FA cup semi final - not going

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

When people ask why no investors with serious money decide to buy this club just point them to this thread, I'm shocked at the negativity on display the team deserve much better support than this.

Joking aside, any investor who's good with money will know the financial situation and see the bigger picture. I'm on the fence in regards to going just because I've got bigger commitments which my money is going on at this moment in time.

No-one should feel they must buy a ticket if their finances mean they'll be stretching the budget, and no-one should be made to feel inferior because they chose against buying a ticket. (That's not directed at you metalblade)

Quite a few regular attenders I know, have said to me they are not going to the semi-final, for various reasons. I can't imagine not going.
Come on Blades, we don't want to be embarrassed with a poor turn-out.
I was thinking of coming back but a quick glance at flight prices and 2 nights in a hotel near Heathrow has cooled my enthusiasm
plus if we are getting a lesson I can turn it off

Sales are down since "Thirdies" started getting released. For the semi final i'd priced up a nice run of 38 halfies and i was getting em made for 20p a go in the sweatshop of a well known crustacean fella from here.

But then i see that a rival has brought out "Thirdies" - Blades-ManCity/Wednesday because as we all know, all Man City fans love the pigs. I was also waiting for the date to be confirmed so i could put that but oh no, these "Thirdies" come with an Iron on 2 and 3 which you stick on your self.

Sweatshop is such an ugly phrase.

True, but ugly……

Brilliant for our younger fans whose expectation may be low for the result but high for the experience. My jaundiced one eye memory of past failures is one of agonising disappointment and miserable aftermath , as I don’t know how anyone can enjoy losing any match at Wembley. Maybe it’s just me…

Last edited:
I’ll go out of habit. Wembley hardly excites me though. Mixture of bad memories, expense and people around me who don’t go to matches now expecting to be accommodated for this game.

I’ll go out of habit. Wembley hardly excites me though. Mixture of bad memories, expense and people around me who don’t go to matches now expecting to be accommodated for this game.

Seen quite a few now saying how wembley is expensive, apart from the ticket price being more it's just the same as milwall or palace away really. You don't need hotel rooms and mass amounts of alcohol to enjoy 90 minutes of football.

Seen quite a few now saying how wembley is expensive, apart from the ticket price being more it's just the same as milwall or palace away really. You don't need hotel rooms and mass amounts of alcohol to enjoy 90 minutes of football.
I'll be having some alcohol, but I definitely won't be smashed, just too much to drive back so Hotel it is.

Each to their own, but we always like to stop over and drive back the next day.

You are correct though, none of that is needed but in proportion it can still be a decent memory and experience.

Anyway, nailed on 0-0 after 120 mins. Wes to sky his pen over the stand and into the car park for us to lose 11-10 on penalties.... lump it on 💵👍😉

Map of the ground from the Brighton website. Some bargain prices. I mean, that view from the blue seats at the back of the lower tier behind the goal for a mere £65 is to die for. Imagine how good they'd be if you could also see the other end?

View attachment 156768
The light blue seats (say around 138, 139 or 128, 129) rows 38 (ish) or above are superb. My preferred (or equivalent) seats in Wembley. For England games, I always try for 106, 107 - row 40 or above. For England games, those are £25. So, it is a bit disappointing to see the equivalent at £65.

Wembley is a spacious, you get what you pay for, modern stadium. There really isn't a "bad" seat in the house. Just "distant" at worse.

Do you reckon everyone will be able to get tickets? I need to sort passports, flight tickets and hotel but won't bother looking into it before I know if I get tickets.

I promised my son that we would go. But it turns out the whole trip will cost much more than I anticipated so I won't cry if we miss it. :( :D

Do you reckon everyone will be able to get tickets? I need to sort passports, flight tickets and hotel but won't bother looking into it before I know if I get tickets.

I promised my son that we would go. But it turns out the whole trip will cost much more than I anticipated so I won't cry if we miss it. :( :D
Your son might cry though.

