FA cup semi final - not going

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

blackydog

Not My King
Reaction score
Quite a few regular attenders I know, have said to me they are not going to the semi-final, for various reasons. I can't imagine not going.
Come on Blades, we don't want to be embarrassed with a poor turn-out.

Quite a few regular attenders I know, have said to me they are not going to the semi-final, for various reasons. I can't imagine not going.
Come on Blades, we don't want to be embarrassed with a poor turn-out.
If your going why whittle about others ,can't get my head round it , don't worry there will be plenty down London

If your going why whittle about others ,can't get my head round it , don't worry there will be plenty down London
Just disappointed that people around me, who I see at the 'Lane regularly, are choosing not to go. To be fair there's others coming out of the woodwork, so may not affect the numbers that much.

Looking at the ticket prices from previous years, I’d be amazed if we sell out.

The regulars with the highest loyalty points will snap up the cheaper categories leaving the more casual fans to decide if they want to pay £120, £100 or £80 a ticket.

We will still sell out so who cares, those that choose not to go might live to regret it.
People get worried that we won't sell out quickly because then the pigs say mean things about us not being as massive as them. It really concerns people.

I expect a daily post with how many tickets are left and questioning why it's not selling very well at least.

I’m not going, can’t be arsed with travel to get back for it and leave the next day. Life’s a bit too busy at the moment. I’ll go to the final though as I’m a proper Bladey blade

Let's cut to the real issue Swiss. It's the damn half and half scarves that are putting you off going.

Money and Time are two things most middle-aged and older adults are very aware are limited. I think it’s harsh to judge people on what they do with those

You could easily argue I should probably use my money and time on that day to go see a relative I haven’t seen for years and take my kids, instead of watch some “overpaid men kick a bag of wind”. But I will be there to watch us get battered.

Each to their own

We’re all blades x

Looking at the ticket prices from previous years, I’d be amazed if we sell out.

I saw last years prices and thought they were pretty reasonable to be honest. Bear in mind we paid £32 to go to Bramall Lane v Spurs and have paid over £40 to sit at Hillsborough

1679923261269.png

The regulars with the highest loyalty points will snap up the cheaper categories leaving the more casual fans to decide if they want to pay £120, £100 or £80 a ticket.

Doubtful. The Cat 3 & 4 tickets will be high up and miles from the action. High loyalty points owners will be used to away day atmospheres so will want to sit on the bottom tier, so CAT 1 & 2.

EDIT... Here's the stadium plan taken from Man Utd's website. Sky blue or red is the seats most will want
1679923404514.png

I am not going but only cos of a cash flow problem...I am a season ticket holder and renewed for next year but my circumstances is I cannot afford it cos I am going abroad soon...So will just watch em on telly then go to the Final...its not a problem UTB
Wasn't slagging anyone off mate, just encouraging some fence-sitters to hopefully reconsider. You don't have to justify your decision.

Wasn't slagging anyone off mate, just encouraging some fence-sitters to hopefully reconsider. You don't have to justify your decision.
No we are all blades...but it will be a fantastic day out..who knows if Forest Green can be the mighty Owls maybe just maybe we can do it...I hope so ☺️

I said prior to the draw if it’s Man City I’m not going but…………that was bullshit.
Less than 24 hours later I’m telling my son (13) we are going to Wembley.
He fully expects us to lose but he’s still super exited.
I don’t think I’ve ever had such low expectation of the outcome but such determination to
enjoy the experience,after all it’s not every day/season/decade that I get to see the blades in an FA cup
semi final together with my son….it might never happen again.
Only one thing worse than being there and watching us lose
and that’s watching us lose on TV.

There will be around 13,000 tickets that go on general sale after ST holders have 1st dibs. Not got a ST then make sure you have a purchasing history at SUFC not being on the fanbase will be the only thing stopping someone going if they want to.
My mate and his lad are wanting tickets, his wife is a Blade and they've been with me on spare ST's a few times. He's got a customer number and I've made it very clear that if he adds his son to his account he will have no problems getting a ticket. If he doesn't do it then more fool him.

I saw last years prices and thought they were pretty reasonable to be honest. Bear in mind we paid £32 to go to Bramall Lane v Spurs and have paid over £40 to sit at Hillsborough

View attachment 156727

Doubtful. The Cat 3 & 4 tickets will be high up and miles from the action. High loyalty points owners will be used to away day atmospheres so will want to sit on the bottom tier, so CAT 1 & 2.

EDIT... Here's the stadium plan taken from Man Utd's website. Sky blue or red is the seats most will want
View attachment 156728
Pathetic really. Bobby Moore's been dead for 30 years and still gets his own gate. Expect lengthy queues to get in.

View attachment 156727

View attachment 156728

I get that most will want a decent view etc. I just doubt there will be many with a high amount of loyalty points that will buy a £120, £100 or £80 when they can easily get a £65 or £45 ticket with a half decent view.

Fans will also be attending in groups so if you’re buying tickets for a family or going with mates, unless you’ve all got a few quid it’s likely you’ll go for cheaper tickets so it’s affordable for all and the group can sit together.

There is also season tickets to pay for which will impact on people’s budget.

I would normally go to something like this but I’m really questioning it due to it being city who were playing. I've booked hotels tho , so I’ll see when the tix get released etc.

People get worried that we won't sell out quickly because then the pigs say mean things about us not being as massive as them. It really concerns people.

I expect a daily post with how many tickets are left and questioning why it's not selling very well at least.

On S24SU or Owlstalk ? ;)

Fully expect some regular home attendees not to go based on the financial climate coupled with their expectations of the result, plus the possibility of us playing at Wembley again before the season's out.

Wouldn't surprise me if we don't sell out, wouldn't surprise me if we do.

I am undecided, been to everything since 1993. Only ever seen Alan Cork score, I didnt go V Hull. I am a jinx.

Back
Top Bottom