Has Hecky got what it takes? - Poll

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Should Hecky stay or go?

• Stay

Votes: 254 49.5%
  • Go

Votes: 155 30.2%
  • One last chance at BL against Man United

Votes: 104 20.3%

• Total voters
Paul Heckinbottom is not the problem. The reason he wanted to keep all the players from the Championship, was because he knew that the budget would not provide enough quality to be competitive in the EPL. He also knew that the required intensity levels would lead to a similar injury situation that we have now.
The currrent playing staff are not good enough, so they need to be fitter and more capable. This leads to injuries, and he wanted players he knew he could rely on, without breaking the bank.

The responsibility for our current situation lies with the Prince and his board of yes men. The Prince gave Heck a recruiting remit. Buy younger players, with the known likleyhood that we would end up iback in the championship, with a viable squad, and the money to improve it.

The answer is not to sack and replace PH. The answer is for the Prince to sell, and for a new owner to give PH a chance to prove himself.

New owner and new board required. If PH still can’t cut it, then, and only then,replace him.

Warnock is too old.
Hassenhutl and Wilder are proven failures.

Start again.
Hecky is proving incapable, it's that simple.

How is Hassenhuttl a proven failure? He kept having to buy young players and develop them, last year it finally bit Southampton on the arse. But they're absolutely quids in from it.

If Hecky gets us relegated does he fall in the failure camp too?

How is Hassenhuttl a proven failure? He kept having to buy young players and develop them, last year it finally bit Southampton on the arse. But they're absolutely quids in from it.

There’s zero chance we’d get Hassenhuttl and zero chance he’d come. We can’t afford him and he can get a better job than ours.

There’s zero chance we’d get Hassenhuttl and zero chance he’d come. We can’t afford him and he can get a better job than ours.
I think he could if he wants to go back to Germany, but there's slim pickings over here. Let's not forget he was sacked with them bottom of the PL.

We are a bigger draw than some of our fans like to think.

Potter is pie in the sky, Hassenhuttl for me isn't at all, provided we pay the going rate

I think he could if he wants to go back to Germany, but there's slim pickings over here. Let's not forget he was sacked with them bottom of the PL.

We are a bigger draw than some of our fans like to think.

Potter is pie in the sky, Hassenhuttl for me isn't at all, provided we pay the going rate

We can’t pay the going rate. We have no money and an owner who doesn’t want to put his hand in his pocket further.

It’ll be Wilder in the interim if Hecky goes.

I like Hecky but it does appear that the high pressing 'style' of last season was based around Ndiaye being so good at winning it back early that it didn't make sense to not play that way. Add in Berge actually being pretty good at early pressing and the enthusiasm of Doyle/McAtee and it made perfect sense.

What I don't know is, what was PH's preferred style before United?

This is why I struggle with the argument to offload Hecky.

You are happy to immediately make an excuse for Hassenhuttl, but you won't afford Hecky the same courtesy.

He's had no backing this window relative to the league, probably a net spend of 6m.

He had no backing in January.

He signed one player for cash the summer prior and the rest were all last minute.

He signed nobody of note the prior January other than replacing Olsen with Davies.

Anel aside which overall was a shrewd signing, he's had hardly any backing through all 4 windows, yet got us up to a higher division. So he has as many, if not more extenuating circumstances than Hassenhuttl can point to and thsts before we go into the two non-takeovers, embargo, talk of unpaid bills and distractions they brought.

We can’t pay the going rate. We have no money and an owner who doesn’t want to put his hand in his pocket further.

It’ll be Wilder in the interim if Hecky goes.

Replacing one manager who is failing with a former one who failed because they have little clue how to change anything.

No idea who we could bring in but whoever it is inherits a misfiring - at best - squad with little chance of improvement in January. Any manager not desperate will take a long hard look at that.

This is why I struggle with the argument to offload Hecky.

You are happy to immediately make an excuse for Hassenhuttl, but you won't afford Hecky the same courtesy.

He's had no backing this window relative to the league, probably a net spend of 6m.

He had no backing in January.

He signed one player for cash the summer prior and the rest were all last minute.

He signed nobody of note the prior January other than replacing Olsen with Davies.

Anel aside which overall was a shrewd signing, he's had hardly any backing through all 4 windows, yet got us up to a higher division. So he has as many, if not more extenuating circumstances than Hassenhuttl can point to and thsts before we go into the two non-takeovers, embargo, talk of unpaid bills and distractions they brought.
Because he has a championship dream team.

Mcburnie / Brewster / Didzy / Sharp / Ndiaye he had all of these available to him in the championship. He wouldn’t need any more.

He’s signed his own players and they are awful. I’m glad we didn’t let him sign anyone else.

Mcburnie / Brewster / Didzy / Sharp / Ndiaye he had all of these available to him in the championship. He wouldn’t need any more.

