How many in here made it 46/46?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Some people write inflammatory posts in an almost aggressive tone and are then amazed that other posters take exception.

FWIW, i went to 1 this year, home game Vs Reading. Living in NZ makes it tough, I love attending, but have to make do with streams and a dodgy TV box.

Every time we score the dog runs off, as i still get very excited :)

Every now and again he will throw a post together and it'll be a really strange, sexually charged story about tramps in fake clothes fighting over cider or something.

Well, it beats GCB ringtones, Desso, McCabe/HRH/Dozy and other endless faffing over Fallowfield.

Incidentally, when is he out of prison?

pommpey

I have no clue what the ridiculous cat fight is about on this thread.

Anyway, missed a home match with holidays, and managed to get to a handful of away games where our points allowed, and luckily to Brum for the last one.

I have no clue what the ridiculous cat fight is about on this thread.

Anyway, missed a home match with holidays, and managed to get to a handful of away games where our points allowed, and luckily to Brum for the last one.

The last time I saw a more productive angling session was on John Wilson Goes Fishing in the mid 90's

The last time I saw a more productive angling session was on John Wilson Goes Fishing in the mid 90's
Used to love those programmes. Went to see him in his shop in Norwich city centre (before the pedestrianisation) as a youngster. Moved to Thailand I believe. Dead now sadly.

Anyway, back on topic, I went to some but not all home games this season. Reckon I'm middle of the road when it comes to bladey bladeness.

I am out of touch with the EastEnders type relationship that must exist between the protagonists. I just read it as a standalone thread.
I'm happy to be not up to speed on the playground nipping session if that's the case.

I have in the past bought a season ticket knowing that I may only use it for 50-60% of the games, but I do it as a way of giving the club some of my money.
If there was a way of "sharing" a season ticket I would gladly let somebody else use it for free when I don't go.
There is a way of doing it. Kind of. I think. It'd only work once though.

Ring up, you can't find ya ticket in the house, could you pick up a paper one from the box office for said game. Then simply pass on your details to whoever and they pick up the paper ticket from the box office on the day.

That's what I did with Preston tickets

The only home game I missed this season was against Reading due to Covid, I had bought tickets for the away game at Luton but missed the game due to the illness. The away games I went to were Boro, Cardiff (new ground for me), Millers, Norwich, Huddersfield and Birmingham so 28/46 for me.
Missed Nowrich away (didn't fancy it) reading away & Huddersfield away so 43/46

Taking the OP at face value, I've missed the odd home game, been to a handful away. Tend to just prioritise the better away days out on the beer nowadays. Would love to still be going to every away match but real life prohibits, for various reasons.

My main problem is that my other love is gigs (metal, punk, rock), which is on an equal footing to the Blades for me, and therefore I do occasionally prioritise a gig over a night match. Not sure this makes me less of a Blade, but an individual has every right to engage with with the club and matches in a way that suits them and their lifestyle. It's not an all or nothing situation.

If someone only has a passing interest in football but prefers United, watches out for our results and fancied a day out at Wembley, that's great! If someone lives remotely, suffers from ill health or has financial problems, that will obviously affect their ability to get to the games, and while nothing will beat being in the stadium for me, it does not invalidate their opinion (if they've seen the games on TV) or make them less of a Blade (regardless of whether they have seen the game or not).

So pommpey, I do get your point, but you have to take some responsibility too, as your tone and tendency to always have to have the last word obviously fuels feuds. It will be more to do this than the number of games you have attended, which is just a fishing hook. If you took your own advice and scrolled past or let things lie, you'd probably find your own threads are not as often hijacked in future.

Used to love those programmes. Went to see him in his shop in Norwich city centre (before the pedestrianisation) as a youngster. Moved to Thailand I believe. Dead now sadly.

Anyway, back on topic, I went to some but not all home games this season. Reckon I'm middle of the road when it comes to bladey bladeness.

