'd consider that loyalty in football.

If the club are offering from their side, and not selling against his will to whoever, it's working boths ways for the season.

I'd like to see him sign a new deal just so it will enable us to get decent money for him. He will be impossible to replace once he goes but it would be nice to get a fair wedge for him.

Sale to Marseilles now for a low fee with a loan back for twelve months may be a reasonable compromise for everyone. Couldn't see it being more than 10mil (otherwise he would just run the contract down), but it could work.

Marseilles ensure their man doesn't go elsewhere and can negotiate lower wages before he's had a season in the premier league.

Illi gets a year in the Prem, long term security (in case of injury), wage increase, and his dream move.

We get a bit of cash now and his services for a year.

Sale to Marseilles now for a low fee with a loan back for twelve months may be a reasonable compromise for everyone. Couldn't see it being more than 10mil (otherwise he would just run the contract down), but it could work.

Marseilles ensure their man doesn't go elsewhere and can negotiate lower wages before he's had a season in the premier league.

Illi gets a year in the Prem, long term security (in case of injury), wage increase, and his dream move.

I can tell you are a powehouse of the business world

Chairman of Marseilles here, WTF?!!

There's literally nothing in this for Marseilles other than giving us £10 million. Even if they sign him on a pre-contract in January, do we even get any compensation as he's not been with us long?

Loyalty would probably not be trying to sell him to Everton.
Who says we are? All rumours isn’t it - and one of those rumours is Ndiaye’s people saying they aren’t even willing to discuss terms of an extension… in that context I don’t think you could call Utd disloyal for exploring their options.

Chairman of Marseilles here, WTF?!!

There's literally nothing in this for Marseilles other than giving us £10 million. Even if they sign him on a pre-contract in January, do we even get any compensation as he's not been with us long?
Nah - there’s a clear gain for Marseilles.

Ndiaye going there is a romantic/sentimental move… that’s fragile particularly with the offers Iliman (and agents) will get if he has even a half-decent season in the top flight.

Paying some money now to secure his services would be money well spent. The only tricky part would be convincing Iliman as this arrangement probably reduces his “free agent” bonus money.

Who says we are? All rumours isn’t it - and one of those rumours is Ndiaye’s people saying they aren’t even willing to discuss terms of an extension… in that context I don’t think you could call Utd disloyal for exploring their options.
on deadline day

I'd like to see him sign a new deal just so it will enable us to get decent money for him. He will be impossible to replace once he goes but it would be nice to get a fair wedge for him.

Agree. We all know that in reality contracts aren't really worth the paper they're written on these days, and the only reason for him to sign one would be so we don't lose him for zilch. Lord knows we need the money.

He'd increase his wage for a year (even if only slightly) and we wouldn't hold out for silly money come next year if he does want to move on. Perhaps that latter part would have to be put into writing somehow by way of a relatively low release clause or some other means.

Keeping him for a year and still going down whilst also losing him for free is quite a realistic (and slightly depressing) scenario. I don't begrudge the lad for doing it the way he is but it's a bit of a bum deal from the club's point of view.

Nah - there’s a clear gain for Marseilles.

Ndiaye going there is a romantic/sentimental move… that’s fragile particularly with the offers Iliman (and agents) will get if he has even a half-decent season in the top flight.

Paying some money now to secure his services would be money well spent. The only tricky part would be convincing Iliman as this arrangement probably reduces his “free agent” bonus money.
I don't really gets this. If reports are true he wants to play for them more than any other club. They can sign him in January. Why pay £10 million now to loan him back to a club where he could get seriously injured? Why not wait a few months?

Just like MGW was “impossible “ to replace ?

Agree. We all know that in reality contracts aren't really worth the paper they're written on these days, and the only reason for him to sign one would be so we don't lose him for zilch. Lord knows we need the money.

He'd increase his wage for a year (even if only slightly) and we wouldn't hold out for silly money come next year if he does want to move on. Perhaps that latter part would have to be put into writing somehow by way of a relatively low release clause or some other means.

Keeping him for a year and still going down whilst also losing him for free is quite a realistic (and slightly depressing) scenario. I don't begrudge the lad for doing it the way he is but it's a bit of a bum deal from the club's point of view.

He gets to pick his club on a free. If he signs a new contract he may as well just put a transfer request in. It means the team or teams he might want to sign for are likely priced out by ones he possibly doesn't. If he puts in a transfer request and sparks a bidding war he is likely to push his wages up anyway. Signing a new contract means he might get stuck with us if he gets injured or suffers a loss in form.

Hi Stegosaurus here

It's a shame we have such a good academy, but teams always have our kegs down for any decent players we produce. Letting them go for two bob and a horseshit sandwich.

Anything less than 20 mil is criminal.

It means the team or teams he might want to sign for are likely priced out by ones he possibly doesn't.
Hi Stegosaurus here

What's to stop him signing a new contract but insisting on a minimum release?

Seems like it'd work for both parties. He keeps his price low so he gets some decent offers. We get some cash from him instead of losing him for nowt.

I mean… loyalty would be signing a new contract 😉

But I’ll take one more season if that’s all we can get.
Measured loyalty will always come with boundaries.
The guy has a right to look to achieve his ambitions and secure the future for himself and his family.
Contracts can be flexible.
With a bit of creativity the player's requirements can be met over the next year, with clauses inserted to satisfy both club and player at the end of the season.
It would seem the reason this is not happening is down to the finances and stability of the club ?

Think we can expect a bid from spurs in the not to distant!

I don't really gets this. If reports are true he wants to play for them more than any other club. They can sign him in January. Why pay £10 million now to loan him back to a club where he could get seriously injured? Why not wait a few months?
The longer they wait to secure his signature the less likely they are to get it - this could well be a breakout season for him whereby he becomes too good to ever play for Marseilles despite his attachments (like Kyle Walker and us).

The loan arrangement serves them because it may be the only way we are willing to part with him now.

Back
Top Bottom