He’s signed his own players and they are awful. I’m glad we didn’t let him sign anyone else.
I’m still erring on the “still early days” mantra but that’s quickly starting to look naive. No doubt unfair after last season but it’s looking like a David Weir repeat at times. Are they “his” players though?

I’m still erring on the “still early days” mantra but that’s quickly starting to look naive. No doubt unfair after last season but it’s looking like a David Weir repeat at times. Are they “his” players though?
Similar thoughts. I've admired the way PH has dealt with off field adversity but the last 3 non performances are a serious cause for concern. I've gone with give him a last chance against Man U option. I just want to see some tactical nous. Not 3-5-2 with a flat 3 and Norwood shoe horned in with Sousa out of position on the right. Never seen a Blades team give up as I did against the Bar Codes. We need passion, desire over 90 minutes but there has to be a visible semblance of a plan on how to deal with the oppositions high tempo press. Any repeat of the last few weeks on Saturday and the goodwill of the fans will be lost. I really hope we turn it around this week.

There are valid arguments that PH has been let down by the Board especially the snail pace transfer window. The counter is that funds have been provided and there is frustration at the continued level of injuries. The Club is in limbo on and off the field and seem incapable of reversing the slide. 10 years ago on 11 October 2013 after 13 games Weir was sacked. The first major decision the Prince was influential in making. Will history repeat itself?

Similar thoughts. I've admired the way PH has dealt with off field adversity but the last 3 non performances are a serious cause for concern. I've gone with give him a last chance against Man U option. I just want to see some tactical nous. Not 3-5-2 with a flat 3 and Norwood shoe horned in with Sousa out of position on the right. Never seen a Blades team give up as I did against the Bar Codes. We need passion, desire over 90 minutes but there has to be a visible semblance of a plan on how to deal with the oppositions high tempo press. Any repeat of the last few weeks on Saturday and the goodwill of the fans will be lost. I really hope we turn it around this week.

There are valid arguments that PH has been let down by the Board especially the snail pace transfer window. The counter is that funds have been provided and there is frustration at the continued level of injuries. The Club is in limbo on and off the field and seem incapable of reversing the slide. 10 years ago on 11 October 2013 after 13 games Weir was sacked. The first major decision the Prince was influential in making. Will history repeat itself?
Yeah, he looks like a fish out of water tactically that's the worry for me too that I can't look past.
Then factor in the injury issues and as of late the lack of fight and passion, there's only one solution.

The summer was pathetic, and yes he's lost his 2 best players but one of them has been replaced more than adequately in Hamer.
This team is better than it's showing right now as individuals and collectively. I don't see any way that can be argued. Most teams in the Champ would have more than 1 point from the fixtures we've had so far.

Brewster??????
37 year old Billy Sharp?????
Didzy who doesn't play for United?????
His signings??????

Am I missing something?

Brewster??????
37 year old Billy Sharp?????
Didzy who doesn't play for United?????
His signings??????

Am I missing something?
Yes clearly.

Basically the exact same team got promoted twice. So it’s clearly more than good enough!

Luton got promoted with Carlton Morris and Adebayo.

His signings up front have been Archer and Traore. So I’m glad we didn’t sign anymore.

Hassenhuttl got Southampton relegated. That is failure.

Yes clearly.

Basically the exact same team got promoted twice. So it’s clearly more than good enough!

Luton got promoted with Carlton Morris and Adebayo.

His signings up front have been Archer and Traore. So I’m glad we didn’t sign anymore.
There's no chance PH is the leading decision maker on signings. He'll have input but he's first team coach, not Wilder. If you think PH told the board "go and get me Benie Traore" then I very much think you're wrong

Brewster did absolutely nothing. Sharp did almost nothing. Didzy played for Derby.

There's no chance PH is the leading decision maker on signings. He'll have input but he's first team coach, not Wilder. If you think PH told the board "go and get me Benie Traore" then I very much think you're wrong

Brewster did absolutely nothing. Sharp did almost nothing. Didzy played for Derby.
And like I say was still good enough to get promoted easily.

Eh? I'm confused as to what you're saying now? You said he had a Championship dream team and listed 5 players, 2 of which barely played and 1 who played for Derby?
Mcburnie and Ndiaye in the Championship is basically cheating. Weird how you make out like you made a fair point ignoring 40% of the players mentioned 😂

Let alone keeping Berge in the Championship. Our team was a championship dream team. The side with the right coach and fan backing finished 9th. Then in a poor championship with parachute payments was cheating.

I went for one last chance. In my mind that’s based on how we set up and play, rather than the result.

I agree with all the points made about Hecky having very little to work with. I also agree we’d struggle to get anyone better in. If it’s between him or Warnock or Wilder, I’d say stick with Hecky.

Having said that, those who say how we’ve played this season is totally out of Hecky’s control are going too easy on him in my opinion. Anyone who was at West Ham and Fulham can testify to how unthreatening we looked going forward and how uncertain we looked defending.