Top man was John, I had a mate who could take him off to a T with his hysterical laugh, we always knew when he’d caught a fish - he wasn’t popular in matches however…

Its very hard for those us away from Sheffield to get any tickets.
UTB

It's totally understandable that you wouldn't get to many if any games from Cornwall (or Pommpey from Portsmouth) but not sure I get that bit? Even if you had only a few loyalty points it was possible to get tickets in the Prem last time with just a purchase history. And it was possible again even for the Preston game last week when they went on general sale on the Monday.

Since having 2 young children and becoming a single parent, Sheffield United games have been less of a priority in my life. also wet the bed after Luton home game which we watched on Firestick so I'm probably in Pompey terms a 1/10 Blade, must try harder. Did around 5 games this season. 2 with the kids.

Other end of the scale for me, Wembley was my first game since the Norwich game just before the pandemic.

I barely missed a game in 6 years in League One and being back in the stand with my Dad made me just how much I have missed it in the last 3 years.

Bit similar, Brighton in Feb 2020 was my last pre-pandemic game then I let my season ticket go, wasn't convinced it would get back to normal as soon as it did. They've also pissed around with the train times to West Yorks which makes it harder on an evening.

I've watched lots of games on laptop, but got back towards the end of this season with matchday tickets (which strangely I didn't get charged for, wondering if they've actually honoured those 4 games we lost off the season tickets? I thought I'd forfeited them by not claiming them back at the time and then changing my mind about renewing ST).

Since having 2 young children and becoming a single parent, Sheffield United games have been less of a priority in my life. also wet the bed after Luton home game which we watched on Firestick so I'm probably in Pompey terms a 1/10 Blade, must try harder. Did around 5 games this season. 2 with the kids.
Part-Timer

Horrid isn't it when someone randomly, for their own personal reasons of spite, descends into a seemingly well-meant post and turns it into a shitfest because they can't just 'scroll by'? If you're saying 'yes' to this then I agree.

I used to credit Silent with a greater integrity and standing on these boards me and him have existed on for some years. But I am always ready to be disappointed.

I guess I should sacrifice whatever life I have built here on the south coast for forty five years and submit massive personal expense and time away from the family to attend as many games as I can just to fulfil his exacting personal requirements to be as huge a Blade as he.

Bellends, will be bellends. Eh, Cheeseboard?

pommpey
Won’t even get Scummers game next season nar Pomps

I cannot believe how easily pommpey gets completely and utterly wound up over this stuff; whilst loudly and aggressively claiming not to be bothered.

It's just hilarious.

How do you gauge how 'wound up' and 'loud' I am by a fucking post? Am I typing in CapsLock or summat?

Just because I take the time to explain doesn't make me animated. I'm disappointed that certain previously revered board members have t start firing first but unsurprised this post has turned into a messy shitshow of bickering which annoys everyone a lot more than it does me, believe me.

it's BAU for me, and easy work.

pommpey

Off topic, but I've mentioned elsewhere, the growing guilt of brainwashing son into supporting Blades when he was born in Brighton and his first bedroom was in Hove. Feel like he could have quite a happy life supporting them....!

But back on topic, when he's old enough I plan to drive us up to matches for the joy of the match/bonding experience. So it's not all guilt.

Plus I can ensure he always has Blades match access at home. Whereas BHA I'm not as likely to go out of my way/mould plans around!
My son and I had season tickets when we lived in Maidenhead (not quite as far as Brighton but still a trek).

He was 9 when we moved down there and he was 18 when he left home to go to Sheffield Hallam Uni.

Those shared Saturdays, leaving home at about 10.30, having fish and chips on Shoreham Street, walking up to the Sheaf or the Royal Oak (Beer Engine) and then going to the game before driving back and arriving home around 8pm gave us great bonding time that we would never otherwise have had.

You go for it brownblade the rewards far outweigh the cost hassle and inconvenience of it all.

You'll have a lifetime of shared memories and mutual interest.

UTB

You get to what you can. We all do. There's should be no stigma attached to anyone's circumstances. I've mentioned mine a few times. I did have a season ticket and did a few aways. Now it's stopped almost completely. Unless I get corporate seats I'm better off staying away until I feel more comfortable. I don't care what anyone tags me with. It is, sadly, what it is.

Back
Top Bottom