CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What's that even mean? Is that meant to be said positively, negatively?

FWIW I do actually think he knows fuck all. But likes to make it sound like he does.

He was replying to this bit:

I've never understood how clubs are allowed to speak to contracted players before they have reached an agreement with their club. It's classed as tampering in other sports with large fines handed out.

I've never understood how clubs are allowed to speak to contracted players before they have reached an agreement with their club. It's classed as tampering in other sports with large fines handed out.

I don't think anything was really done since the Ashley Cole trapping up saga. If anything its just got worse since.

Arteta pretty much ringing up Ramsdale before Arsenal even talked to us.

Talking to agents I suspect rather than directly we do exactly the same. It's acceptable in the game now.

Ndiaye would be way better off giving us one more year and winding his contract down. Then he can pocket a signing on fee or higher wages next summer. If he has a good season with us, I think he'll attract attention from Champions League teams higher up the food chain than Marseille. But, if he's adament he wants to play for them, that's still an option open to him.
The biggest gamble would be for United. If he stays and helps to keep us up, then happy days - survival's worth more to us than the derisory offers being rumoured from OM. Would also give us plenty of time to sound out a replacement. If we go down, then we'll have gambled and lost out on a few £mil.
What would be interesting is if other teams outbid Marseille - United would have to accept any higher offer in preference to OM's and could create a nasty situation between player's wishes and the club's best interests.

Sentiment aside OM aren't really a draw beyond the CL qualifiers and the battering they'll likely take in the group stage - if they get there.It's not much different to Rangers or Celtic: big fish, small pond.

Last season they beat Sporting home and away (this being the same Sporting that knocked Arsenal out of Europe), lost to Frankfurt by the odd goal, held Spurs at Spurs for 75 minutes before conceding twice late, and only lost at home to Spurs in the fifth minute of injury time. Hardly a battering at any stage. Would they get hammered by the likes of Man City? Sure, but there's only one or two teams in the world that shouldn't.

Sentiment aside OM aren't really a draw beyond the CL qualifiers and the battering they'll likely take in the group stage - if they get there.It's not much different to Rangers or Celtic: big fish, small pond. The Everton deal was more attractive given the stadium move, billionaire ownership and the PL stage. If he tore it up there he'd now be looking at a bigger move.The only card we have is the stage we can give him for one season. Ndiaye wouldn't really prove much if he went to OM and became their best player, particularly given his stated ambition of becoming the best player in the world in the eyes of the wider world. Mbappe has won zero Ballon D'ors in France. Marseille isn't a huge stage unless they reach the latter stages of the CL.
I really don't understand why people keep saying OM aren't a big draw.

France is a hugely important country, one of the biggest in Europe. OM are one of the best teams in France. Ndiaye is French. Of course they're a big draw. Living in an exciting multicultural city, speaking your own language etc etc.

A lot of people not quite grasping that people who aren't British or living here might have different opinions of their home leagues.

Fabrizio Romano now reporting that "Olympique Marseille and Sheffield Utd are now prepared to negotiate for Iliman Ndiaye"

Well, yeah - that's how a transfer works. No wonder he got so famous with insight like that

Debating the rights and wrongs for him and his career is an important consideration, but not many have considered he has a wife and a young family. I'm sure she's got a view on continuing to live in Sheffield or the French riviera.

Debating the rights and wrongs for him and his career is an important consideration, but not many have considered he has a wife and a young family. I'm sure she's got a view on continuing to live in Sheffield or the French riviera.
Think his wife is Romanian so probably doesn't particularly mind moving countries as it is

Well yeah. People could say he'd leave for nothing, but I reckon he played a huge part in gaining the club £170m. The fella owes us nothing.

Well yeah. People could say he'd leave for nothing, but I reckon he played a huge part in gaining the club £170m. The fella owes us nothing.
In my opinion as an employee of Sheffield United F.c.,he owes us a seasons work as per contract.I agree that he did help us to be promoted,as well as Doyle and Macatee but a contract should be honoured in an ideal world.

