Fans today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blades logic: Some of our fans are never happy unless they can find something to moan about. When my Dad used to go back in the 70's, he said there used to be a group of fans sat a few rows behind him on the Kop who used to practice their booing before the match started and would be moaning about this and that for the whole game.
I don’t think seats were installed on the kop in the 70’s. Probably sometime in the 80’s after the all seater laws came in.

Every club from Manchester United to Mansfield town has their set of knuckle daggers. I see it before every home game - groups of 2/3 going into a cubicle to get coked up before Peterborough at home for gods sake. Its very sad and a bit pathetic
Aye
But it would explain the (chemically) improved performances from Fleck Norwood & Osborn😳

Blades logic: Some of our fans are never happy unless they can find something to moan about. When my Dad used to go back in the 70's, he said there used to be a group of fans sat a few rows behind him on the Kop who used to practice their booing before the match started and would be moaning about this and that for the whole game.
People who boo are tramps with a long term inactive sex life.
I actually did a poll on this and found 93.3% only have one set of clothes too.
The public order act - section 5 subsection 11 paragraph 4 actually states that "punching people who boo isn't a prosecutable offence if the act is carried out inside a sporting arena".
Im not even shitting you. Honest.

I took my 2 nephews to the Peterborough game, as we walked back to the car they said how quite it was, yes I says, no one got anything to grumble about, they looked back at me with looks of disbelief

My youngest lad (8) is really getting into it now, I’ve not even had to force him into it. He’s been coming to the home games this season and keeps asking to go away but I won’t take him. Over the last few years it’s just got worse and worse with the wannabe hooligans who couldn’t fight their way out of a paper bag, all on shite drugs etc.

Sad.
How the hell are they getting tickets? Given the points system you’d have thought they’d be way down.

People who boo are tramps with a long term inactive sex life.
I actually did a poll on this and found 93.3% only have one set of clothes too.
The public order act - section 5 subsection 11 paragraph 4 actually states that "punching people who boo isn't a prosecutable offence if the act is carried out inside a sporting arena".
Im not even shitting you. Honest.
That can't be right because I never boo.

That's right, it's quite normal to see a flare hit a young girl in the face.
Yep. Flare hit her at full speed on the head. Incredibly she didn’t have a mark on her because as she, her family and the Star claimed, she was saved because the flare hit the owl badge on her bobble hat. I believed every word of that story.

Yep. Flare hit her at full speed on the head. Incredibly she didn’t have a mark on her because as she, her family and the Star claimed, she was saved because the flare hit the owl badge on her bobble hat. I believed every word of that story.
Yeah, the flare was fired into the crowd (stupid thing to do), but the rhetoric after was that a blades fan deliberately fired a flare into a young uns face (obvious lie).

Thankfully no one was hurt.

Last game of the old kop was Norwich iirc. The roof had already been removed. The big flags & balloons made an appearance. The wind whipped all the balloons backwards out of the ground and some poor old dear on shoreham street would’ve been shocked to have 1,000’s of red & white balloons in her garden.

Something else happened that game, but can’t remember; possibly a topless pitch invader or something to do with Tony Agana.

Thems were great seasons, kids. The trainers were the same, but the music and times were better than now & the sun always shone. I remember it being ecstasy.

Last edited:
Come on all you preachy types - What really matters at a football game is which set of chavs is the hardest.

And the best way to prove this is by anonymously launching missiles indiscriminately in the general direction of the opposing chavs / families / whoever.

As a fall back, it is important to adopt the arms out stance and shout 'Come on then', safe in the knowledge that rows of covered seats, stewards and police will stop the other hard boys from getting any where near you.

Outside the ground, before and after the match remember to adopt a pack, bully mentality, intimidating as many people as possible to show that your city / town is the best.

G

I know the girls Dad. She was hit on the forehead and she had a small red mark. I saw the photo. He got a bit giddy thinking he could sue the club at one point.
We were sat about five rows in front of where the flare was fired from. One of the two arrested became something of a “face” later but seems to have kept a lower profile after picking on the wrong person after a derby game at the Sty.

In the ground there were sizeable groups of utter dick heads in both camps. I was sat on the same side as the clashes, and it was just idiotic. You could tell with how the home seats has sold that plenty of Hull fans want to be as close as possible to. the away end, but most of the throwing things seemed to be instigated by the away fans. Hull fans did throw a flare out way, but it was quickly launched back.

In the typical fashion of plastic hardmen, I can't say I saw any trouble at all outside of the safety of the stadium. Which is obviously a good thing, but does highlight the stupidity of it all.

Taunting the home end for 90 minutes isn't my thing, but I did laugh my head off when their goal got disallowed. Took them so, so long to realise.

How the hell are they getting tickets? Given the points system you’d have thought they’d be way down.
Wasn’t aware that the points system had a fuckwit algorithm
I’d always assumed it functioned by aggregating £ spent on tickets🤔😉
+ always tickets washing around from folk that know folk in / around the club- or ((even?) less ‘legitimate’ methods of gaining entry

Some of their lot were making a real show of themselves after we scored. Lots of “hold me back lads”…especially some really tragic blokes in their 40s and 50s

Thought it would be a bit “tasty” after the game but had a steady walk back through the park and a swift pint after without any bother.

Looking forward to the day when I can start taking my kids to away games but based on yesterday’s evidence that won’t be any time soon.

G

I know the girls Dad. She was hit on the forehead and she had a small red mark. I saw the photo. He got a bit giddy thinking he could sue the club at one point.
We were sat about five rows in front of where the flare was fired from. One of the two arrested became something of a “face” later but seems to have kept a lower profile after picking on the wrong person after a derby game at the Sty.
You don’t end up with a small red mark if you get hit with a flare flying at the speed that one did. As I said at the outset I don’t condone it, I was commenting on the ludicrous over reaction to it. And also remembering fondly the atmosphere G and H block used to create.

Back
Top Bottom