First XI for Palace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Could we be a bit more adventurous and play Brooks instead of Osborn? Maybe Robbo at LWB and try to make use of his throw-ins? I can't see too many other options tbh.

The subs bench will be a laugh though!!!

Last edited:
Wes

Anel, Egan, Trusty,

Baldock, Slimane, Norwood, Osborn, Lowe,

Traore, Osula

Imagine starting a Premier League season with two twenty year olds upfront.

One who has never kicked a ball in English football and the other who was playing in League One last season.

It doesn't even seem possible but somehow we've managed it.

One who has never kicked a ball in English football and the other who was playing in League One last season.

I know it's a massive, massive longshot - but imagine if we win.

You know for a fact the Prince will come out bragging about how it was always the plan

Wes

Baldock (if still here)
Anel
Egan (if still here)
JLT
Lowe

Slimane
Berge (if still here)
Osborn

Jebbo (If still here)
Osula (if still here)

Traore and Trusty to start on the bench.

I include the if still here disclaimer as we’re now in the business of not standing in the way of high value assets that are in the last year of their contract and think getting something for them now is better than losing them for nothing so those players are also presumably for sale should a decent offer come in.

Given the outgoings and injuries I’ll revise my prediction.

Wes

Baldock
Anel
Egan
Trusty
Lowe

Slimane
Norwood
Osborn

Traore
Osula

That’s a very slow midfield and and very raw strike force. Think we all know it’ll be a real struggle.

Wes

Baldock
Anel
Egan
Trusty
Lowe

Slimane
Norwood
Osborn

Traore
Osula

That’s a very slow midfield and and very raw strike force. Think we all know it’ll be a real struggle.
Great minds think alike... oh wait, we haven't got much else to choose from anyway 🙈🤣

In all seriousness. Has there ever been a worse 11 put out in the PL?

It’s stunning how much better the side was last year. Baring the defence that’s not even a league 1 promotion side imo.
Some of the ones we put out in 20/21 would probably run it close, but not quite

In all seriousness. Has there ever been a worse 11 put out in the PL?

It’s stunning how much better the side was last year. Baring the defence that’s not even a league 1 promotion side imo.
Concurr with this…..just seen that Ross Barkley has signed for Luton, where are scouts looking and why are we not getting anyone over the line……utter shambles

Well at least we don't have the weight of expectation upon us.
BDTBL will be a bear pit on Saturday.
Just imagine (maybe that's all we can in reality do of course ) we get an early lead.
We can do this. Keep the faith.

Concurr with this…..just seen that Ross Barkley has signed for Luton, where are scouts looking and why are we not getting anyone over the line……utter shambles
I'm guessing we can't afford his wages.

Souza: “I know Sheffield, I saw the fans, the atmosphere here and it’s what I want to feel. I cannot wait”

Blades fans: 🎶 we’re fuckkkkking shiiiiit, we’re fuckkkkking shiiiit, we’re FUCKIN SHIT, we’re FUCKIN SHITTTTTTT”

Wes

Anel, Egan, Trusty,

Baldock, Slimane, Norwood, Osborn, Lowe,

Traore, Osula
Can’t argue with the team.
I’ll be cheering em to the rafters come Saturday, but how the hell have we got to this?It’s a frightening prospect.
And there are some on this forum, applauding and lauding our owners for what they’ve done to this club and team,in the close season.Beggars belief!

Wonder if the Prince will show his face on Sat like he did at the WBA game and the Wembley SF ? He loves the glory and the adulation .

Bet he daren’t - he is turning us into a laughing stock and turning what should be a magnificent occasion and promotion experience into a nightmare

Shame on him

Wes. Anel. Egan. Trusty. Baldock. Slimane. Norwood. Souza. Ozzie. Osula. Traore. Am presuming that souza will be straight in and hoping for a new striker. What's the cut off time for getting new players signed and available for kick off?

Wes

Baldock
Anel
Egan
Trusty
Lowe

Slimane
Norwood
Osborn

Traore
Osula

If he wants to include Souza, it could be:

Wes

Baldock Ahmedhodzic Egan Trusty Lowe

Slimane Norwood Souza Osborn

Osula

Not looking great either.

If he wants to include Souza, it could be:

Wes

Baldock Ahmedhodzic Egan Trusty Lowe

Slimane Norwood Souza Osborn

Osula

Not looking great either.
I like the Souza addition Bergen but looking at his stats he’s going to need players alongside him to progress the ball up the pitch either carrying the ball or with progressive passing. That midfield would put a lot on Norwood’s shoulders to get us going.

I like the Souza addition Bergen but looking at his stats he’s going to need players alongside him to progress the ball up the pitch either carrying the ball or with progressive passing. That midfield would put a lot on Norwood’s shoulders to get us going.
True, I wouldn't expect great football from that team. Hecky will have to decide if we're going to try to attack and dominate teams, or if we have a better chance focusing on defending, and hope to nick a goal from a set piece or a break.

True, I wouldn't expect great football from that team. Hecky will have to decide if we're going to try to attack and dominate teams, or if we have a better chance focusing on defending, and hope to nick a goal from a set piece or a break.
I think the plan against Palace will likely be pretty archaic get it hit long into the channels and try and turn them round. Hopefully there will be a couple of new CM’s through the door to give us the option of playing a more balanced style

If osula doesn't fall over his own feet he will cause them some issues. Although guehi and Andersan are very good CBS. If he can occupy them and maybe give some opportunity for our creative players.... Erm Osborn, slimane, traore 😭 maybe we could grind a 1-0 from a set piece.

I'm intrigued to see what the plan is for Saturday. We have precious little by way of attacking threat available, don't have the players to dominate possession and hold the ball, so our best bet is going to be try and counter and at least with Osula & Traore we have a little bit of pace in the team. I'd be tempted to put Larouchi in too to add a little more dynamism too, so with that in mind I'd go for:

Foderingham

Baldock
Anel
Egan
Robinson
Larouchi

Norwood
Souza
Slimane

Traore
Osula

I think if we play Larouchi we need to keep Robinson in for now as a whole new left side of the defence isn't ideal. That's at least a solid midfield 3, if uninspiring. Norwood & Souza can sit and hopefully Slimane has the legs to get forward to support the attackers. Would need Baldock & Larouchi to help us get up the pitch quickly when the opportunity is there.

Back
Top Bottom