Another utterly pathetic close season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It certainly doesn’t look good, and whilst I don’t think he’s blameless in this, I do sense Wilder is not happy.

I’m holding out hope the situation looks very different in two weeks time.
 



Considering the Hamer saga dragged on all summer, you would have thought we have a replacement lined up to sign whenever he does go.

Obviously, we did not. I can accept us not spending tens of millions of pounds. I can't accept us putting out half a team on the first day of the season AGAIN. For the third time in four years.

It's not good enough, regardless of the excuses that will be rolled out in the next weeks/months. There can't be another club in the EFL that is so woefully underprepared at the start of every season.
This is surely on the likes of Bettis and those that run the club.

Yes “the Club” has an apparent policy of not losing players at the end of their deal (well, apart from McBurnie, Brewster, Freeman etc).

You look at teams like Bournemouth and last summer they lost most of their defence. Not before they had the replacement flying in.

Us? We’ve known about Hamer all summer, yet we somehow couldn’t have a replacement lined up? Our “plan” is to play Russian Roulette in the final day of the transfer window.

Why not just get the guy Abdulmalik?
 
Last edited:
very little sunshine , but the coh sports duop only been here 2 years,, but the yanks who tookover brum made bucket loads of mistakes on taking over, saxcking a manager and ptting in Rooney , got relegated first season as theyt didnt have a Wilder,,

as to chong dont get it, heres what luton fans are saying on we are luton
Luton Town's investment in Tahith Chong is set to pay off significantly. The club acquired Chong for a fee believed to be in the region of £4 million, from Birmingham. This fee that now appears to be a bargain considering his development and impact. With his current market value estimated to be up to £20 million, Luton Town stands to make a substantial profit if a transfer materialises.

seems to be a canyon of opinions there, you say hes worthless luton have him 3 times what we got for Hamer
Maybe Jamie’srecruitment.com saw that and thought we’d had their pants down when we got him 18 million SHORT of that valuation
 
I would hope this window puts and end to the scapegoating of Selles. Who was sold up the creek without a paddle or a canoe, but it looks like they’ve decided the board is the new scapegoat.
To be honest, I believe the board has got every single decision wrong since they separated ways with wilder. One disaster after another.
 
very little sunshine , but the coh sports duop only been here 2 years,, but the yanks who tookover brum made bucket loads of mistakes on taking over, saxcking a manager and ptting in Rooney , got relegated first season as theyt didnt have a Wilder,,

as to chong dont get it, heres what luton fans are saying on we are luton
Luton Town's investment in Tahith Chong is set to pay off significantly. The club acquired Chong for a fee believed to be in the region of £4 million, from Birmingham. This fee that now appears to be a bargain considering his development and impact. With his current market value estimated to be up to £20 million, Luton Town stands to make a substantial profit if a transfer materialises.

seems to be a canyon of opinions there, you say hes worthless luton have him 3 times what we got for Hamer
This has got to be one of the most ridiculous posts I've read on here in some time.
 
This has got to be one of the most ridiculous posts I've read on here in some time.
I can only assume he’s a boomer whose brain has been cooked by FB and runs absolutely everything through chatgpt
 
I would hope this window puts and end to the scapegoating of Selles. Who was sold up the creek without a paddle or a canoe, but it looks like they’ve decided the board is the new scapegoat.
The board deserve to be a scapegoat, they’re a huge part of the problem and now we’ve got the court embarrassment.

Wilder isn’t blameless but COH or whatever they’re called this week couldn’t run a fucking tap
 
A Luton fan says he's worth 20 million means he's worth 20 million?

I didnt think you could still shock me, but congrats
And i thought Trump was losing his shit
 
THERES MORE MELTS AT BRAMALL LANE THAN IN THE POLAR ICE CAPS 6 pre season games unbeaten 2 meaningful games into ths season, 5 clean sheets only conceded 3 in 8
games against a german 2nd tier side and a la liga regular Levante,, wheres the logic in calling it pathetic
we romped home v rotherham who drew with derby same week, we will definitely never see us win a thing as we are infested with pessemists
we could beat arsenal 7-1 and theyd moan about conceding one

45 games to go lets show some support, Id hate to be a player listening to the venom coming from the seats, must be soul destroying
Fucking pre season 😂😂
 
I've been saying it since last season. We're in big trouble and staying in the division would be an achievement. The money has gone on s hite that can't be jettisoned and there's big issues at boardroom level. The goal is to get the cost base down asap imo. I struggle to believe we're at the 85% + 15million limit (this lot, really?). I feel it's much more the ownership downgrading their own ambition as they personally want to put in as little capital as possible. I could be wrong on that.

I feel the one way we have of giving it a go is selling Peck for big money and reinvesting it all in three or four players who really work out for us. I'm not at all confident that the couple of players mooted in the press will be enough to transform this side.

A slight brighter note is Cooper looking his old self. He was a question mark, but looks decent so far.
 
Again, i don't count it as a permanent, as its a 12 month deal.. so will be released, along with Rothwell, Bamford, Riedewald and likely Seriki in the summer. Leading to another crap summer.

The only decent summer we had was summer 2025.
We also have a number of key players out of contract in 2028, so expect at least one other Hamer scenario next summer too.
 



It certainly doesn’t look good, and whilst I don’t think he’s blameless in this, I do sense Wilder is not happy.

I’m holding out hope the situation looks very different in two weeks time.

I don’t particularly care if Wilder isn’t happy at this point, as out of everyone he has been the most informed on all matters.

With the information at hand he’s decided to return AND sign a contract extension.

That means one of two things:

He’s seen a golden opportunity to blame someone else for the hand he’s been dealt.

Or he’s aware that he’s got no work elsewhere so will stay as long as humanly possible in the role.

Either way, he knows the most about the situation and has chosen to stay / extend.
 
I don’t particularly care if Wilder isn’t happy at this point, as out of everyone he has been the most informed on all matters.

With the information at hand he’s decided to return AND sign a contract extension.

That means one of two things:

He’s seen a golden opportunity to blame someone else for the hand he’s been dealt.

Or he’s aware that he’s got no work elsewhere so will stay as long as humanly possible in the role.

Either way, he knows the most about the situation and has chosen
Like I say, ekke, he certainly isn’t blameless. Whichever way around it may be, it isn’t good for the club.

From recent interviews though, I’d come to the conclusion that he’d been told it was one thing and now it isn’t.
 
Think it’s bad now, just wait until we sell Peck and Seriki in the next 2 weeks. At least then we’ll trot the line out that their replacements are already here.. Doherty and Phillips.

This club is a complete shambles and has been in a slow decline ever since we last won promotion. That decline is now accelerating as the last of the players worth anything are starting to leave and we no longer have a manager that actually believes in coaching players. Coupled with owners who haven’t got a clue what their doing, and have backed themselves into a corner where they believe there is only one person on the planet who is capable of being our manager.

Relegation will happen in the next 2 seasons if we don’t change course soon, and for that to happen there needs to be real material change at the club. That means, recruitment, day to day running and coaching. I’ve very little hope of it happening.
 
It’s like we’re in a self imposed transfer ban. Is anyone expecting us to make any permanent signing this window?
 
Day 68 of the transfer window and Barnet, Crawley and Newport have still outspent Sheffield United.

⏳
 

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom