Fans today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yawn,yawn never seen you put a slightly intelligent post on yet to provoke.A sad sack of shit coming onto another teams forum with pathetic comments,go back to your crayoning

Hi Stegosaurus here

The sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isosceles triangle is equal to the square root of the remaining side!

Anyone stay in Hull on the lash? We ended up in the “old town”, which I thought was a joke, but had a top night. Some real top boozers there, and loads of real ale for us “leather patch” types.

Seriousy, Hull - who’d have thought it? 😂🍻
Hull is a superb place for a drink. Lots of places to suit everyone. The Humber Street locale, and the Humber Dock Marina are lovely. I'm catching up on a Blog Backlog, but I'll be Blogging about the bars & beers in Hull later today I think.

Last game of the old kop was Norwich iirc. The roof had already been removed. The big flags & balloons made an appearance. The wind whipped all the balloons backwards out of the ground and some poor old dear on shoreham street would’ve been shocked to have 1,000’s of red & white balloons in her garden.

Something else happened that game, but can’t remember; possibly a topless pitch invader or something to do with Tony Agana.

Thems were great seasons, kids. The trainers were the same, but the music and times were better than now & the sun always shone. I remember it being ecstasy.
My memories are hazy too much ecstasy 🤔

Reactions: Dkc
I remember that, she ran out of the kop topless as Agana or Deano was running down the wing from our half ( kop end), she ran down the touchline, jumped into Harry's lap and gave him facefull of Superbap sandwich.
Think it was Agana...as he ran down the wing just kept watching all this happening, whilst still dribbling the ball.
Was this not against Aston villa

Yeah it was on the cover of the green un that night.

2-1?? didn’t gage gift us a goal?
I know we won but can't remember the score , I was 11 at the time and stood down at the front of the kop with other young blades and my slightly older sister when these beautiful bouncing breast appeared and made a be line for Tony Agana, my sister tried to put her hands over my eyes but it was to late I'd already seen enough to have these lovely mamaray glands etched in to my mind forever

11th May 1991. ☀️🎈🇵🇪🤱

1575635193954-png.66060

What times dinner bell I'm hank Marvin

Didn’t realise that, I don’t get to many away games, so presumably there are less dickheads for the big ones when you need loads of points?
No at those there's the older lads and lasses who enjoy a good time ,

Hull is a superb place for a drink. Lots of places to suit everyone. The Humber Street locale, and the Humber Dock Marina are lovely. I'm catching up on a Blog Backlog, but I'll be Blogging about the bars & beers in Hull later today I think.
How do I find your blog Phil?

I’m the same as you, boy is 11 and I won’t take him to an away match Shit isn’t it. ALL clubs should have a section where home and away fans (families) can sit together without the risk of these wankers spoiling it..

anyone wanting a scrap should have one on the pitch, half time ‘entertainment’ or on the pitch at the end
My youngest lad (8) is really getting into it now, I’ve not even had to force him into it. He’s been coming to the home games this season and keeps asking to go away but I won’t take him. Over the last few years it’s just got worse and worse with the wannabe hooligans who couldn’t fight their way out of a paper bag, all on shite drugs etc.

Sad.

I’m the same as you, boy is 11 and I won’t take him to an away match Shit isn’t it. ALL clubs should have a section where home and away fans (families) can sit together without the risk of these wankers spoiling it..

anyone wanting a scrap should have one on the pitch, half time ‘entertainment’ or on the pitch at the end
This is really sad to hear from yourself and Birdwell Blade

I’ve personally seen a great improvement over recent years both home and away with bother, it’s certainly not on the level of the 80’s, 90’s and early 00’s. But if you’re taking kids then you want it to be 100% free of trouble and safe. I get that.

Yesterday highlighted the stewarding and policing approach. Extremely stand off. Even when clear offences were being committed inside the ground, there was little or no reaction from the people there supposed to be protecting innocent fans on both sides.

I don’t like heavy handed policing but for police in the ground taking no action wasn’t good enough. But the police also did a job in stopping the trouble escalating too far.

But I’d also say that I don’t worry about going to pubs before games, most fans mix and have a chat. Walking to and from the game I saw no bother and where I was stood there was high spirits behind the goal as it was away from the home fans, so where possible pick your seats in a central area away from home fans and the usual nonsense.

Come on all you preachy types - What really matters at a football game is which set of chavs is the hardest.

And the best way to prove this is by anonymously launching missiles indiscriminately in the general direction of the opposing chavs / families / whoever.

As a fall back, it is important to adopt the arms out stance and shout 'Come on then', safe in the knowledge that rows of covered seats, stewards and police will stop the other hard boys from getting any where near you.

Outside the ground, before and after the match remember to adopt a pack, bully mentality, intimidating as many people as possible to show that your city / town is the best.
That sounds like Leeds my West Yorkshire friend?

This is really sad to hear from yourself and Birdwell Blade

I’ve personally seen a great improvement over recent years both home and away with bother, it’s certainly not on the level of the 80’s, 90’s and early 00’s. But if you’re taking kids then you want it to be 100% free of trouble and safe. I get that.

Yesterday highlighted the stewarding and policing approach. Extremely stand off. Even when clear offences were being committed inside the ground, there was little or no reaction from the people there supposed to be protecting innocent fans on both sides.

