How many in here made it 46/46?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I did lots of games this season.

Missed some home games due to holidays, no idea how many as I haven't counted.

I also went to lots of away games, but I missed lots of away games too.

Again, I don't know how many because I never bothered counting.

Maybe I should change my user name to @bladewhenIcanbebothered

There is a way of doing it. Kind of. I think. It'd only work once though.

Ring up, you can't find ya ticket in the house, could you pick up a paper one from the box office for said game. Then simply pass on your details to whoever and they pick up the paper ticket from the box office on the day.

That's what I did with Preston tickets

It's even easier than that (or was), a relative of mine got a ticket using mine while I was on holiday a couple of times. I had the season ticket with me and didn't get involved at all, he said I was away and ticket office just issued him a paper ticket no fuss.

It's totally understandable that you wouldn't get to many if any games from Cornwall (or Pommpey from Portsmouth) but not sure I get that bit? Even if you had only a few loyalty points it was possible to get tickets in the Prem last time with just a purchase history. And it was possible again even for the Preston game last week when they went on general sale on the Monday.

Thing is, to get to a one off game from the south coast it's a full tank of diesel each way at £85. Plus ticket at £20-£25, big eats and drinks at £50 and a return trip. I got to the Wigan game because we had another school reunion and managed to get round the family as much as I could too, even with my mate putting us up for nowt.

I take my hat off to those who do 46 and cup games ... or even just one. That is some financial investment, especially to see us get trunked by Boro at the Lane and three days later fail-start at the Den.

pommpey

Well done on making it 47/46 by attending the parade Silent Blade .

It's fans like you, the ones who invest a great amount of time and money, that are the true lifeblood of the club. The likes of Shred, Maws Tours, The Forum Mods et al. come to mind when you consider a category of legendary contributors.

People who whinge & bicker on football forums/social media (the types who spend their time making childish nicknames to insult our own players) are just followers of the club. The club can live without them.

People who pay their money and expect success as an ROI, are disgruntled customers of the club. They'll come and go.

Supporters are the ones who give a great deal of time, finance & emotional investment into the club. These are the ones the club need.

How do you gauge how 'wound up' and 'loud' I am by a fucking post? Am I typing in CapsLock or summat?

Just because I take the time to explain doesn't make me animated. I'm disappointed that certain previously revered board members have t start firing first but unsurprised this post has turned into a messy shitshow of bickering which annoys everyone a lot more than it does me, believe me.

it's BAU for me, and easy work.

pommpey
It’s quite simple to gauge:

Exhibition A)
Every single comment you’ve posted on this thread.

People who whinge & bicker on football forums/social media (the types who spend their time making childish nicknames to insult our own players) are just followers of the club. The club can live without them.
I'd also add to your list folk who bait other people to provoke a reaction (fishing) while also using passive/agressive responses/'tactics'. My suggestion that they would be better served in gaining respect, by keeping 'shtum' may be appreciated by those who like irony. 😜

It's totally understandable that you wouldn't get to many if any games from Cornwall (or Pommpey from Portsmouth) but not sure I get that bit? Even if you had only a few loyalty points it was possible to get tickets in the Prem last time with just a purchase history. And it was possible again even for the Preston game last week when they went on general sale on the Monday.
Well maybe I’m doing something wrong because it was nigh on impossible last time we were in the Prem. The only games I got to see were when a season ticket holder mate couldn’t go. if they are available that would be great but the 12 hour round trip plus hotel and meal costs simply means it’s only ever going to be an occasional treat.
The point of the post really was that it matters not whether you watch live or streaming- it doesn’t make anyone less of a fan. Most people don't have a problem with that but sadly some on here play the Bladeyness card whenever anyone expresses an opinion.
UTB

Well done on making it 47/46 by attending the parade Silent Blade .

It's fans like you, the ones who invest a great amount of time and money, that are the true lifeblood of the club. The likes of Shred, Maws Tours, The Forum Mods et al. come to mind when you consider a category of legendary contributors.

