CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I do get irked by the bosman ruling at times like this. Does leave clubs powerless when they have a talent and can't get them to sign a new deal.

I know what you mean but

Didn’t hurt with fleck, Duffy and enda though did it?

Illi, you are obviously watching this forum :D so...

You have 2 choices:

1. Sign an extension and go to OM next summer.
2. Don't sign an extension and go to OM next summer.

Now pick one FFS 🤣

I do get irked by the bosman ruling at times like this. Does leave clubs powerless when they have a talent and can't get them to sign a new deal.
Maybe we should've offered him an extended contract after his first season playing for us and not start negotiating as he's about to enter the last year. It's piss poor management by the club. Berge was never going to sign a new deal as he's had his international manager in his ear, but Ndiaye we could have tied down sooner. We'd inevitably have sold him anyway but got a much better fee for him. I'm not saying £17mil is bad as it's good for a player we're going to lose for free in the summer, IF, we sell him, but we could have had more control.

Maybe we should've offered him an extended contract after his first season playing for us and not start negotiating as he's about to enter the last year. It's piss poor management by the club. Berge was never going to sign a new deal as he's had his international manager in his ear, but Ndiaye we could have tied down sooner. We'd inevitably have sold him anyway but got a much better fee for him. I'm not saying £17mil is bad as it's good for a player we're going to lose for free in the summer, IF, we sell him, but we could have had more control.
We don't know what the club tried to do or didn't. We don't know what his agent demanded or refused. It's very easy with hindsight to say what you've said. At that point we had no idea he would explode and be worth a lot of money.

Aye, accounts like this (you wouldn't be surprised to know I thought you were this Twitter account for the longest time!)
View attachment 164679
"An agreement is close to being found"

Marseille... "€6m, oui?"
United... "£20m with add-ons."
Marseille... "€8m?"
Marseille... "€10m?"
and so on. Probably getting closer but we'll have our price and they'll have to meet it.

If he want6s to leave he'll leave, if he wants to stay he'll stay,
and all this hot air won't make one bit of difference .......
Exactly, and it's not the case of "bollocks to him, dunt wanna be a Blade" etc etc. He's probably got family over in Marseille, or a quick hop over the Med. He's wife might be in the same situation - it could be family ties pulling him (if he does want to go).

"An agreement is close to being found"

Marseille... "€6m, oui?"
Marseille... "€8m?"
Marseille... "€10m?"
and so on. Probably getting closer but we'll have our price and they'll have to meet it.
Listen closely,Frogsleg eating nob head,20 million with add-ons,capiche?

Exactly, and it's not the case of "bollocks to him, dunt wanna be a Blade" etc etc. He's probably got family over in Marseille, or a quick hop over the Med. He's wife might be in the same situation - it could be family ties pulling him (if he does want to go).
In the final analysis,he has a contract with 12 months to run,make him honour it.

Not ITK, however I was talking to a mate who casually dropped out Ndiaye had recently moved into a huge house a few doors away from him at Bradway, with big private gates. Yes I’m clutching at whatever scraps of straws I can, but that must be a sign, surely
Yep that's probably his up north English one .... and he's looking for one in sarf of France too?!

Someone said they have seen his missus selling all their clobber on FB Marketplace but I can't find it! Could be done and dusted today.

Be sad to not see him not turn out in Prem but if he wants the move and the money is right, can't begrudge him.
Can't take too much from that. They just had another child didn't they? Might be moving to a bigger house...

Glass half full here 🫣

Sentiment aside OM aren't really a draw beyond the CL qualifiers and the battering they'll likely take in the group stage - if they get there.It's not much different to Rangers or Celtic: big fish, small pond. The Everton deal was more attractive given the stadium move, billionaire ownership and the PL stage. If he tore it up there he'd now be looking at a bigger move.The only card we have is the stage we can give him for one season. Ndiaye wouldn't really prove much if he went to OM and became their best player, particularly given his stated ambition of becoming the best player in the world in the eyes of the wider world. Mbappe has won zero Ballon D'ors in France. Marseille isn't a huge stage unless they reach the latter stages of the CL.

Clearly means they only thing that can change is Illy signing the contract we've offered, because all other rumours are boring more than that. Rumours. No contact made between United and OM so nothing to wait for

Back
Top Bottom