FA cup semi final - not going

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'll find the money from somewhere to get to the final if we make it through, but a Wembley semi? Been there, done that, and not that long ago either. I really don't think they should use Wembley for the semis, give me a neutral club ground any day.

I'm not going, sadly. I don't think it makes me any less of a Blade.

Currently I have a season ticket to pay for, and an impending electricity bill that I know will be very high. I live alone, and have next to no spare cash on a month-to-month basis. For me, it is just too much extra money to try and find at the moment. Match ticket probably 50 quid, coach not far off that again, food 20 quid, beer probably another 40-50 (I know I know, drink less etc etc, but it's not easy to stay sober when surrounded by happy pissed fans).

All told, I reckon the day would set me back around £200, and I just cannot find that right now. IF we somehow win, then I'll break the bank to go to the final, that would be a once in a lifetime thing, but I've been to lots of semi finals.

If the FA had a brain cell between them, and it was being played at Anfield or Villa Park, I'd probably be going. But they insist on having them at Wembley, and that just prices me out, unfortunately.

If the FA had a brain cell between them, and it was being played at Anfield or Villa Park, I'd probably be going. But they insist on having them at Wembley, and that just prices me out, unfortunately.

And if they held it at Villa Park, it would be a much cheaper day out for at least 15,000 Blades, do you see why?

And if they held it at Villa Park, it would be a much cheaper day out for at least 15,000 Blades, do you see why?
I do, and it's a fair point. I know Wembley has the advantage of size, I was just throwing big grounds out for the example. I'd have used old trafford but think City being involved would rule that out IF neutral grounds were still used.

They could hold it at Old Trafford.

The issue is not the size of the ground, the issue is the FA need to recoup the costs of Wembley Stadium.

True, but anywhere other than Wembley would see some people missing out who otherwise would have been able to get a ticket (and you can guarantee that if it was held at, say, Anfield, it won't be the freeloaders allocation that'd be affected by dropping the capacity by 35k)

i know we havent got a pot to piss in right now but with the money the club are making out of this unexpected cup run couldnt they have rewarded blades fans by subsiding official coach travel say half price coach seats 🤔

Might be the last one the Blades in for a long time with the way big money is being pumped into the top clubs . Go & enjoy it while you can .. when we kicked off in the 3rd Round we’re we never expecting to win it ? So what’s changed ⚔️

Last edited:
i know we havent got a pot to piss in right now but with the money the club are making out of this unexpected cup run couldnt they have rewarded blades fans by subsiding official coach travel say half price coach seats 🤔
Don't think they have announced prices for coaches yet but don't expect them to be cheap

I reckon you could do the Semi for about £100. Ticket £30 Coach £45,
£25 for Food and Some cans.
There was a Tesco about 20min walk from Wembley past the Green Man pub that has a Cafe pick up a few cans there and back to Wembley to soak the atmosphere up with fellow Blades.
Just don't buy any food or drink from the catering vans outside Wembley or even worse inside Wembley. I think against Hull a few years ago everything was £5 from the catering Vans outside, Pints, Burgers, Bacon Sandwich etc, probably be more like £8 each now.

I wonder what actullay happens when you win at Wembley?

I am, like many of you I'm sure, familiar with the big Wembley (or millennium stadium/ old trafford) big match build up.. start in soho ..the green man...cans on the playing field...Wembley way....

How does it go when you win? Presumably people don't just dispondantly fuck off home for the next 5 hours?

Plenty sniffing around for members with 500 points who aren't going. Apparently 28 coming over from Ireland in a group that are looking, so I'm pretty sure we'll still sell out.

FWIW, I don't blame anyone for not going. Season ticket renewals at 400+, 4 home games in two weeks for those without a season ticket.... then you're talking at least 100 quid for the wembley visit, in most circumstances with travel/hotel you could be talking 300 plus.

Most of us are from Sheffield, not fucking Canary Wharf, having 5-600 quid disposable income to some just doesn't happen.

Shame on those prats calling them out.

We won’t sell out no chance, various reasons, it being Man City and everyone’s expecting a cricket score, money, the needing 500 points thing, kick off time.

Got to be honest, I can’t wait. I love going to Wembley, and as it’s my 15yr old lad’s first trip there to watch the Blades (seen England a few times and we saw City in a Charity Shield) it’s going to be great. It’s the Mars’s birthday that weekend so we have booked a hotel and she is coming too.
I do however know I am fortunate to be able to afford it, and can completely understand that it’s not possible for everyone to shell out enormous sums for one game.
Interestingly, City’s forum has a huge thread similar to this one; they may not sell out as going to Wembley is definitely not unusual for them, and let’s face it, they may be going back for the final!

I agree calling those out that aren't going is pathetic. It doesn't matter what their reasoning is for not going, it's just not on.

We will be going and staying over because we like the day out and a drink or two. This game has zero pressure and expectancy so we will probably enjoy it more than our previous visits 🤣

So if you're watching at home, in the pub or in the ground let's all sing loud and sing proud.

UTMB
FTP

I feel I should back up my earlier post by pointing out that I am definitely going.

When I find out what happens after the match, the feeling will, without a doubt, be magnified by beating the the greatest ever richest bastard mega club of all time. (So far).

And if I have to trudge home again, I think I will be able to avoid the feeling of crushing disappointment this time.

Don't think they have announced prices for coaches yet but don't expect them to be cheap
they wont be £40 at the least and thats why it would be a great gesture from the club to reduce coach travel prices even more so with people already having to fork out for season tickets not a chance we will sell out can see it being similar to the huddersfield play off final 27/28k

For those who's reason for not going because "we're going to get hammered", I understand you'll not be
buying a ST for next season in the PL? You can pick and choose the matches in which United won't get
a monumental hiding. Sorted.

I'm not going. In May I'm going to the NEC. The hotel alone is over £500 for the weekend, plus beer and food, and the prospect of buying a new shiny power tool or other workshop bits, and the trip to Wembley for another time isn't the exciting prospect it perhaps should be and frankly will be one expense too many.

I might be persuaded to go to the final, if we miraculously beat City. And "if" is doing a lot of heavy lifting there.

For those who's reason for not going because "we're going to get hammered", I understand you'll not be
buying a ST for next season in the PL? You can pick and choose the matches in which United won't get
Not a like for like….showpiece occasion at Wembley in front of ‘the world’ or 19 tough PL matches at ‘fortress Bramall Lane’ where our support ‘can’ make a difference

I'm not going. In May I'm going to the NEC. The hotel alone is over £500 for the weekend, plus beer and food, and the prospect of buying a new shiny power tool or other workshop bits, and the trip to Wembley for another time isn't the exciting prospect it perhaps should be and frankly will be one expense too many.

I might be persuaded to go to the final, if we miraculously beat City. And "if" is doing a lot of heavy lifting there.
Bloody hell, does that mean there won't be a video?

I am currently paying for my season ticket. It's one of the reasons I'm not going to Wembley. We're not all made of money.

I bet the real Shoreham View is going 😂

I get all reasons for not going apart from the "not going because its against Man C"

Eh?
It’s not that though is it? We all know full well that if the game was at a more ‘accessible’ ground within a 100 mile radius of Sheffield we would have no trouble at all selling all the tickets. The ramped up inconveniences of Wembley … sure no one would use that ‘we are gonna lose’ excuse at all without the significant additional time/transport/accommodation thrown in…no one has stayed overnight near Villa Park or Old Trafford I’m sure…or been stuck in a car park 2 hours or more after a game has finished anywhere other than Wembley before a long miserable journey home.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom