Hecky and Coaching Team Out - Yes or No

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HECKY OUT

• YES

Votes: 672 88.9%
  • NO

Votes: 84 11.1%

• Total voters

The crucial point remains the same.
If you don’t have a replacement lined up you can’t sack him and there’s a collective failure around those championing that course of action of providing any realistically obtainable better options at this moment in time.

Luton are an example of what I was hoping we would be, aggressive, committed and hard to beat. The problem with playing defensive football is that none of our wing-backs or central midfielders can defend. Souza and Norwood make me nostalgic for Monty and Leighterwood, who whilst often looking like giraffes trying to stamp on a beach ball, at least understood that their main role was to protect the defence from midfield runners
I've often reminised how much stick Monty actually got, looks like he's doing good things at Hib's

I voted Hecky in.

I’ve always said for about 6 weeks now I wanted Wilder in. Now it’s too late to be saved. I say we keep him and see what next season brings.

No point getting Wilder in to try and save a team that has zero confidence. Let Hecky have ago at fixing this mess.

I wish I wasn’t right for the last few weeks. But now it’s time to enjoy Saturdays.
Isn’t that the whole point of Wilder to build them up. This despite the fact he stripped the squad bare of any confidence last time we was here.
Since you called for him we’ve got 4 points and we’re 4 points from safety. If it’s now too late because he can’t overcome that I’d suggest he’s was never worth appointing in the first place.

He's gotta go now. Enough is enough.

Thing is, we need to change now even if it doesn't affect our season. Changing it now cannot be worse than doing nothing.

Make the change.

It’s like we need to concede a goal to remind the team that we’re actually playing football. By which time opposition teams have quite rightly found holes all over the pitch to exploit and go on to bang in a few more.

I voted yes but with a heavy heart. His championship stats hold up against anyone, I think the premiership has been a step to far

It’s getting to the point where I’m not sure even what the supporters’ role is anymore. All the songs in the world would make no difference to how outplayed we were today.

After being behind him so far I think it’s time to move on.

He’s starting to look like someone who got the job because no-one else was available. A bit like when someone in accounts becomes a marketer because they once designed a flyer in PowerPoint.

I voted Hecky in.

I’ve always said for about 6 weeks now I wanted Wilder in. Now it’s too late to be saved. I say we keep him and see what next season brings.

No point getting Wilder in to try and save a team that has zero confidence. Let Hecky have ago at fixing this mess.

I wish I wasn’t right for the last few weeks. But now it’s time to enjoy Saturdays.
We'll be absolutely shot with him in charge, can you imagine when the season ends this fool trying to convince this shower to mount anotehr promotion challenge.. no me neither.

when a leaders followers loses confidence in their leadership and therefore can no longer lead then it's time to give up the ghost .

When we go down and Hecky and his mob are still in charge, I can delight in handing over another £500 of my hard earned to be wasted on an owner, a good few players who don’t give a fucking shit. Led by a spineless wet fart who plays defensive from minute one at home. I can’t fucking wait. And who was the stupid cunt at Board level handing out 5 year contracts? Thick as fucking pig shit.

Isn’t that the whole point of Wilder to build them up. This despite the fact he stripped the squad bare of any confidence last time we was here.
Since you called for him we’ve got 4 points and we’re 4 points from safety. If it’s now too late because he can’t overcome that I’d suggest he’s was never worth appointing in the first place.
Wilder would be an absolute drain.

Been a big supporter of hecky bit his Time is up imo ... so poor today... not really is fault but time for a change

The crucial point remains the same.
If you don’t have a replacement lined up you can’t sack him and there’s a collective failure around those championing that course of action of providing any realistically obtainable better options at this moment in time.
A bin bag would have managed us better today.
Even a junior team manager would have realised he had picked completely the wrong team.
Our bench with a few youth team players would have beaten the team he picked.
Its completely wrong tactically, he picks the wrong players and has needlessly frozen others out.
His subs are pathetic. He doesn't change the shape of the side within games to counteract the other team.
Can't motivate a team for a must win game. The training injures our players too much and his staff have worsened key areas of the team.
He's supposed to be good with youth but other than a bit of Osula at the start of the season we have seen nothing of anyone like Brooks or Seriki.
I am not involved in football but I would suggest that we ought to be able to find a replacement.
Off the top of my head I would say the following are better managers (some are available; some maybe?; some maybe too ambitious)
  • Wilder
  • Blessin
  • Will Still
  • Schumacher
  • Beale
  • Monty
  • Corberan
A quick google would help our owner:
More interesting list here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/s...e-Strasbourg-Torino-Valencia-thrive-Prem.html

He should have been emptying his desk after the Newcastle 8-0 debacle.

