CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hi Stegosaurus here

What's to stop him signing a new contract but insisting on a minimum release?

Seems like it'd work for both parties. He keeps his price low so he gets some decent offers. We get some cash from him instead of losing him for nowt.
is the minimum release free to £10 million? Not sure how this benefits the club. We'd be paying him an extra £1-1.5 million a year, million signing on fee, £500k for his agent. To leave for less than we'd get by selling him now.

The longer they wait to secure his signature the less likely they are to get it - this could well be a breakout season for him whereby he becomes too good to ever play for Marseilles despite his attachments (like Kyle Walker and us).

The loan arrangement serves them because it may be the only way we are willing to part with him now.
I see your point but I doubt any team would look at it as a good deal for a player who would be in their first team.

is the minimum release free to £10 million? Not sure how this benefits the club. We'd be paying him an extra £1-1.5 million a year, million signing on fee, £500k for his agent. To leave for less than we'd get by selling him now.
Hi Stegosaurus here,

Would we really get more than 10 million for him now? With his contract running out. Maybe we could squeeze them for 15 million, but I don't think we'd get 20. Especially since the other teams know the prince is potless.

Just like MGW was “impossible “ to replace ?
Good point i was in that camp too but does lightening really strike twice ?? This is the Blades we ain't that lucky.. will be a massive loss aside of the undoubted quality his workrate is phenomenal.. UTB

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Would we really get more than 10 million for him now? With his contract running out. Maybe we could squeeze them for 15 million, but I don't think we'd get 20. Especially since the other teams know the prince is potless.
I reckon so. How much more is another question. If teams have money and think he can help them be successful I don't think they'd wait. Especially if they thought he'd have a good season and therefore push his value up and be in competition for his signature with a lot more clubs.

He would be a fool to sign any deal, he has the perfect situation right now

I don’t blame him one bit either

He would be a fool to sign any deal, he has the perfect situation right now

I don’t blame him one bit either
Unless he does his ACL or ruptures his achilles against Palace of course.

He doesn't (yet) have millions in the bank so it really is a question of stick or twist for him. He could quite easily push for a £20m move now of which he'd receive a cut plus a £60k/week wage. Alternatively, it could go lots of different ways if he stays at Utd - from being a revelation, playing well and scoring regularly, to looking out of his league and hardly scoring. He's obviously backing himself to do well and walk into a fortune in 12 months' time.

Unless he does his ACL or ruptures his achilles against Palace of course.

He doesn't (yet) have millions in the bank so it really is a question of stick or twist for him. He could quite easily push for a £20m move now of which he'd receive a cut plus a £60k/week wage. Alternatively, it could go lots of different ways if he stays at Utd - from being a revelation, playing well and scoring regularly, to looking out of his league and hardly scoring. He's obviously backing himself to do well and walk into a fortune in 12 months' time.
You can’t play through fear of injury though and he isn’t going to get the wages here, probably only Luton can pay less

Even with injury on a free someone likely to give him a shot, well worth risk rather than tie yourself to a low wage and option for club to sell you to someone else

You can’t play through fear of injury though and he isn’t going to get the wages here, probably only Luton can pay less

Even with injury on a free someone likely to give him a shot, well worth risk rather than tie yourself to a low wage and option for club to sell you to someone else

Well it probably depends on how much Utd would be prepared to pay too reward their best player and also protect their asset.

I would expect it to be more that most people would imagine and certainly wouldn't be an amount that would be classes as low.

Well it probably depends on how much Utd would be prepared to pay too reward their best player and also protect their asset.

I would expect it to be more that most people would imagine and certainly wouldn't be an amount that would be classes as low.
Yeh good luck with offering way over what anyone else is getting

I mean it would be easily the highest at club but imagine how much of whatever money we do have just to reach that level, and we still likely can’t compete with 18 other clubs

I do love that lad though. Not only is he sublime with his ability, he is so hard working and he plays with a smile on his face.

No one is perfect, but as a SUFC player is is pretty much the full package. Enjoy him whilst he's here.

I also think he will have a cracking season with us next season too and show the PL and the 'expert PL commentators (who know fuck all about the lad really atm), just how good he is (they'll all pretend that they have followed his progression for a long time....yawn).