#unfitfather
#childline

No they won't. If you are implying that we'll win, then at best you are just fooling yourself. If you honestly believe it, then you've not watched much of either us or Man City this season.

Realistically for us, it's about keeping the score to 4 or less, and picking up no injuries. I'm not so sad as to live to regret not paying £100 to watch us lose 3-0 to Citeh at Wembley, with them having 70% possession stats. The gulf between our best 11 and their 2nd string/3rd string mix would be too big, between us and their 2nd massive and between us and their first 11 embarrassing.
This is just ludicrous.

We have numerous players capable of playing at PL, a division in which City have failed to win around a third of their games.

Everyone said we couldn’t stay up and without covid, we probably finish in Europe.

They only beat us 1-0 twice last season when we were rubbish.

A potentially better Man City team lost to League One Wigan in the cup. This Man City team lost 2-0 to Southampton.

It comes in the middle of two way more important games for them.

I’m not saying we will win, but to say we have absolutely no chance is just silly.

Realistically if Man City want to turn it on/up it will be a case of damage limitations.

However given this semi final is sandwiched between them playing Bayern away in Champions League and Arsenal in the PL.
If they are still in the hunt for PL title they will no doubt rotate some players.

They will deffo have vast amounts of possession but they might have an off day converting chances. And there is always a small chance if that is the case.

They lost to Southampton this season in the cup, and have lost a few other matches too. It will be a 100-1 type of match but it's not unheard of.
agree with all of this, except the 100/1 part.

We are around 10/1 at the bookies and with good reason.

This is just ludicrous.

We have numerous players capable of playing at PL, a division in which City have failed to win around a third of their games.

Everyone said we couldn’t stay up and without covid, we probably finish in Europe.

They only beat us 1-0 twice last season when we were rubbish.

A potentially better Man City team lost to League One Wigan in the cup. This Man City team lost 2-0 to Southampton.

It comes in the middle of two way more important games for them.

I’m not saying we will win, but to say we have absolutely no chance is just silly.
Yes, some positivity !!

Everton managed to hold them at the Etihad in December with Lampard in charge.
Tottenham beat them last month and we were able to beat Tottenham.
Forest held them at the City Ground.
Bristol City, considerably shitter than United only conceded 3 to them.

It's a tough ask, but as you say, sandwiched between Bayern Munich away and Arsenal at home, we may see some rested players.

We will have to be at 120% all of us, players and fans.

Flip side of course is that they put 7 past Leipzig and 6 past Burnley in the space of 4 days.

Yeah true. I spent a fortune at Millwall so expense is not really a valid point.

Yeah true. I spent a fortune at Millwall so expense is not really a valid point.

If a parent took 2x under 16s to Millwall, ticket costs were £49 in total.

-to take those 2x kids to Wembley, the absolute CHEAPEST possible outlay is £70 - sitting on the back of the 3rd tier.
-Front of top tier = £115
-Bottom tier behind goal = £175
-Bottom tier on side = £220

I'd say it's a VERY valid point.

For a single adult ticket it's not a massive difference. The concession pricing is an absolute joke.

You're getting back from the game how exactly?
Me and a friend are sharing fuel and already pre-booked our parking. Will be around £40 each. Failing this I would have pre-booked the national express for around £20 return plus tube and tram fare.

Yes, some positivity !!

Everton managed to hold them at the Etihad in December with Lampard in charge.
Tottenham beat them last month and we were able to beat Tottenham.
Forest held them at the City Ground.
Bristol City, considerably shitter than United only conceded 3 to them.

It's a tough ask, but as you say, sandwiched between Bayern Munich away and Arsenal at home, we may see some rested players.

We will have to be at 120% all of us, players and fans.

Flip side of course is that they put 7 past Leipzig and 6 past Burnley in the space of 4 days.
Good post and basically sums up what the more positive are thinking - it’s unlikely, but can still go either way.

Anyone who thinks we will definitely lose is the same as anyone who thinks we will definitely win - they can’t have watched much football.

Back
Top Bottom