If not then, then definitely after the Fulham defeat. It's just delaying the inevitable. Even if PH was still in place next season what would we have to look forward too? Best hope being that we somehow get promoted again (we wouldn't as Iliman has gone and he was the reason we got promoted really) before we get dismantled again the following season ?

Get rid. There are plenty of semi decent managers who would crawl.over broken glass to be United boss. It's still a fantastic club and job but it needs some work both on the coaching side, tactics, injury situation and getting some fight and belief into the players again. Basically everything a decent manager should be doing in their day to day job. Becky is currently failing on every score.

9 out of 10 on this survey want him gone now. We all wrong? Get rid asap and get someone in to start changing things now so that we are ready to go again next season innthr Championship with a lot more positivity and a plan. Years ago, Basset came in when the game was basically up, took the relegation on his CV on the chin and had had time to see what he wanted and who to bring in. We romped to promotion the following season and the belief was back in abundance. Time to find the modern day Bassett

A bin bag would have managed us better today.
Even a junior team manager would have realised he had picked completely the wrong team.
Our bench with a few youth team players would have beaten the team he picked.
Its completely wrong tactically, he picks the wrong players and has needlessly frozen others out.
His subs are pathetic. He doesn't change the shape of the side within games to counteract the other team.
Can't motivate a team for a must win game. The training injures our players too much and his staff have worsened key areas of the team.
He's supposed to be good with youth but other than a bit of Osula at the start of the season we have seen nothing of anyone like Brooks or Seriki.
I am not involved in football but I would suggest that we ought to be able to find a replacement.
Off the top of my head I would say the following are better managers (some are available; some maybe?; some maybe too ambitious)
  • Wilder
  • Blessin
  • Will Still
  • Schumacher
  • Beale
  • Monty
  • Corberan
A quick google would help our owner:
More interesting list here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/s...e-Strasbourg-Torino-Valencia-thrive-Prem.html
Thanks for the link. From your list I’d say Beale and Schumacher are the only ones who would likely be interested and have showed some of the necessary potential to be considered.
Both huge and potentially expensive risks

Can one of the 28 who voted no, please explain your thinking 🤔 on here. Just want to know why.
my reason is no one else will come take the job. Many on here have said we have championship players. With that no money and an owner not interested in investing in the club as he has no money. Think about it. The decision making process takes months at this place. So Hecky goes we have McCall in charge. For how long 1,2,3,4,5 games till Xmas ? Till January, till end of season ? No manager is going to come to the club likely to be the worst PL team for the second time running and have that on their CV when they go down.

I just think there is quite a lot now thinking Hecky goes and everything will be fine.

This is Sheffield United. It wont be. Best we can hope for is to suck it up and drop to the Championship. Unless we get a miracle or a moneybags new owner. :)

the players need to know their are repercussions and consequences for such spineless performances
Well, 16 of them are out of contract next summer and we don't seem to have started any contract talks with them. They're all playing like John Lundstram did when he knew he was out of contract and free to leave in the summer. That's the consequence. I'd offer Baldock and Wes a new deal, and maybe Norrington-Davies if he looked like ever returning. The rest can all go.

Clear out, start again. New squad. New players. New manager. New coaches. New formation(s). New tactics. A new season. A new beginning.

Well, 16 of them are out of contract next summer and we don't seem to have started any contract talks with them. They're all playing like John Lundstram did when he knew he was out of contract and free to leave in the summer. That's the consequence. I'd offer Baldock and Wes a new deal, and maybe Norrington-Davies if he looked like ever returning. The rest can all go.

Clear out, start again. New squad. New players. New manager. New coaches. New formation(s). New tactics. A new season. A new beginning.
what the fuck is going on at the club ?
can see a bolton type situation developing

my reason is no one else will come take the job. Many on here have said we have championship players. With that no money and an owner not interested in investing in the club as he has no money. Think about it. The decision making process takes months at this place. So Hecky goes we have McCall in charge. For how long 1,2,3,4,5 games till Xmas ? Till January, till end of season ? No manager is going to come to the club likely to be the worst PL team for the second time running and have that on their CV when they go down.

I just think there is quite a lot now thinking Hecky goes and everything will be fine.

This is Sheffield United. It wont be. Best we can hope for is to suck it up and drop to the Championship. Unless we get a miracle or a moneybags new owner. :)
Thank you fellow blade, just wanted a reason without the usual name calling and insults. Anybody with passion surely needs bring in. I have said it before, hecky couldn't get a 18 year old in a brothel up for it. Lost all trust in him 😒😒😒

Back
Top Bottom