CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Because I’m sad like that, I had a look at his underlying performance numbers for Marseille. His attacking numbers (per 90) are the same or even better than last season. More dribbling at a higher success rate, better more productive passing. The shocking stat was that he has wanted n the ball back yet and has only attempted 1 tackle in around 300 minutes. That’s not the player he was here at all

yes he shone in the championship and I loved him but it is a mile away from prem quality.

Having sat through the pigs vs Middlesbrough dross yesterday, I fully concur. The dead hedgehog at the end of my grandmother's road would have shone in that game.

I said this at time, he will be the next Taarabt. Unbelievable at a smaller club level QPR and Sheff Utd. Makes a move to a bigger continental team and could struggle. Adel was unreal.

Grass isn’t always greener

Still remember Taarabt at Bramall Lane playing for QPR.
He was like Diego Maradona, taking the pi$$ out of Chris Morgan who was seemingly hypnotised by Taarabt's quick feet and outrageous skill.
Easily one of the best players I've ever seen at Championship level....was convinced he'd shine in the PL..but apart from the odd match he struggled.

When everyone was raving about N'Diaye taking the PL by storm....I also thought back to Taarabt.
The player I saw playing for QPR was far better than Ive ever seen N'Diaye play.....seems incredible he achieved so little.
Will be interesting to see how N'Diaye progresses at Marseille, wouldn't surprise me to see him back here one day.

Still remember Taarabt at Bramall Lane playing for QPR.
He was like Diego Maradona, taking the pi$$ out of Chris Morgan who was seemingly hypnotised by Taarabt's quick feet and outrageous skill.
Easily one of the best players I've ever seen at Championship level....was convinced he'd shine in the PL..but apart from the odd match he struggled.

When everyone was raving about N'Diaye taking the PL by storm....I also thought back to Taarabt.
The player I saw playing for QPR was far better than Ive ever seen N'Diaye play.....seems incredible he achieved so little.
Will be interesting to see how N'Diaye progresses at Marseille, wouldn't surprise me to see him back here one day.
Taarabt was the definition of a luxury player. Also a really difficult character

Because I’m sad like that, I had a look at his underlying performance numbers for Marseille. His attacking numbers (per 90) are the same or even better than last season. More dribbling at a higher success rate, better more productive passing. The shocking stat was that he has wanted n the ball back yet and has only attempted 1 tackle in around 300 minutes. That’s not the player he was here at all
Ndiaye is history would have loved him to stay but he decided otherwise and unfortunately the grass ain’t greener but the wage packet is bigger
He owed us another season for giving him a chance

With any luck it doesn't quite work and we get him back here hungry to pick up where he left off.

I reckon whichever he'll do ok though.

As crap as it was him leaving I think it was sadly that the club in question was Marseille. I reckon he'd have ignored interest from alot of other clubs otherwise.

if Marseille try to farm him off out on loan for 6months before giving him another go next season we should tell them to fuck right off.

This picture tells two stories. Firstly he is upset and frustrated. 2. His team mates don't give a shit.

When one of our team has a bad game and gets subbed, the senior players would be showing them some love. We've seen it with McAtee and others. That's what Illi gave up. He probably didn't even know how rare is a truly supportive team like that. It's hard and lonely when your team "mates" are dog

1695244691971.png

This makes me so sad. I'm being 100% serious in that I always wanted the best for the lad. He clearly loved playing the game and he brought me so much joy in such a short time. And frankly my life's been devoid of joy for the long periods.

But also the sell on clause...
Hi Hallam,

Just wanted to say, hope you've got joy in your life now. Life can really suck sometimes, but then you find a diamond. All the best mate.

Just my two pennorth, but I think if Iliman had stayed with us for this season, no matter what happened (stay up or relegation), I think his talent would have shone through and the world would have been his oyster. Like it or not, the Premier League is the world's Premier League, not just ours, watched by more people than any other league in the world. He would have been courted by loads of top clubs.
He always wanted to play for OM, once they came in for him he couldn't resist the opportunity so decided to go. It was most likely his agent that went to OM and told them he was about to extend his contract with us which forced them to make an offer.
To be fair to the lad, he went to the club that he always wanted to play for. He might have had better offers had he stayed with us for another season, but once OM came in for him it was a done deal.
It's just a real pity that we didn't get to see him play in the best league in the world.
Perhaps we need to come back to this thread at the end of the season to see how he has progressed.
My own view is that French Ligue 1 isn't that great, and he may realise that he should have waited for another year.

Taarabt was the definition of a luxury player. Also a really difficult character

Exactly. Taarabt's attitude was too poor to make it at the top level. Plus his diet was on a par with Lys Mousset's.

Now 34 years old kicking about in Dubai.

He’s gone, what a shame It’s not worked for him.
Disagree. The way footballers are acting these days is almost a god like syndrome. Too much money and influence over the clubs they play for and who have invested in making them what they are.

I think a few failed players serve as a good lesson to others looking to screw clubs over like Ndiaye did to the club, fans and Hecky.

Hopefully we might start seeing a bit of good old fashioned loyalty to the club that gave them the opportunity to become a multi-millionaire in the space of a couple of months or a year.

When does millions and millions become not enough to settle down and become a legend like Billy?

Am I going fucking crazy? They play in Europe tonight and currently are in champions league qualification spaces and ahead of PSG. The way this thread is talking about it is as if he's struggling to break through at a side bottom of the league

Hes got plenty of time to come good and he's too good not to. This will be a big learning experience for him. Despite 'going home' he's gone to a new environment with a new way of doing things and to a fan base with big expectations and little patience.

I'd expect that once he scores a goal or two his confidence will lift and they will see the Ndiaye that we've watched for the past 2 years. If it doesn't work out hopefully we are first in the queue to sign him

Back
Top Bottom