In my opinion as an employee of Sheffield United F.c.,he owes us a seasons work as per contract.I agree that he did help us to be promoted,as well as Doyle and Macatee but a contract should be honoured in an ideal world.
It will be, he stays or they stump up the dosh, simples.

Just seems more and more likely he is now going from the rumour side of things.

I'm not ready to see him go personally. Feel like 2 seasons isn't enough but that's what it is and to a part as a club I feel we only have ourselves to blame.
Wish him well to be honest and he's going to go and have a great career. Sadly that'l be it though for him in a blades shirt at least for many more years more than likely ever.

If we get the rumoured 20m then surely we need to be looking at as good a replacement we can find on a perm.
No doubt about it though we will be a weaker outfit without him and it will make Heckys task that bit bigger.

Fabrizio Romano now reporting that "Olympique Marseille and Sheffield Utd are now prepared to negotiate for Iliman Ndiaye"

Well, yeah - that's how a transfer works. No wonder he got so famous with insight like that
Also personal terms almost agreed?? Other day he said personal terms all agreed??

£20m please, if not no thanks. If Coventry can negotiate a £20m fee from Sporting for a 24 year old with one year left on contract then we should be looking for at least that. I totally get that Ili wants to mover there, but we can't be underselling a crucial asset, who let's be reyt, we all know we can't replace, then I'd expect £20m, unless there any of their players we want in exchange and can't see many wanting to join us from them.

£20m please, if not no thanks. If Coventry can negotiate a £20m fee from Sporting for a 24 year old with one year left on contract then we should be looking for at least that. I totally get that Ili wants to mover there, but we can't be underselling a crucial asset, who let's be reyt, we all know we can't replace, then I'd expect £20m, unless there any of their players we want in exchange and can't see many wanting to join us from them.
Why cannot we replace him ?
MGW arrived with no great excitement on here and IN was hardly outstanding in the previous season.
If sufficient money is paid and mainly reinvested the squad as a whole may be better.
We all know what talent he has, but it is not tested at PL level, so let’s not go overboard on how good he is or how disastrous would be his leaving.
Having said that I do want to see how good he could be with us in the PL

Why cannot we replace him ?
MGW arrived with no great excitement on here and IN was hardly outstanding in the previous season.
If sufficient money is paid and mainly reinvested the squad as a whole may be better.
We all know what talent he has, but it is not tested at PL level, so let’s not go overboard on how good he is or how disastrous would be his leaving.
Having said that I do want to see how good he could be with us in the PL
Good point tbf. Ndiaye couldn't stay on the pitch for more that 60 mins without blowing out his arse 12 months ago. Theres no guarantee he'd excel in the premier league (although he is effin good). 20m would be an ok sale for a seasons worth of magic. Like the Dai Brooks sale, its a fair price for what hes achieved so far.

He'll be very hard to individually like for like to replace. Dare I say impossible. But two or three top international prospects? That could leave us stronger than this time next year where he goes for a free.

So we've gone from the French press insisting its a done deal to the Clubs supposedly sitting down to discuss the transfer. So much for the so called ITK's. It took 5 weeks to negotiate the Ramsdale transfer. Anyone thinking this will happen overnight needs to think again. If as a club we have decided to enter into negotiations then there will be a whole host of issues to consider.

Firstly the fee. If we are looking for £20 million thats 23.34 million euros for any french journalist lurkers then it will not simply be a case of agreeing this figure. The structure of payments will be crucial. We may insist on the majority of the fee being paid up front rather than across the whole life of the contract. Then there is the question of add ons. Is it £20 mill plus add ons such as appearances, international caps and goals scored in the future adding to the £20 million fee. Then there is the crucial matter of the sell on clause. OM will be looking to keep this as low as possible as they look to sell on Ndiaye in the next few years for probably double what they paid. We will look to maximise this clause in the region of 25-30%.

Depending on how the negotiations go if OM are low balling us we may look to play the long game to allow for the fact other clubs may become interested if Ndiaye has a good start to the season leading to an auction.

All in all a lot of water to flow under the bridge if the Clubs starting position is they don't wish to sell him this window as has been suggested.

Back
Top Bottom