Good luck Chris

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No, we don't need 5 at the back as that leaves only 3 in midfield who are slow and immobile. We need 4 or 5 in midfield, so 4 at the back is a must. Half our problem has been playing 3 centre backs who get no protection from midfield, that and them playing too high up the pitch that anyone with pace can easily beat the offside trap and go on to score. Robinson and Trusty need to stay together with no one else. Certainly not Egan and Anel who have been awful this season.
Agree I meant to write we don't have the players to play five at the back. It'll be interesting to see his first line up. I'm not expecting anything from the Liverpool game but Brentford on Saturday will tell us more.

Not sure why luck has anything to do with owt.

It requires tactical astuteness, good man-management, and given how poor we've been at making substitutes, knowing that you don't wait until the 87th minute to make a difference.

Cant think of any manager that was sacked and then came back and did ok ? Anyone

Feel sorry for Hecky, but it is just not working.

Appointing Wilder has it's benefits even if he did leave through the back door last time. He knows the squad and how to play them. A new manager would try to change too quickly and we all know what happened with Slav - who is not a bad manager btw.

Make a change now and if CW does not get a positive response for the rest of the season then he gets one more go at promotion next year ( 1 year max) for me.

REALL REALLY pleased that the club is acting now - although it should have been done 6 games ago.

UTMB

Just out of curiosity... all thoughs against Wilder, do you believe we can get any worse than we are currently?
Short term, no. Medium to long term, YES!
I personally don't think he'll last to the end of this season and then there will be another multi-million pound pay off around our financial necks.
We never learn.
utb
PS - I sincerely hope I am completely wrong.

Is that the criteria for a new appointment?

Agree.....in an ideal world we should be going for an impressive up and coming your manager, planning for the future.

However don't think some of our fans are factoring in...that we aren't in an ideal situation.
When you appoint anyone you create a job spec first, agree what you want, then you can make the best decision.

Would imagine the job spec would be;
1: Someone quite cheap, willing to accept a shorter term contract....the problem with cheap is that all the targets tend to be much weaker.
2: Someone hungry, enthusiastic, willing to accept an almost impossible task wanting to win games.
3: We need a miracle to stay up, so it helps if we've seen that the new manager has performed miracles.
4: Someone with recent PL experience and who knows the club, the players and the fanbase regards what's required.
eg: Sheff Utd fans treat entertaining football as a bonus, however the bare minimum is fight, character and 100% effort.

Also the timing of an appointment is essential and to make sure a replacement is already lined up.

1: Realistically the season is close to being over....so if we brought in a new up and coming manager now, they would become psychologically damaged so they become an empty shell for the start of next season. If we want to plan for the future, then we don't go it with someone inexperienced now. We should wait until the storm has passed, so any new man starts on a level footing.

A factor regards Wilder that I like is that he'll be the most motivated manager in our history.
He was a God here a few year ago and now, incredibly his career is almost over, what a fall from grace.
This is his last chance at the big time, a chance for redemption...what a massive incentive he has.
Think his motivation, desire to succeed to prove people wrong will be an unstoppable force in that dressing room.
The players won't know what's hit them, they've had it too easy, for them it will be a case of sink or swim.

Last edited:
Agree.....in an ideal world we should be going for an impressive up and coming your manager, planning for the future.

However don't think some of our fans are factoring in...that we aren't in an ideal situation.
When you appoint anyone you create a job spec first, agree what you want, then you can make the best decision.

Would imagine the job spec would be;
1: Someone quite cheap, willing to accept a shorter term contract.
2: Someone hungry, enthusiastic, willing to accept an almost impossible task wanting to win games.
3: We need a miracle to stay up, so it helps if we've seen that the new manager has performed miracles.
4: Someone with recent PL experience and who knows the club and the fanbase regards what's required.
eg: Sheff Utd fans treat entertaining football as a bonus, however the bare minimum is fight, character and 100% effort.

Also the timing of an appointment is essential and to make sure a replacement is already lined up.

1: Realistically the season is close to being over....so if we brought in a new up and coming manager now, they would become psychologically damaged so they become an empty shell for the start of next season. If we want to plan for the future, then we don't do it with someone inexperienced now. We should wait until the storm has passed, so any new man starts on a level footing.
I agree, no way is anybody up and coming going to take it, it's a hiding to nothing job. CW might do as his options are limited, and might think he can re prove himself..very limited pool we are fishing in.

Have to admit I don’t like the idea of it either.

Just hoping it’s short term and he can stop the rot and put out respectable performances.

So again good luck Chris.

Indeed, if Wilder does come back in as anything other than a stop gap until the end of the season it's going to be a disastrous appointment

I wonder what his first after match interview will be like after Liverpool score 10.