The longer they wait to secure his signature the less likely they are to get it - this could well be a breakout season for him whereby he becomes too good to ever play for Marseilles despite his attachments (like Kyle Walker and us).

The loan arrangement serves them because it may be the only way we are willing to part with him now.
brownblade (and others) are no doubt correct that the most likely outcome right now is Illi just plays out his contract and we lose him for nothing in twelve months. However, we should be looking at creative options to mitigate this. I still believe a sale and loan back could possibly work for all parties. It may be less than 10mil (just plucked a figure out my backside), but even a couple of mil would make it worthwhile to us (so long as we get to keep him this year).

The benefit over a sale now is we get to keep our best player and watch him for another year. If he just plays out his contract we get nothing back. I am all for a contract with a low release clause in twelve months (or anything else that keeps Illi here next season and gives us some cash when he does move on).

brownblade (and others) are no doubt correct that the most likely outcome right now is Illi just plays out his contract and we lose him for nothing in twelve months. However, we should be looking at creative options to mitigate this. I still believe a sale and loan back could possibly work for all parties. It may be less than 10mil (just plucked a figure out my backside), but even a couple of mil would make it worthwhile to us (so long as we get to keep him this year).
Why would anyone pay any fee for him only to loan him back for the season though?

The benefit over a sale now is we get to keep our best player and watch him for another year. If he just plays out his contract we get nothing back. I am all for a contract with a low release clause in twelve months (or anything else that keeps Illi here next season and gives us some cash when he does move on).
I just don't see why he'd sign a contract.

Why would anyone pay any fee for him only to loan him back for the season though?
There are three reasons I can think of why Marseilles may benefit from a buy and loan back off the top of my head: 1. Secure him for the following three to four years, 2. Avoid being priced out (wages wise) next year if he has a great season. And 3. To increase the player's value from having a year in the PL. It's happened plenty of times before (with other clubs). I'm not saying they (or Illi) would definitely be keen, just that it's something worth considering.

I just don't see why he'd sign a contract.
I agree playing out his current contract looks like the most likely scenario. However, a few reasons he could be swayed are higher money now, some longer term security if he gets seriously injured (a la JOC) or flops in the PL (unlikely, but next season we won't be doing as much attacking). That's surely worth something, but whether there are terms that would be agreeable to both Illi and the club is another matter.

Just looking at the prize money for position we end up finishing in league and if keeping him potentially gets us to 15th instead of bottom it's worth an extra £11 million.
Screenshot_20230618_233307_Chrome.jpg

Give him 100k a week.

3 year contract with a relegation release clause of 15 million.

He won’t sign a new contract
He won’t go to Everton
Next…

He’d get that as a free transfer, but also a substantial part of the £15m as a signing on fee.
He would lose out on earning £100k a week this year though which would probably equate to the signing on fee

He’d get that as a free transfer, but also a substantial part of the £15m as a signing on fee.
I see people saying a lot of things about signing on fees, wages etc. It's true he might get more as a free transfer, but it's also worth considering that even regular transfers involve player signing on fees.

Very important to remember that many Prem clubs aren't exactly struggling or tight with money, so they're very generous with signing on fees and wages - let's say he went to Villa, Newcastle or Spurs for a £10mill release clause next summer... He'll be made VERY rich by them.

In the mean time we can make him pretty rich in the season he's "seeing out his contract", e.g. payrise to £50k a week for 12 months.

NOTE: I've done no significant maths here, it's just a reminder he will be rich however he moves, bosman or even £40mill full fat transfer club to club.

Not sure if anyone has already asked this but was there a reason why he didn’t play for Senegal 🇸🇳 the other day ???

I see people saying a lot of things about signing on fees, wages etc. It's true he might get more as a free transfer, but it's also worth considering that even regular transfers involve player signing on fees.

Very important to remember that many Prem clubs aren't exactly struggling or tight with money, so they're very generous with signing on fees and wages - let's say he went to Villa, Newcastle or Spurs for a £10mill release clause next summer... He'll be made VERY rich by them.

In the mean time we can make him pretty rich in the season he's "seeing out his contract", e.g. payrise to £50k a week for 12 months.

NOTE: I've done no significant maths here, it's just a reminder he will be rich however he moves, bosman or even £40mill full fat transfer club to club.
Signing on fees are massively higher for Bosmans. He would walk away from a lot of money by leaving this summer.

Back
Top Bottom