FA cup semi final - not going

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Think I’ll follow a similar strategy to what Beans outlined on Bladespod last week. Cheap ticket = more money for beer. He rightly said if we do get battered a good view is far from an important issue and if we somehow win, you won’t care/will be glad of the savings for the final.

Quite a few regular attenders I know, have said to me they are not going to the semi-final, for various reasons. I can't imagine not going.
Come on Blades, we don't want to be embarrassed with a poor turn-out.
I'm not going. Seen enough Semis and playoffs to warrant the flight plus ticket. I'll only pay obscene amounts if we make the final.

Worth £80 just to see Dozy introduced to the fans just before kick off.

We will still sell out so who cares, those that choose not to go might live to regret it.

No they won't. If you are implying that we'll win, then at best you are just fooling yourself. If you honestly believe it, then you've not watched much of either us or Man City this season.

Realistically for us, it's about keeping the score to 4 or less, and picking up no injuries. I'm not so sad as to live to regret not paying £100 to watch us lose 3-0 to Citeh at Wembley, with them having 70% possession stats. The gulf between our best 11 and their 2nd string/3rd string mix would be too big, between us and their 2nd massive and between us and their first 11 embarrassing.

Assuming you can afford to go and can go I'm not sure why peeps are even questioning it.

If you look at our history we've been fortunate in the past 40 years to have got to now 5 semi finals in that period in time.
Sadly we haven't got to the final, but aside from 1993 we've been a 2nd tier club each time we've got there.

Who knows when our next one will be because some clubs go an awful long time between these occasions, we could wait 30 years after this for another....

I mean take Leeds for instance. Last semi final was 1987.
Them up road last appearance was vs. us of course in 93.

If we pull off the unthinkable (highly, highly unlikely) those that are skipping the semi final, will be absolutely desperate to get to the final.

No they won't. If you are implying that we'll win, then at best you are just fooling yourself. If you honestly believe it, then you've not watched much of either us or Man City this season.

Realistically for us, it's about keeping the score to 4 or less, and picking up no injuries. I'm not so sad as to live to regret not paying £100 to watch us lose 3-0 to Citeh at Wembley, with them having 70% possession stats. The gulf between our best 11 and their 2nd string/3rd string mix would be too big, between us and their 2nd massive and between us and their first 11 embarrassing.
Realistically if Man City want to turn it on/up it will be a case of damage limitations.

However given this semi final is sandwiched between them playing Bayern away in Champions League and Arsenal in the PL.
If they are still in the hunt for PL title they will no doubt rotate some players.

They will deffo have vast amounts of possession but they might have an off day converting chances. And there is always a small chance if that is the case.

They lost to Southampton this season in the cup, and have lost a few other matches too. It will be a 100-1 type of match but it's not unheard of.

If I didn't live in London I'm not sure I'd be going. I'm not exactly 5h1tting money and I'm so fucking SICK of seeing us losing big matches. I am so over cup semi finals and play off finals. Fuckin win one yer cunts!

I'll get excited if we're winning going into added time, other than that I'll just get drunk in the sun and sing about my beloved Blades.

i fully get the money thing, because this has come at a bad time. like for me ive got Easter, then the season ticket, then Wembley & then final installment of the summer holiday

ive always had a thing at football. ive rather go & we lose. than see is win on tv. as i would regret hugely if i wasnt there & we did pull off the miracles of miracles. we've lost 2003 (Manchester & Cardiff) 2012 & 2014. but the days i still remember we still talk about. they are great memories to have with the family

& also going in 2014, meant that i became bafta nominated 😂

Quite a few regular attenders I know, have said to me they are not going to the semi-final, for various reasons. I can't imagine not going.
Come on Blades, we don't want to be embarrassed with a poor turn-out.
Do we know what day and time it will be played at?

If I didn't live in London I'm not sure I'd be going. I'm not exactly 5h1tting money and I'm so fucking SICK of seeing us losing big matches. I am so over cup semi finals and play off finals. Fuckin win one yer cunts!

I'll get excited if we're winning going into added time, other than that I'll just get drunk in the sun and sing about my beloved Blades.
Best advice I've been given "get pissed earlier and just go for the ride"

No we are all blades...but it will be a fantastic day out..who knows if Forest Green can be the mighty Owls maybe just maybe we can do it...I hope so ☺️

Those two things are exactly the same!

I said prior to the draw if it’s Man City I’m not going but…………that was bullshit.
Less than 24 hours later I’m telling my son (13) we are going to Wembley.
He fully expects us to lose but he’s still super exited.
I don’t think I’ve ever had such low expectation of the outcome but such determination to
enjoy the experience,after all it’s not every day/season/decade that I get to see the blades in an FA cup
semi final together with my son….it might never happen again.
Only one thing worse than being there and watching us lose
and that’s watching us lose on TV.
I’d have said losing to Fleetwood in an earlier round would meet the criteria of being something worse……😂

i fully get the money thing, because this has come at a bad time. like for me ive got Easter, then the season ticket, then Wembley & then final installment of the summer holiday

ive always had a thing at football. ive rather go & we lose. than see is win on tv. as i would regret hugely if i wasnt there & we did pull off the miracles of miracles. we've lost 2003 (Manchester & Cardiff) 2012 & 2014. but the days i still remember we still talk about. they are great memories to have with the family

& also going in 2014, meant that i became bafta nominated 😂
I would be happy if we win whether I go or not and whether I avoid the tv. I can bask in the aftermath

I promised myself after the Burnley game that I would never go again. Got talked into going against Hull. Definitely never going again. Overpriced and possibly the worst ground to get to in the country. The atmosphere is normally crap due to day trippers/ friends being split up. It's the football equivalent of a chain pub vs a proper boozer. I'm actually in London the day before to see the only fools and horses musical. Luvvly jubbly.

I know a fair few, season ticket holders, not going. I think it’s a variety of factors. Cost, the opposition and general apathy.

Even myself I’ve thought twice about it, my reasons cost (me & the mrs) and almost certain defeat against a fantastic Man City side.

As for the pig fans, it would be a novelty for them, a huge occasion the likes of which they haven’t seen since 1993, thirty years ago and before a lot of them were even born.

By comparison this will be our fourth semi final, fifth if you count 1993, plus a league cup semi final. For them it would be a bigger occasion than it is for us, we’re more used to this sort of thing.

I’ll be there though, I’ve not missed a semi final in my time yet….and I just can’t get away from the thought of us actually getting to the FA Cup Final and me not being there to witness it. I’d be gutted and what a lifetime memory it would be to do it by beating the magnificent billion pound team Manchester City along the way.

Still plenty of hotels in London for under £100 for the Saturday night Croydon aerodrome best western £90 for a.twin

I said prior to the draw if it’s Man City I’m not going but…………that was bullshit.
Less than 24 hours later I’m telling my son (13) we are going to Wembley.
He fully expects us to lose but he’s still super exited.
I don’t think I’ve ever had such low expectation of the outcome but such determination to
enjoy the experience,after all it’s not every day/season/decade that I get to see the blades in an FA cup
semi final together with my son….it might never happen again.
Only one thing worse than being there and watching us lose
and that’s watching us lose on TV.
Disagree with that last sentence mate, have you ever come home from Wembley after a defeat before??

I am definitely going, will be plenty of tickets available, not to expensive I guess on the top tier
Fabulous occasion at Wembley even against a side like City, enjoy the day out and have fun, don’t take it all too seriously as clearly our chances will be minimal with the squad they have available

Back
Top Bottom