CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ah well, what goes around comes around. :)

Ultimately though been a move that’s benefited none of the 3 parties involved so far.

We would have had a much more enjoyable season if he’d stayed and maybe even still be in with a shout of survival. Instead him leaving put a bomb under any semblance of a plan for pre season and we frittered away the money received on absolute shite.

That said it will likely work out best for his career this anyway, can see a Fulham or a Palace picking him up and a few good years at PL level rather than struggling at Marseille and all the baggage that comes with that.

Ah well, what goes around comes around. :)

Ultimately though been a move that’s benefited none of the 3 parties involved so far.

We would have had a much more enjoyable season if he’d stayed and maybe even still be in with a shout of survival. Instead him leaving put a bomb under any semblance of a plan for pre season and we frittered away the money received on absolute shite.

That said it will likely work out best for his career this anyway, can see a Fulham or a Palace picking him up and a few good years at PL level rather than struggling at Marseille and all the baggage that comes with that.

I don't think he would have made a difference tbh. Last years defence was much much stronger and in a weaker league so we saw alot of possession and had the freedom to attack how we wanted.

He had a brilliant season with us along with players like Anel. However Anel could not make the step up to the Premier League and with the performances for Marseille mirroring Anel maybe he wouldn’t have been able to make the step up either. We will never know

I don't think he would have made a difference tbh. Last years defence was much much stronger and in a weaker league so we saw alot of possession and had the freedom to attack how we wanted.
Put him in the current team and I agree, however I think the summer recruitment would have been a little more considered and preparations in general a bit stronger had he stayed. Injuries not withstanding.

Also the double departure of him and Sander was, and still is part of the reason Morale is on the floor.

May not have stayed up, but think we’d at the very least still be in the mix instead of the rancid pile of shite this season has been.

Last edited:
Put him in the current team and I agree, however I think the summer recruitment would have been a little more considered and preparations in general a bit stronger had he stayed. Injuries not withstanding.

Also the double departure of him and Sander was, and still is part of the reason Morale is on the floor.

May not have stayed up, but think we’d at the very least still be in the mix instead of the rancid pile of shite this season has been.
This...
I remember listening to Heckingbottom on Football Heaven at the start of the season saying something along the lines of how down the team was. Really stood out as a red flag and so it proved. Interesting that he made it public too.

1st season in the big time and he’s starting in the semi finals of the Europa League. He must be devastated how badly it’s all going. 😉

I get what you’re saying. But the player I saw last season was head and shoulders the best we’ve had in years. I’ve only felt it before with Walker. But I thought he’d be destined for big big things. A season with us in the PL, a big money move to a top 4 and then god knows.

The move to Marseille, who are a big club, was clouded in sentiment. His heart ruled his head. Like any good player he needs consistency and routine. He’s not getting that there.

That’s my gripe. He should be leaving us this summer for a lot of money, but he’s going to have to start again to build his reputation back up.

I take no pleasure in seeing Iliman struggle.

He’s the most enjoyable player I can recall watching, certainly in recent times.

I do however delight in seeing those twatish fans at Marseille get absolutely no change out of him whatsoever.

Couldn’t happen to a nicer set of branleurs…

Knowing our luck it would have been the sale of Berge that paid for Souza and we wouldn't have got Hamer!

1st season in the big time and he’s starting in the semi finals of the Europa League. He must be devastated how badly it’s all going. 😉
Gutted at not being a part of our record breaking season and misses shirecliffe and the surrounding areas. That’s what I’m hearing.

The bitterness in our support is incredible. MGW, Ndiaye and Berge all hated by a section of our fans for bettering themselves.

Abdullah says he personally spoke to Ndiaye before he left, I imagine once he’d outlined his vision for how we were going about tackling the PL Illi just thought “fuck this I’m leaving”.

I can’t imagine:

“Well Illi, I’m signing Beni Traore and Ben Slimane, then Leicester’s 3rd choice left back is a target and I’m selling Sander to Burnley”

Hard choice.

The bitterness in our support is incredible. MGW, Ndiaye and Berge all hated by a section of our fans for bettering themselves.

Abdullah says he personally spoke to Ndiaye before he left, I imagine once he’d outlined his vision for how we were going about tackling the PL Illi just thought “fuck this I’m leaving”.

I can’t imagine:

“Well Illi, I’m signing Beni Traore and Ben Slimane, then Leicester’s 3rd choice left back is a target and I’m selling Sander to Burnley”

Hard choice.
Probably took one look at Traore and thought “has he come to fetch my bags?” Then he realised that was his new strike partner!

I can’t imagine:

Hard choice.
Totally agree,brain cells are a little absent in some of our supporters,said it before‘why boo’ I don’t get it . All abart opinions one blades board famous member used to say.

Totally agree,brain cells are a little absent in some of our supporters,said it before‘why boo’ I don’t get it . All abart opinions one blades board famous member used to say.
MGW - was always going to move on but don’t expect a warm reception signing for that mob after that semi-final. That’s football, that’s life.

Ndiaye - mucked us about all summer long with his contract which ended up hurting us quite badly. Then dancing around at the airport with the Marseille fans while still our player. Always going to be an element of schadenfreude when his “dream” turned into a big shit sandwich. I loved him as a player though.

Berge - no ill feeling. Like the other two we were always a stepping stone but he was open about not signing another contract and it was the club’s decision to get shut. Always liked him, even if he was a frustrating footballer to watch at times. Some were giving him abuse at Burnley which I didn’t get.

To be honest our fans reactions to the above players are not really much different to fans of any other clubs in similar situations.

Figo, Van Persie, Sol Campbell…..just how it is in football

MGW - was always going to move on but don’t expect a warm reception signing for that mob after that semi-final. That’s football, that’s life.

Ndiaye - mucked us about all summer long with his contract which ended up hurting us quite badly. Then dancing around at the airport with the Marseille fans while still our player. Always going to be an element of schadenfreude when his “dream” turned into a big shit sandwich. I loved him as a player though.

Berge - no ill feeling. Like the other two we were always a stepping stone but he was open about not signing another contract and it was the club’s decision to get shut. Always liked him, even if he was a frustrating footballer to watch at times. Some were giving him abuse at Burnley which I didn’t get.

To be honest our fans reactions to the above players are not really much different to fans of any other clubs in similar situations.

Figo, Van Persie, Sol Campbell…..just how it is in football
Life is too short to be bitter,they have to look after themselves. My mate who sits next to us boos,it sounds horrific and petty 🤷🏻‍♂️ its always happened throughout life,it’s not for me.

I can’t imagine:

Hard choice.
Love Ndiaye , like Sander good player , nice lad , MGW however , smarmy git and I hate his number one hit Hello !!

Back
Top Bottom