No one’s expecting these players to start pinging it around like Guardiola’s Barcelona or wracking up clean sheets. But even if we’re only at the level of a good Championship team, we should be able to defend and keep possession better than we have been. Hecky so far has looked either unwilling or unable to switch things up.

Hassenhuttl got Southampton relegated. That is failure.
Don't know if you know anything about Southampton's transfer strategy, but they're more minted from relegation than they would've been from staying up due to Hassenhuttl's development of players. Do you call that failure?

If so, what do you call 1 point in mid october?

Mcburnie and Ndiaye in the Championship is basically cheating. Weird how you make out like you made a fair point ignoring 40% of the players mentioned 😂

Let alone keeping Berge in the Championship. Our team was a championship dream team. The side with the right coach and fan backing finished 9th. Then in a poor championship with parachute payments was cheating.
What are you on about? I didn't mention McBurnie and Ndiaye because they are good players. McBurnie is a very good Championship forward, not a cheat code. Ndiaye was a star and by far the main reason we were promoted.

But I'm not sure you can call something a "dream team" and list 3 players who barely contributed or didn't contribute at all? If you'd said "having McAtee and Ndiaye gave United 2 of the best players in the Championship. Berge and McBurnie, although not always consistent or fit are on their day very, very good in that league and better than most" then that would have been a fair point. But listing 2 strikers who contributed 54 appearances and 3 goals in 22/23, plus one who'd left the club as reasons why PH is a shit manager kind of nullifies anything else.

PH did a really good job in picking the club up off it's arse and making it competitive again under some trying circumstances. He had to put up with a mess off the pitch and he got the team promoted. He's not the best manager in the world but he deserves a bit more respect than he's being granted from our fanbase.

What are you on about? I didn't mention McBurnie and Ndiaye because they are good players. McBurnie is a very good Championship forward, not a cheat code. Ndiaye was a star and by far the main reason we were promoted.

But I'm not sure you can call something a "dream team" and list 3 players who barely contributed or didn't contribute at all? If you'd said "having McAtee and Ndiaye gave United 2 of the best players in the Championship. Berge and McBurnie, although not always consistent or fit are on their day very, very good in that league and better than most" then that would have been a fair point. But listing 2 strikers who contributed 54 appearances and 3 goals in 22/23, plus one who'd left the club as reasons why PH is a shit manager kind of nullifies anything else.

PH did a really good job in picking the club up off it's arse and making it competitive again under some trying circumstances. He had to put up with a mess off the pitch and he got the team promoted. He's not the best manager in the world but he deserves a bit more respect than he's being granted from our fanbase.
Im not reading all that.

Don't know if you know anything about Southampton's transfer strategy, but they're more minted from relegation than they would've been from staying up due to Hassenhuttl's development of players. Do you call that failure?

If so, what do you call 1 point in mid october?
He is a failure.

Ndiaye, McAtee, Stars. Berge, McBurnie. Very good, inconsistent. Brewster + Sharp = 54 apps, 3 goals. Not exactly "dream team"

Hecky, had to deal with all kinds of shit, deserves respect.

Don't bother with this fella, he didn't know where are owner was based and didn't know what players were at the club when Hecky took over.

At best he's a part time Sheffield United fan

At worst he's a Wednesday troll

Overall he doesn't know what he's talking about whatsoever.

Ndiaye, McAtee, Stars. Berge, McBurnie. Very good, inconsistent. Brewster + Sharp = 54 apps, 3 goals. Not exactly "dream team"

Hecky, had to deal with all kinds of shit, deserves respect.

I beleive a team with Wes / Baldock / Bogle / Egan / Berge / Mcburnie / Ndiaye is pretty much a Dream team in the championship.

I beleive last season everyone bar Burnley would have swopped our teams with there’s.

How is Wilder a step back? The man has out performed Hecky in every single aspect.

Heckys greatest achievement is taking a relegated side (sold 1 player) and got promoted with basically the same team that when at its best can go 9th in PL.

Wilder got a team promoted to the PL with a side that cost like £5m from league one with no parachute money.

I understand if you dislike Wilder for how he left but to compare them managerially is beyond belief.
I like Wilder, he's 100% the best manager I've ever experienced as a Blade. I didn't really experience Dave Bassett as I was too young.

Wilder in his last 3 seasons has been a disaster though other than a stint for Boro where he nearly got them in the play-offs. His career is in decline and that's why it feels like a backwards move. If we're able to savage anything from this season you need a manager with momentum & new ideas to get us out of this mess (unrealistic that he'd come to us but Ipswich manager type). What we're witnessing at the moment is the exact same football as the final season under Wilder.

I beleive a team with Wes / Baldock / Bogle / Egan / Berge / Mcburnie / Ndiaye is pretty much a Dream team in the championship.

I beleive last season everyone bar Burnley would have swopped our teams with there’s.
I'm going to leave you to it

Back
Top Bottom