CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

My first reaction was to compare it with Brererton’s miss against West Ham. But BBD did have more work to do to get there, and a slightly tighter angle. We need to get over losing Illi…
Brereton-Diaz's shot was from much closer in with a goalkeeper much better positioned. As some have pointed out, the better option would have been to put more power into it and aim at the top of the near post.

1706089069719.png

1706089106291.png

However, the real problem for BBD was that his penultimate touch was really poor. Could he have done a Kazim-Richards and shot from here?

1706089016367.png

Brereton-Diaz's shot was from much closer in with a goalkeeper much better positioned. As some have pointed out, the better option would have been to put more power into it and aim at the top of the near post.

View attachment 178035

View attachment 178036

However, the real problem for BBD was that his penultimate touch was really poor. Could he have done a Kazim-Richards and shot from here?

View attachment 178034
He would have needed legs six feet long to strike the ball in that photo

My take on BBD's miss at the time was that he should have brought the ball more inside and opened the angles up.

Yeah I know he's right footed but an out and out goal scorer in that position would have given themselves more options and maybe not even been scared to use their wrong foot. Once he'd taken it wider he'd either got to be incredibly accurate or hope it went through the keeper.

To be fair, it was his big chance in front of the home fans on his debut and he had two seconds to think about it and fluffed it unfortunately. AT LEAST WE WERE CREATING chances in front of goal, something of a rarity this season.

One for the diary - Senegal v Ivory Coast - live on BBC 3 on Monday 29/1 at 8 pm - chance to see Iliman perhaps?
I don't know why he's not starting to be honest. Looks great every time he comes on. But they do get an excellent impact sub anyway.

Can see him getting more assists and goals as Senegal (almighty certainly) retain the trophy.

THEN on the podium he grabs the mic and announces he's paid up his Marseille contract and is returning immediately to Sheffield United.

My take on BBD's miss at the time was that he should have brought the ball more inside and opened the angles up.

Yeah I know he's right footed but an out and out goal scorer in that position would have given themselves more options and maybe not even been scared to use their wrong foot. Once he'd taken it wider he'd either got to be incredibly accurate or hope it went through the keeper.
If I was him I would have cut across the keeper then flicked it with my right foot into the net at the near post, completely throwing the keeper off balance. Then I would’ve done a knee slide to the Pukka Pie corner, with my hands cupping my ears as a nod to last season.
But sadly he apparently doesn’t possess the footballing brain that I do! 😊

View attachment 178035

View attachment 178036

View attachment 178034
As much as I love Ndiaye, he did miss a fair few one v ones last season.

Senegal out on pens. Ndiaye came on about 88mins and didn't really get much of the ball, he looked like he couldn't keep up with the pace to be honest, unless he'd been asked to sit back. But he didn't do much defending either. When he got the ball he looked good.

Senegal out on pens. Ndiaye came on about 88mins and didn't really get much of the ball, he looked like he couldn't keep up with the pace to be honest, unless he'd been asked to sit back. But he didn't do much defending either. When he got the ball he looked good.
He came on 5 mins into extra time and it definitely looked like he was asked to stay deeper. The one time he arrived in the box he actually thought he was going to get fouled and pulled out of the shot (bit embarrassing).

After strong sub appearances in every match, I thought he might start last night. Ismaila Sarr offered little again.

Should he have taken a penalty ahead of a couple of defenders? Well, we'd have wanted him to if it was a Blades match. May have been the coach's decision not to.

Very disappointed for Iliman.

NOW ask for a loan to Blades pal. X

He’s lost his mojo whenever I’ve seen him,playing out of position,different style of play with Marseille,young kid who was adored but made a foolish decision,not the first and definitely not the last. Real shame. He will come good again somewhere because he has it.

I think we should stop talking about Ili, he's yesterdays fish n chip paper.

Cant get a start for Marseille.

Cant get a start for Senegal.

No longer a name on everyone's lips.
Begs the question to his agent really - "Did you really advise your client correctly"?

16 starts for Marseilles in half a season, seems to be getting game time. They’ve just potted their manager so a bit of transition he’ll be dealing with. He’ll be fine and he’ll get a PL move I would imagine at the end of the season.

On the contrary he has started a fair amount for Marseille and was starting in the matches just before AFCON.

That said he hasn't gone down as yet as a success at Marseille and all that fanfare about the boyhood lad coming home to Marseille has gone.
They seem to turn quite quick there. Good think Brewster never moved there, he'd have been shot.

I don't actually think they will let him go this Jan, unless someone is offering decent money and they want to cut their losses.
I could see a loan and to a PL side but again not so sure.
I suspect he will remain at Marseille till the summer. And then that will be his crossroads. He needs to have a decent 2nd half of the season there to stay.

He came on 5 mins into extra time and it definitely looked like he was asked to stay deeper. The one time he arrived in the box he actually thought he was going to get fouled and pulled out of the shot (bit embarrassing).

Very long winded way of sidestepping saying he dived and tried to con the ref into giving a penalty.

Lets be fair, if he was doing well we'd have ZERO chance of getting him back, so a temporary loss of mojo is what keeps us interested in getting him back, whether it be to try and keep us up this season, or helping us get promoted next.

Lets be fair, if he was doing well we'd have ZERO chance of getting him back, so a temporary loss of mojo is what keeps us interested in getting him back, whether it be to try and keep us up this season, or helping us get promoted next.

We’ve got zero chance of getting him back full stop.

The money we got for him will have long been spoken for

View attachment 178035

View attachment 178036

View attachment 178034
My first reaction on seeing Brereton-Diaz's miss was why didn't he lob the keeper as he'd come off his line?

Then again there were two times against Brighton where players had the ball roll in front of them and they took the extra touch instead of shooting straight away. Hamer was one in the first half and the other night have been Bogle in the second.

This hesistancy and need for an extra touch is the biggest difference between a Premier League player and a Championship player. It also sums up why we struggle to score as we're wasteful when a golden chance presents itself and make it easy for defenders and keepers as they have all the time in the world to read what's happening and plan their response, instead of catching them off guard.

I’m still clinging to the hope that they decide to sell him and we get to match the offer of the bidder, assuming the clause reported in the deal was correct.

I just hope that the other bidders offer £3.50 and a pre season friendly in line with what we can afford.

Some fuckers just text me saying Palace are after him 😵

That’s been going round for a couple of weeks.

Don’t think he’ll leave until the summer at the very earliest if he does at all.

Palace have got their own issues too with most of them wanting Woy out.

Back
Top Bottom