How many in here made it 46/46?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Silent Blade

Reaction score
The only home game I missed this season was against Reading due to Covid, I had bought tickets for the away game at Luton but missed the game due to the illness. The away games I went to were Boro, Cardiff (new ground for me), Millers, Norwich, Huddersfield and Birmingham so 28/46 for me.

The only home game I missed this season was against Reading due to Covid, I had bought tickets for the away game at Luton but missed the game due to the illness. The away games I went to were Boro, Cardiff (new ground for me), Millers, Norwich, Huddersfield and Birmingham so 28/46 for me.
Excellent effort sir.

I only got to a handful of games unfortunately, but I live on the south coast, with small kids and not much disposable income. Currently. Hope to get to more (again) in the relatively distant future.

I watched pretty much every game live on TV/laptop though. Maybe missed about three, and two of them were technical problems out of my control.

Other end of the scale for me, Wembley was my first game since the Norwich game just before the pandemic.

I barely missed a game in 6 years in League One and being back in the stand with my Dad made me just how much I have missed it in the last 3 years.

MASSIVE BLADE. The biggest. Truly. Hugely bigly.

Does that give the right to anyone over 28 to be cunty in their comments regarding your attendance? Or does it really ... fucking ... matter?

What is your opinion of those who attend no games, don't watch it on streams and don't even listen to it on the radio but read the match reports in the papers? What about those who don't even do that, yet consider themselves to be Sheff Utd supporters. But they have a shirt. It's the 1993 blue third one and the shield badge has been bleached a bit. They wear it for gardening sometimes.

HRT Silent. You can even get it as a wearable patch.

pommpey

My record's been shite this season

1.... fucking ONE away match attended (Cardiff)

3 home matches missed (Millwall, Bristol City, Preston)

If I get any more part-timey, I'll turn into the sort of fucking bellend who whines about loyalty points every time we have a good cup run and complains about 'tHe fAcILiTIeS' on the Kop.

[Shudder]

Does that give the right to anyone over 28 to be cunty in their comments regarding your attendance? Or does it really ... fucking ... matter?

What is your opinion of those who attend no games, don't watch it on streams and don't even listen to it on the radio but read the match reports in the papers? What about those who don't even do that, yet consider themselves to be Sheff Utd supporters. But they have a shirt. It's the 1993 blue third one and the shield badge has been bleached a bit. They wear it for gardening sometimes.

pommpey

Out of order there pommpey IMO. Have a pop, fine, but no need to slaughter the guy.

You've met @SilentBlade have you?

I know him well and have done for many years.

One of the nicest guys around.

pommpey
giphy[1].gif

pommpey
I've always defended the right for anybody to choose not to attend games (for whatever reason) and still have a valid opinion and be regarded as a Blade. Surely he has the right to start a post about matches attended etc. Think he touched a nerve there! For what it's worth, by your criteria, I'm a bigger Blade than him - but I'm not going to be cunty about it ;-)

I got to Cardiff last season, probably my preferred new stadium. Not that I’ve been to many new uns.

I have a season ticket and in my fucking wisdom came to France three weeks ago and missed all the celebrations, a big mistake. Regret it:
That said I’ve felt very stressed watching matches this season. It must be all the single goal wins, or a declining ability to deal with anxiety. When Boro got within 4 points I resigned myself to the usual failure. Then we won at S’land and the stress came rushing back.

pommpey
It was a perfectly innocent post. There was no criticism of anyone.

2KdjGsnQ5cnBsq2sgZ.gif
pommpey
He's proper had you there.

I've always defended the right for anybody to choose not to attend games (for whatever reason) and still have a valid opinion and be regarded as a Blade. Surely he has the right to start a post about matches attended etc. Think he touched a nerve there! For what it's worth, by your criteria, I'm a bigger Blade than him - but I'm not going to be cunty about it ;-)

Great. And you shouldn't be. But sneaking into one of mine with a 'so you attended 1/46' snidism is just inviting him to stick his arse out to be kicked.

I don't give a fat fuck how many shirts people own, how many tats they have or how many games they've attended. For a myriad of reasons, many can't attend games, or even stream them.

Silent is ploughing the same tossers furrow about being a Billy Big Blade and when called out about it, pretending he is fishing for a bite. Tweak the tail, get the fucking horns.

pommpey

It was a perfectly innocent post. There was no criticism of anyone.

Aaaaand over on 'My take ...'

As said, if Silent want's to troll others posts with shitty comments, he can hardly complain if others choose to troll his

pommpey

Christ, your insecurities have come to the fore today. Lighten up, he's had you, it happens.

It's nice to know you're here. You're a great asset to any debate Cheese, so you are.

As for 'having me', his defence is my gain. Such a MASSIVE BLADE (and you, of course)

Take care, poppet

pommpey

Great. And you shouldn't be. But sneaking into one of mine with a 'so you attended 1/46' snidism is just inviting him to stick his arse out to be kicked.

I don't give a fat fuck how many shirts people own, how many tats they have or how many games they've attended. For a myriad of reasons, many can't attend games, or even stream them.

Silent is ploughing the same tossers furrow about being a Billy Big Blade and when called out about it, pretending he is fishing for a bite. Tweak the tail, get the fucking horns.

pommpey
I don't read that many posts on here, so will take the OP at face value. And I most certainly aint getting into a keyboard fight with you! Don't think my personal daemons can cope with being accused of flicking through my mum's Gratton catalogue (cos, yeah, I did used to do it - bra section back in the 70s) :oops:

It's nice to know you're here. You're a great asset to any debate Cheese, so you are.

As for 'having me', his defence is my gain. Such a MASSIVE BLADE (and you, of course)

Take care, poppet

pommpey
It's made you look a bit daft. It's not the end of the world. Have a nice day fellow blade.

pommpey
Oh ffs. He's just curious, as I am. It's not as if he went to every game and was bragging.
The only game i couldn't see was bloody yesterday. Couldn't get a steam, which was annoying, but luckily it didn't matter. Saw most home games but away games are hard now I can't stand for very long.
Next season hope to get to a couple of grounds I haven't been to, but am a bit meh about the Prem.

I don't read that many posts on here, so will take the OP at face value. And I most certainly aint getting into a keyboard fight with you! Don't think my personal daemons can cope with being accused of flicking through my mum's Gratton catalogue (cos, yeah, I did used to do it - bra section back in the 70s) :oops:

Horrid isn't it when someone randomly, for their own personal reasons of spite, descends into a seemingly well-meant post and turns it into a shitfest because they can't just 'scroll by'? If you're saying 'yes' to this then I agree.

I used to credit Silent with a greater integrity and standing on these boards me and him have existed on for some years. But I am always ready to be disappointed.

I guess I should sacrifice whatever life I have built here on the south coast for forty five years and submit massive personal expense and time away from the family to attend as many games as I can just to fulfil his exacting personal requirements to be as huge a Blade as he.

Bellends, will be bellends. Eh, Cheeseboard?

pommpey

Back
Top Bottom