People who pay their money and expect success as an ROI, are disgruntled customers of the club. They'll come and go.

Supporters are the ones who give a great deal of time, finance & emotional investment into the club. These are the ones the club need.
And there we go………

Photo'd as well.
img_2186-jpeg.160327

Not much chance of getting tickets for away games next season in the premier league. I am a season ticket holder and of course, I renewed for next season. I don't have enough points. I would imagine if you have 30,000 points you will have no problem. not having a go at anyone fair play they will have been to all away games. this season and previous seasons.

You really are a miserable git aren’t you.

Whatever his intentions, and I doubt they were as you suggest, at least he doesn’t but into this ‘fashion’ of relentlessly criticising the team as not good enough even when they storm promotion.

Put the kettle on and make a cup of calm down rather than having a pop at people for no reason.
Blocked him years ago. Improved my enjoyment on here.

I'm sure he'll react by shouting you down. There's only one opinion allowed on here - his.

Just block him, you won't regret it.

What really doesn't matter? You & me are posting on a football forum. And there's an argument on that football forum that football fans going to games really doesn't matter? That's difficult to sustain surely?
My guess is that this is all about him defending his opinions on his my take, whilst he doesn't go to many games.

He has to prove that his opinion is most important, despite not being there physically, so if he concedes that going to games makes your opinion more valid, then his comments in my take are demeaned.

Personally, we all support the club, and they need our support and money. We all go when we can, and circumstances change throughout your life (mine have) where at times it's easier to go than others.

I thought the OP was a genuine question, rather than a cock measuring competition, and now an argument which it has turned into.

If The Blades got rid of the points system would the Attendance be higher at Beautiful Down Town Bramall Lane?

If The Blades got rid of the points system would the Attendance be higher at Beautiful Down Town Bramall Lane?
Maybe I'm missing something. Loyalty points are NOT used for allocating tickets for home matches at Bramall Lane, are they? Season Ticket holders have their seats. Members get a shot at seats. Then it's general sale.

With respect, you are wrong if you are not a season ticket holder or have a membership card.to purchase a ticket for an individual game you have to have a certain number of loyalty points to get a ticket

I am I think 46/46... ont wireless!
In all serious though I would love to get to Bramhall Lane to see games but it's an expensive day from down south. The plus of being in the Prem is at least 5 away games are an hour a way. So hoping next season I might get to more.

With respect, you are wrong if you are not a season ticket holder or have a membership card.to purchase a ticket for an individual game you have to have a certain number of loyalty points to get a ticket
No
That is not the case
Home matches go straight to general sale after Members

32/46 in the league

A poor effort for me, but I was there for the entire run in as soon as it got serious to help us up 💪 ⚔️

Conflicted on what to do next season. Easier to do them all but hard to motivate myself to attend some of the no hopers away

We have to accept that over time what is important to people changes.
As a sixteen year old, still living at home, following the Blades home and away was all that mattered to me. As I got older my priorities changed and blowing loads of money on away games wasn't justifiable.
Don't think it matters how many games you attend, the availability of dodgy TV sticks and games on Sky or BT make it less of a necessity to attend in person.
I look upon those that go to the away games with a touch of jealousy, as that used to be me back in the day. But also admiration, in the Premiership it won't be cheap.
The only thing I do draw the line at , is those slating the team when they haven't even watched the game.

Yep, it's down front Lundin road and near shooham Street. (Predictive text doing a great job)

Since having 2 young children and becoming a single parent, Sheffield United games have been less of a priority in my life. also wet the bed after Luton home game which we watched on Firestick so I'm probably in Pompey terms a 1/10 Blade, must try harder. Did around 5 games this season. 2 with the kids.
It won't be like this all the time Castleford.

If you want to go to a game at Bramall Lane next season and you don't have a season ticket. you need loyalty points to purchase a ticket. You think I am wrong. then explain how I am wrong.

Back
Top Bottom