First XI for Palace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Rodley

Reaction score
Got to try and move things forward now. Looking at the squad and availability, we’re light up front until players return from injury and new signings come in. Working on the basis Trusty is signing in accordance with El Accounto’s tweet…

GK Wes
LWB Lowe
LCB JLT
CB Egan
RCB Anel
RWB Baldock
LCM Anis
RCM Berge
CDM Norwood
Number 10 Osborn
STR Osula

Subs…Traore, Brooks, etc

We’re light up front we all know that - Jebbison is injured apparently, Traore hasn’t trained thus far and I’m hesitant to throw him in with limited experience. I’d shape up 5-4-1 with Osborn as the attacking midfielder, but capable of dropping into midfield outside of possession. You’re going to get a shift out of him and at least he has some experience and nous. Try and get a goal as a set piece.

Short term deal for Billy looks a no brainer

Weirdly I was just thinking this, one last game for a final hurrah?

Like Moeen Ali being called back into the England cricket fold as an SOS, there's worse ideas and I'm sure he wouldn't say no.

That 11 Is closure to relegation from the championship than promotion.

Bit of a joke how we’ve had months to plan this and are going to be starting 2 players people want out of the the squad completely and we know aren’t good enough m in lowe and Osborn and a completely unproven osula up top - (who would be out on loan at a serious club.)

Time for the recruitment team to wake up and sort something out in the next week. It could all be so different with some genuine urgency.

The mood wouldn’t be that hard to turn around - couple of new boys in and everything starts to look that bit more promising

Wes

Anel
Egan
Trusty

Baldock
Berge
Norwood
Slimane
Osborn

Traore
Osula

Jesus Christ 😆 (Not including Injured players and ON is back Saturday.

If only 1 is coming in, and assuming it's Trusty then I think we have no option but to go with this, and that's also assuming that McBurnie is fit.

Admittedly it's not amazing at the moment, but I also think the defence will be ok, and we are perhaps a decent CDM and another forward away from being competitive.

More reinforcments in midfield will be needed though.

—-------------------------------------------------Foderingham—----------------------------------------------
—-------------------Ahmedhodzic—--------------Egan—--------------Robinson/Trusty—-------------
–Baldock—--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Lowe--–
—---------------------------------------Norwood—--------------Slimane—----------------------------------
—-----------------------------------------------------Berge--—--------------------------------------------------
—---------------------------------------Traore—----------------McBurnie—----------------------------------

Subs:
Davies
Bash
Bogle
Robinson/Trusty
Larouci
Osborn
Osula

Wes

Baldock (if still here)
Anel
Egan (if still here)
JLT
Lowe

Slimane
Berge (if still here)
Osborn

Jebbo (If still here)
Osula (if still here)

Traore and Trusty to start on the bench.

I include the if still here disclaimer as we’re now in the business of not standing in the way of high value assets that are in the last year of their contract and think getting something for them now is better than losing them for nothing so those players are also presumably for sale should a decent offer come in.

Got to try and move things forward now. Looking at the squad and availability, we’re light up front until players return from injury and new signings come in. Working on the basis Trusty is signing in accordance with El Accounto’s tweet…

GK Wes
LWB Lowe
LCB JLT
CB Egan
RCB Anel
RWB Baldock
LCM Anis
RCM Berge
CDM Norwood
Number 10 Osborn
STR Osula

Subs…Traore, Brooks, etc

We’re light up front we all know that - Jebbison is injured apparently, Traore hasn’t trained thus far and I’m hesitant to throw him in with limited experience. I’d shape up 5-4-1 with Osborn as the attacking midfielder, but capable of dropping into midfield outside of possession. You’re going to get a shift out of him and at least he has some experience and nous. Try and get a goal as a set piece.
Palace will be shitting themselves looking at that line up.

Assuming Traore lands this week and Trusty signs.....

Wes, Baldock, Anel, Egan, Trusty/JR, Lowe,
Slimane, Norwood,
Berge,
Traore/McBurnie, Osula

McBurnie doesn't seem to be fit at present. Brewster's only just back and Jebbison is injured.

I think it's fair to say that in defence we are looking OK with Trusty signing.