"What sort of cheese was that"

"Chris Wilder is officially unveiled as manager of Sheffield United. Wilder has requested that his first game in charge will be against Brentford after the Liverpool hammering is out of the way!"

F*** off Wilder, spend yer £4m elsewhere.
Backward looking club, wilder decision will perpetuate the downward spiral.
If he was compensated in full when he left, maybe he'll be working for free now? ;) His last contract was running till July 2024.

1701688125285.png

The club could also just retweet the above?

How typically United replacing a manager who has been found out at this level with a manager who was found out at this level last time he was here.
FFS. Stop thinking we have any chance of staying up. This isn't about staying up. Alex Ferguson with Pep Guardiola as assistant manager and Jurgen Klopp and Jose Mourinho as coaches couldn't keep us up.

We ARE going down. FACT. Undisputed. Uncontested. Absolute. As certain as day is day and night is night and rain being wet.

Sacking Hecky is about turning around these sub standard horrendously unacceptable performances, and looking at next season and beyond.

Wilder will not keep us up. Warnock will not keep us up. Eustace will not keep u up. Allardice will not keep us up. I'll throw in my own suggestion, Carsley will not keep us up.

Chris Wilders speciality is turning around a club in chaos by the way. People forget that

What was the excuse for when he left then?

We were in chaos at that point, largely by his doing, but he fucked off anyway.

FWIW I’d be much happier about the rumours if he’d stayed with us in that season, but he showed his arrogance and true colours when he threw the club under the bus.

Wilders reasoning for a return is solely a selfish one. How do I know this? Well he's blurted it out in my company a couple of times in the past 3 months. He's struggling to get back into work or even to get shortlisted for decent jobs and says that by dropping back into S2, a club he knows inside out, with many staff / players he knows, bringing Billy back into the frame etc etc, it gives him a 3 months head start to get any kind of lift. And any kind of lift will raise his stock just like a Neil warnock effect. Says its win win for him and can't lose. Told him (like everyone else did) he's mad and to enjoy his retirement. His Ego will the make the decision.

If it is Wilder, it’ll end in tears, I don't even see how we’re even putting a team out against Liverpool.

He doesn’t like them there foreigners and won’t ever play the youth. (Excepting David Brookes)

What a typical penny pinching appointment by HRH, which I think will ultimately hit him in the wallet, Wilders stock couldn’t be any lower, he wouldnt touch us if it wasn’t.

At this rate HRH will be lucky to get his quid back!

Jobs fucked 🤷🏻‍♂️

Are we getting Knill?? I don't trust Wilder without Knill.

Can someone explain to me what the pros are for getting Wilder in besides referencing his last tenure?

I’m not being sarcastic, I just genuinely don’t see why he’s a good choice. We all remember how great the promotions and the first prem season were. But does anyone seriously think there’s a chance he can recreate that?

It just seems the argument is he was the best manager we ever had. But that ignores that this is a completely different context. People who are very pro-Wilder also just seem to dismiss his last season in charge and totally ignore his time at Watford and Boro.

Also people keep saying he knows the squad. Does he? This squad is significantly different and a lot of the key players from his time aren’t the same players anymore.

Cant think of any manager that was sacked and then came back and did ok ? Anyone
Nathan Jones at Luton and Eddie Howe, Bournemouth are the two who buck the trend for managers returning and doing well.
Was Wilder sacked first time around?
Thought it was his call and announced as mutual consent.

Fuck off Back Door Wilder, robbed SUFC blind and comes back for more. More of Fleck, Norwood and the rest of the past it shite. More 352, it will take more than a crate of Peroni to sort these wankers out. Plan B err he never had one.

A huge step backwards if this busted flush is re employed. Prince out.

If it is Wilder then that probably means new deals for half these turds that he signed instead of a clear out next summer. Hooray for more rudderless Norwood. Hooray for more McBurnie, the £17mil thug fraud with an abysmal goal scoring record.
Norwood was our best midfielder from August to Jan/Feb.

He, like others, might be struggling under the overall malaise but he would still be useful when we likely go down.

Not sure why luck has anything to do with owt.

It requires tactical astuteness, good man-management, and given how poor we've been at making substitutes, knowing that you don't wait until the 87th minute to make a difference.
With respect you can be as tactically astute with players that give a shit watch goals one and ,Two from Saturday players dangling a leg here and there and how can anyone explain Luke Thomas looked like me on a Sunday after 8 pints sat night. Utter dog shit

Norwood was our best midfielder from August to Jan/Feb.

He, like others, might be struggling under the overall malaise but he would still be useful when we likely go down.
No no and no in that order

Back
Top Bottom