CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If they've paid £20m, we need to use it all on a good striker, not sure Maupay is the answer

From an OM point of view - a huge outlay in fee doesn’t make sense

sign him for free next year (January pre contract) if his heart is set on going there

From our POV only a massive fee makes sense because we need the fund to replace him and we need him to try and stay up.

Let's not forget he also gets to live on the French Riviera, which trumps wherever he'd end up in England, especially when he's from France.

This move would tick just about every box possible for him and his family.

Having said that, the move will more than likely still be an option at the end of this season so there will be a big part of him that wants to see his contract out on the biggest stage and take more money in a year's time.
French Riviera becoming too hot to live in let alone play sport !!

True, but aren't there only 4 or 5 players that have been a part of it?
Yup… but normally you would think a club puts their star player in the new kit in front of the cameras for sales purposes?

Can't be that much bigger if your not just chucking random stuff in a spare bedroom/kids room!
Every time I've had to move house it's all been chucked in the garage.

Been in my present house for over 18yrs and there's still boxes in the garage that haven't been opened 🤣

Gone through denial to Bargaining on the 7 stages of grief. 20 million to spend at the premier league could get us 3 decent overseas players who could improve us over the next three years rather than losing a top player for free after just going down

My prediction - He leave's for 17m and we replace him with Maupay.
I’m not buying the French tactics,17 million is derisory,
adding another 10 million might prick up the princes ears..
Maupay would be another disaster.
We’ll see.

I’m not buying the French tactics,17 million is derisory,
adding another 10 million might prick up the princes ears..
Maupay would be another disaster.
We’ll see.
I don’t know how much money French teams have (outside of PSG being bankrolled by Qatar), but if we really wanted to keep him, you’d think we could fairly easily price Marseille out with an asking price of £25m…

Or maybe not, I don’t know, but I don’t imagine they’ve got loads and loads to spend

Of course if we really wanted to keep him then we’d just not sell for any price but without him signing a new contract then we’re not in a great negotiating position

I don’t know how much money French teams have (outside of PSG being bankrolled by Qatar), but if we really wanted to keep him, you’d think we could fairly easily price Marseille out with an asking price of £25m…

Or maybe not, I don’t know, but I don’t imagine they’ve got loads and loads to spend

Of course if we really wanted to keep him then we’d just not sell for any price but without him signing a new contract then we’re not in a great negotiating position

I expect since we want to buy new players we would demand most of the fee up front along with a tidy sell on clause. We don't want a few million now and the rest over 5 years.

Apparently according to a few Marseille related Twitter accounts, they think a deal has been struck and he'll potentially be arriving over the weekend

No figures quoted or anything, and nothing that screams "reliable" but you never know

He is and I agree that is a positive but he’s also not as flexible as others are and can be slow to react. I’m thinking in particular that poor period we had after the World Cup this season which could have cost us. Irrespective of that, I’m not convinced he’ll have players at his disposal of the right calibre to have multiple options and be that flexible.

I think Illy is core to Hecky’s team and he building around him. He’ll be starting from scratch if he goes. You can see his concern in the interviews about keeping the squad together and talking about how we don’t have the budget. Losing illy for a cut price turns a gap into a chasm.

Would love to see that for Jebbo but in order to have that he will need chances and creativity around him. We’re already in dire need of that. Without illy, McAtee and Doyle… I don’t know where that comes from.. I can’t see how we have the budget to find it either…
The thing is Illy wants to leave. There’s no point us crying about it, those are the facts. Yes it will be hard to make us stronger but in my opinion it’s very doable. There are some good players knocking around and I’ve got massive faith in Hecky and his team to get us firing. Yes, ultimately it might not be enough in the long run but I’ve got a feeling we’re going to surprise a few people next season, many of our own fans included.

I'm not upset, I'm disappointed.

Apparently according to a few Marseille related Twitter accounts, they think a deal has been struck and he'll potentially be arriving over the weekend

No figures quoted or anything, and nothing that screams "reliable" but you never know

A lot of fan accounts.

Not ITK, however I was talking to a mate who casually dropped out Ndiaye had recently moved into a huge house a few doors away from him at Bradway, with big private gates. Yes I’m clutching at whatever scraps of straws I can, but that must be a sign, surely
Well his current or old house isn't far away if that's the case.
Did this mate say if it was a rental or a purchase?

Gone through denial to Bargaining on the 7 stages of grief. 20 million to spend at the premier league could get us 3 decent overseas players who could improve us over the next three years rather than losing a top player for free after just going down

Oh I'm in full on depression stage. I wanted to see him try his hand at the big league with us. Plus, we'll have no game plan without him and will be woefully uncompetitive.

I do get irked by the bosman ruling at times like this. Does leave clubs powerless when they have a talent and can't get them to sign a new deal.

Oh I'm in full on depression stage. I wanted to see him try his hand at the big league with us. Plus, we'll have no game plan without him and will be woefully uncompetitive.
I'm sure we can create a game plan if he leaves.

But I refuse to believe he's leaving and will be gutted if he does.

Back
Top Bottom