But midfield and forwards look like a distinct lack of quality and depth of quality at present.....
And it sounds like that might not change before Palace.

Wes

Baldock (if still here)
Anel
Egan (if still here)
JLT
Lowe

Slimane
Berge (if still here)
Osborn

Jebbo (If still here)
Osula (if still here)

I include the if still here disclaimer as we’re now in the business of not standing in the way of high value assets that are in the last year of their contract and think getting something for them now is better than losing them for nothing so those players are also presumably for sale should a decent offer come in.
Radical idea but.... we could offer them new deals.

Realise that Berge has already made his intentions clear but the others!

Does seem to fly in the face of what I might start calling "project 2024".

Assuming Traore lands this week and Trusty signs.....

Wes, Baldock, Anel, Egan, Trusty/JR, Lowe,
Slimane, Norwood,
Berge,
Traore/McBurnie, Osula

McBurnie doesn't seem to be fit at present. Brewster's only just back and Jebbison is injured.

I think it's fair to say that in defence we are looking OK with Trusty signing.

But midfield and forwards look like a distinct lack of quality and depth of quality at present.....
And it sounds like that might not change before Palace.
What a cluster fuck we are, get promoted and start season with a worse side than we left championship with🤦‍♂️

Radical idea but.... we could offer them new deals.

Realise that Berge has already made his intentions clear but the others!

Does seem to fly in the face of what I might start calling "project 2024".
It’ll never catch on Egan and Baldock don’t have the magical resale value now they’re too old and well we’ll be “negotiating hard” with the two young lads

It’ll never catch on Egan and Baldock don’t have the magical resale value now they’re too old and well we’ll be “negotiating hard” with the two young lads
Hopefully they haven't got Ndiaye's agent or we're fucked. He must be really big and scary.

Wes

Baldock (if still here)
Anel
Egan (if still here)
JLT
Lowe

Slimane
Berge (if still here)
Osborn

Jebbo (If still here)
Osula (if still here)

Jebbo is out injured for a few weeks

Jebbo is out injured for a few weeks
That kills that one then come on down Louie Marsh. It would be a massive moment for him a boyhood blade and I hope he’s given the support he deserves given the situation.

Osborn and Osula shouldn't really be in a Premier League squad, never mind the starting 11. This has become an absolute joke of a pre-season.

What makes it worse is that we have a fairly easy start to the season where we could have picked up points. Anyone we do bring in before the end of the window won't even be available for it.

GK Wes
LWB Lowe
LCB JLT
CB Egan
RCB Anel
RWB Baldock
LCM Anis
RCM Berge
CDM Norwood
Number 10 Osborn
STR Osula

Subs…Traore, Brooks, etc

I think that is pretty much how we line up if Trusty is the only further signing. The only thing I think would be different given its home and first game, is that Slimane and Osborn would be parallel as attacking mids, rather than one behind the striker.

Given the use of both 3-5-2 and 3-4-2-1 last season I reckon we'll go with something like this.

3-5-2
Wes
Anel, Egan, Trusty*
Baldock, Berge, Norwood, Slimane, Lowe*
Osula, Traore

Alternate between Lowe/Larouci and Trusty/JLT depending on who gets the start

3-4-2-1
Wes
Anel, Egan, Trusty*
Baldock, Norwood, Berge* Lowe*
Slimane, Osborn*
Osula*

A bit more freedom to alter players for positions on this one, perhaps swap Berge for Osborn and play Harrison Neal/V Souza (if we can sign him) alongside Norwood, or perhaps keep Berge alongside Norwood and give Marsh a chance alongside Slimane as a CAM.

Edit: Alternate between Traore and Osula in this one as well. Depends who is better playing as a lone striker supported by 2 No. 10's as opposed to playing together as a strike partnership.

We're going to get annihalated most weeks.

Then, what if the Sniper decides to come out to play too?

FFS Princeh, Board, this is embarrassing.

We're going to get annihalated most weeks.

Then, what if the Sniper decides to come out to play too?

FFS Princeh, Board, this is embarrassing.

I've always seen you as one of the more cheery Blades on this site, if you're like this then it justifies anyone's (footballing) misery!

Back
Top Bottom