CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This is not good to see for the lad.
I was really disappointed he went and also felt he's have been better signing a new deal (even if it's only a 1 year extension) and giving a shot in PL with us.

But I totally get he wanted to play for his boyhood club.

The only positive about reading the above is could there be a move back for him? Probably not but let's hope the club are keeping tabs on that.

This is not good to see for the lad.
I was really disappointed he went and also felt he's have been better signing a new deal (even if it's only a 1 year extension) and giving a shot in PL with us.

But I totally get he wanted to play for his boyhood club.

The only positive about reading the above is could there be a move back for him? Probably not but let's hope the club are keeping tabs on that.
Brings me immense schadenfreude

Did welll for us, but He wanted to go and should have at seasons end, but left it till the last minute, leaving Heckys plans in a mess, hope it picks up for him, but we move on, wouldn't begrudge Hecky a wry grin though tbh

This is like fancying a girl throughout school and never getting a chance with her.

Then you get a great girlfriend, been with her for a good couple of years, everything is going great, then you bump into the childhood obsession whilst pissed in town.

You get chatting and end up going back to hers. Your childhood dream is becoming a reality.
As it turns out, despite being mega fit, still, she's a little bit crap in bed. Missionary all the way. Then to top it off, she farts and sparks up a cig straight after.

This is like fancying a girl throughout school and never getting a chance with her.

Then you get a great girlfriend, been with her for a good couple of years, everything is going great, then you bump into the childhood obsession whilst pissed in town.

You get chatting and end up going back to hers. Your childhood dream is becoming a reality.
As it turns out, despite being mega fit, still, she's a little bit crap in bed. Missionary all the way. Then to top it off, she farts and sparks up a cig straight after.
I don't think he knows how to play in a set role/position. He's no good shackled, did OM give him any idea as to how he was going to be used? Got strangled on the pitch last night literally 😅

Disastrous move. What an idiot.
Its certainly looking like a bad move at the moment. But I don't blame him and definitely don't think he's an idiot.

The career path he had forged, to be presented with a move to your boyhood club who were in the Champions League was too good to turn down.

However - you'd think that the advisors around him would have had more sense. They are the idiots.

He's early twenties, could have had 2/3 seasons in the biggest, best, most watched league in the world, continued his progress and momentum, and then had the pick of the elite.

His advisors saw pound signs and decided to cash in. Maybe they didn't have faith that he'd do as well in the premier League, is value would down and they'd not get their cut.

The only advise he got served them first and foremost.

Its certainly looking like a bad move at the moment. But I don't blame him and definitely don't think he's an idiot.

The career path he had forged, to be presented with a move to your boyhood club who were in the Champions League was too good to turn down.

However - you'd think that the advisors around him would have had more sense. They are the idiots.

He's early twenties, could have had 2/3 seasons in the biggest, best, most watched league in the world, continued his progress and momentum, and then had the pick of the elite.

To be fair mate, your final paragraph simply confirms why he is an idiot for leaving us 😉

His advisors have it all to answer for, but he (presumably) made the final decision.

Sorry, bit slow, what’s the significance of the two pictures?
One is Ndiaye the other is someone who looks vaguely like Ndiaye but much less handsome and a lot more gormy looking. My French is rusty but I think it says "why we have this guy who looks like Ndiaye but plays like he's not Ndiaye?? Saclablurrr dios me baguettio no playo goodo"

Wow, seen him play for OM fo first time tonight. Come on as sub. Looks a different player, lethargic, sauntering around, then he was asking the manager who he should be tracking while he was on the pitch. Looks like he doesnt know what role he is playing. Maybe this game is a one off and I accept it is only a snapshot of his time so far there, but it surprised me. That said the game has been a shocker, slow play, awful attacking play, not much energy.
Aye
Acclimatising himself for return in January ?!

Sorry, bit slow, what’s the significance of the two pictures?
It's saying 1) The Ndiaye that posed outside Marseille station, when he signed, but picture 2) is the Ndiaye that plays at their stadium.

I don't know if picture 2 is e.g. a famous comedian, or just a random person with similar goatee.

Are you OK?

Is there something you'd like to share with us?

😂

The comments underneath the tweet are not complimentary. Eg not good enough for their level, always makes the wrong decision, ruins counter attacks and is described as a 2 out of 10 signing and catastrophic.

Bring him home.

The comments underneath the tweet are not complimentary. Eg not good enough for their level, always makes the wrong decision, ruins counter attacks and is described as a 2 out of 10 signing.
I imagine they are not playing to his strengths. I've no doubt that he's a quality player but any player in the wrong system won't be as effective as they could be. Some can still shine though.

As said, we should be keeping tabs on him in case they do want to change. Haven't we got first refusal anyway as part of the deal?

Haven't we got first refusal anyway as part of the deal?

I think it was some sort of matching rights. Whatever it was, any thoughts of him coming back are likely wishful thinking tbf. If Ili is prepared to cut his losses then we can dream!

Take him back tomorrow and give them a part refund.

I imagine they are not playing to his strengths. I've no doubt that he's a quality player but any player in the wrong system won't be as effective as they could be. Some can still shine though.

As said, we should be keeping tabs on him in case they do want to change. Haven't we got first refusal anyway as part of the deal?
Yes they have to tell us if they accept an offer for him. We can match the acceptable offer.

Absolutely why I imagine Iliman's head was saying sign a new contract at Blades. But heart won him over.

Huge thing in football (nay life!) of being in the right place at the right time or good fit. Few examples from close to home…

Basham carving out an inexplicable role of an overlapping centre back, made him much greater than the sum of its parts.

Wilder coming in with us at rock bottom. Fan as manager, fan as captain etc

The inverse is true or wrong place wrong time

Jokanovic, Adkins etc etc

Choices are made with the best intentions, but some will prove good and some bad.

Sadly Iliman, with the benefit of hindsight and at the moment, has made a bad decision. Very much feels like he’s at OM at the wrong time.

Crucial years in his development are potentially impacted and no telling where he ends up in 5 years by time. You felt he had the world at his feet but now, who knows? He may turn it around, he may fall into mid table mediocrity in France.

Hope he turns it around, and would love to see him reach the very top.

Back
Top Bottom