I don’t like heavy handed policing but for police in the ground taking no action wasn’t good enough. But the police also did a job in stopping the trouble escalating too far.

But I’d also say that I don’t worry about going to pubs before games, most fans mix and have a chat. Walking to and from the game I saw no bother and where I was stood there was high spirits behind the goal as it was away from the home fans, so where possible pick your seats in a central area away from home fans and the usual nonsense.
Pubs don’t bother me, I’ve had great times in away boozers with supporters mixing etc. It’s more in the ground, you’re just at the mercy of those around you. It’s not so much the opposition fans I worry about, it’s being unlucky enough to have tickets near a group of dickheads who don’t give a fuck about anyone but themselves.

I wouldn’t mind if I was there without kids, you can deal with it in your own way. However when you’ve got kids with you it’s a different story.

My dad took us all over from being 11/12 years old. Saw plenty of goings on but never directly affected us. Not sure if we were just lucky. That was 20+ years ago and it seems a lot different nowadays. The young lads on away days simply do not give a fuck about fellow blades.

Seen a comment on twitter today "Football fighting in the stadium and on the terraces are back. Youngsters today are really getting an idea of what living in the 80s with a Tory government was like..."

Fair comment I suppose.

Pubs don’t bother me, I’ve had great times in away boozers with supporters mixing etc. It’s more in the ground, you’re just at the mercy of those around you. It’s not so much the opposition fans I worry about, it’s being unlucky enough to have tickets near a group of dickheads who don’t give a fuck about anyone but themselves.

I wouldn’t mind if I was there without kids, you can deal with it in your own way. However when you’ve got kids with you it’s a different story.

My dad took us all over from being 11/12 years old. Saw plenty of goings on but never directly affected us. Not sure if we were just lucky. That was 20+ years ago and it seems a lot different nowadays. The young lads on away days simply do not give a fuck about fellow blades.
Mate each to their own and I havent got an 11 year old son so I’m in no position to comment and clearly everyone wants to protect their children but ( and this is a genuine question so please dont take it the wrong way) would most 11-12 year old lads give a shit if they saw a group of older lads playing up?

I used to go all over the country at that age and never once got worried about anything going on around me and that included all the bricks etc flying backwards and forwards on that open end at Bradford in the 4th division.

This isn’t a big I am message please don’t think it is but I can only talk about my own experiences at that age.

I took my then 7yo to Millwall away in the Cup 2 seasons ago. He loved it and we had a good day out. To be fair the police manage Millwall games very well these days. In my experience most away games are safe and the problems at Hull are down to stupid lack of segregation and poor stewarding (not excusing the morons on both sides who go looking for trouble). Sounding my age now but football aggro these days is child’s play compared with the 1970s.

Mate each to their own and I havent got an 11 year old son so I’m in no position to comment and clearly everyone wants to protect their children but ( and this is a genuine question so please dont take it the wrong way) would most 11-12 year old lads give a shit if they saw a group of older lads playing up?

I used to go all over the country at that age and never once got worried about anything going on around me and that included all the bricks etc flying backwards and forwards on that open end at Bradford in the 4th division.

This isn’t a big I am message please don’t think it is but I can only talk about my own experiences at that age.
No I do get it. My 8 year old is quite timid though. He loves it at home games because it’s familiar, we can sit where we know it won’t be too rowdy for him, we don’t have the risk of shit being thrown at us and so on. He can get in the bog.

At the end of the day football is a working class game and always has been. We know it’s not all prawn sandwiches and polite applause. I’m not that naive. I just think it’s sad that I don’t feel it’s safe to take my lads.

Growing up in the south, in the 90's my dad would take me to the closer games ie. Portsmouth, Reading, Swindon, Oxford, and not once did I experience any trouble/violence/thrown objects etc. Loads of banter in the crowds but that's it. I wouldn't say you were lucky to avoid it, it just didn't seem to happen as often.

Similar to nights out in town, they've changed massively since coke became cheap and available

Growing up in the south, in the 90's my dad would take me to the closer games ie. Portsmouth, Reading, Swindon, Oxford, and not once did I experience any trouble/violence/thrown objects etc. Loads of banter in the crowds but that's it. I wouldn't say you were lucky to avoid it, it just didn't seem to happen as often.

Similar to nights out in town, they've changed massively since coke became cheap and available

Pompey used to be a mare to visit in the late 70’s/80’s.

Anyone stay in Hull on the lash? We ended up in the “old town”, which I thought was a joke, but had a top night. Some real top boozers there, and loads of real ale for us “leather patch” types.

Seriousy, Hull - who’d have thought it? 😂🍻
My stomping ground from Uni and have many fond memries of Ye Old White Harte, The Black Boy, Manny Arms, Blue Bell, Green Bricks, Minerva. All lovely boozers alcoblade. Did you find your way into any of these?

Hi Stegosaurus here

The sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isosceles triangle is equal to the square root of the remaining side!

And the crowd for any Wednesday game is a fictional number multiplied by the square root of another fictional number, stirred in with a couple of doses of deludamol.

The result is always the same.

MASSIVE.

Back
Top Bottom