FA cup semi final - not going

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Increasingly feeling like I'm not going to be able to go. Wife's working, no obvious childcare options. My family can't go (Dad still TBC but unlikely), my very few Blades mates can't go.

So if I can magic up some childcare there's 90% chance I'll be going alone.

The only upside would be watching it on TV with the (so far) successfully brainwashed young child - and cushioning the blow if we get thumped. He was pretty stunned by the highlights of them smashing Burnley, quietest I've seen him for awhile!

Seen quite a few now saying how wembley is expensive, apart from the ticket price being more it's just the same as milwall or palace away really. You don't need hotel rooms and mass amounts of alcohol to enjoy 90 minutes of football.
It would take me longer to get to manc on the train than London - ticket price would prob be very similar.

I know a fair few, season ticket holders, not going. I think it’s a variety of factors. Cost, the opposition and general apathy.

Even myself I’ve thought twice about it, my reasons cost (me & the mrs) and almost certain defeat against a fantastic Man City side.

As for the pig fans, it would be a novelty for them, a huge occasion the likes of which they haven’t seen since 1993, thirty years ago and before a lot of them were even born.

By comparison this will be our fourth semi final, fifth if you count 1993, plus a league cup semi final. For them it would be a bigger occasion than it is for us, we’re more used to this sort of thing.

I’ll be there though, I’ve not missed a semi final in my time yet….and I just can’t get away from the thought of us actually getting to the FA Cup Final and me not being there to witness it. I’d be gutted and what a lifetime memory it would be to do it by beating the magnificent billion pound team Manchester City along the way.

I'm with you on that, however, if the Football Gods told me that if I missed the S-F, we'd win, I'd stay home!
😁

My son, grandson are going. However, there are those in our family who have not accrued enough point's to qualify for tickets.
It is an absolute disgrace. I fear our lack of support may be a cause of some embarrassment to our club.

My son, grandson are going. However, there are those in our family who have not accrued enough point's to qualify for tickets.
It is an absolute disgrace. I fear our lack of support may be a cause of some embarrassment to our club.

Maybe if that support had supported us a bit more over the years they’d have qualified for tickets?

You're right. It is a disgrace that members of your family expect to get tickets when they haven't accrued enough points by going to a handful of games over the last approx 17years (IIRC) and having a purchasing history.

Maybe if that support had supported us a bit more over the years they’d have qualified for tickets?

You're right. It is a disgrace that members of your family expect to get tickets when they haven't accrued enough points by going to a handful of games over the last approx 17years (IIRC) and having a purchasing history.
Would 5 games in 17 years total to 500 loyalty points?

Yes. Home cup games are are normally 100-150 points and are also usually cheaper prices than league games
Bizarre this 500 points debate. Even young kids interested in United still would have some points surely. Must be the family day out problem.

Why can't the ticket office have common sense and let people buy more than one ticket for season ticket holders? then same when on general sale. general sale means anyone can buy tickets. this points or lack of points is rubbish. stopping supporters instead of helping. seems to be their attitude at the ticket office.

Why can't the ticket office have common sense and let people buy more than one ticket for season ticket holders? then same when on general sale. general sale means anyone can buy tickets. this points or lack of points is rubbish. stopping supporters instead of helping. seems to be their attitude at the ticket office.

Agree....it's weird......don't think any other club does it.....so why are United trying to stop potential new fans or casual fans?
I have a season ticket with my grandson (we've both renewed for next season) but we want 5 tickets and plan to make it a London weekend.
My partner went to the Burnley play-off final, Hull semi final and about 3 league matches about 10 years ago.
So she has no points, not even registered on the database.

We plan to wait until the last few days and will have a word with the club to see how strict they are with the 500 points system.
If we can't get 5 tickets sat together, we're not going this time and will have a big party at home instead.
Surely you would expect that in the final few days, if there are still tickets on sale,
then anyone with a season ticket should be able to buy up to 5 tickets, the tickets would be registered to a season ticket holder so can easily be traced.

Agree....it's weird......don't think any other club does it.....so why are United trying to stop potential new fans or casual fans?
I have a season ticket with my grandson (we've both renewed for next season) but we want 5 tickets and plan to make it a London weekend.
My partner went to the Burnley play-off final, Hull semi final and about 3 league matches about 10 years ago.
So she has no points, not even registered on the database.

We plan to wait until the last few days and will have a word with the club to see how strict they are with the 500 points system.
If we can't get 5 tickets sat together, we're not going this time and will have a big party at home instead.
Surely you would expect that in the final few days, if there are still tickets on sale,
then anyone with a season ticket should be able to buy up to 5 tickets, the tickets would be registered to a season ticket holder so can easily be traced.
Your partner doesn’t contribute to SUFC and has no interest in doing so; why should she be given higher priority than people that do?

Fans would like to have seats with family/Friends. the only way to do that is to let them buy more than one ticket. this needs to be looked at by the ticket office manager or his boss. let's say they are making it difficult with the current rules. just common sense. people are saying we will not sell out our ticket allocation for Wembley.a bit of leeway would be good. nowt wrong with treating your wife/Girlfriend/family to a weekend in London and going to Wembley. Think your being a bit too harsh Rodders.

Fans would like to have seats with family/Friends. the only way to do that is to let them buy more than one ticket. this needs to be looked at by the ticket office manager or his boss. let's say they are making it difficult with the current rules. just common sense. people are saying we will not sell out our ticket allocation for Wembley.a bit of leeway would be good. nowt wrong with treating your wife/Girlfriend/family to a weekend in London and going to Wembley. Think your being a bit too harsh Rodders.
The allocation is 34,000. We have 22(?)000 ST Holders. If they all were allocated multiple tickets for extras then that would fill the allocation & then some.
People who have contributed year in year out consistently, but don’t have a season ticket would then be denied a ticket, all because some want to “make a weekend of it” with wives, girlfriends etc who have no actual interest in SUFC at all.
It’s the height of selfishness.

You do realise you can go to London for the weekend at anytime? You don’t need to wait until United get to Wembley.

The allocation is 34,000. We have 22(?)000 ST Holders. If they all were allocated multiple tickets for extras then that would fill the allocation & then some.
People who have contributed year in year out consistently, but don’t have a season ticket would then be denied a ticket, all because some want to “make a weekend of it” with wives, girlfriends etc who have no actual interest in SUFC at all.
It’s the height of selfishness.
Well said, 100% agree, why should season ticket holders get to purchase 3/4 extra tickets?

Not possible
When you go to watch United, you must go alone, sit alone, and not be anywhere near somebody you know

It is a joint effort between the city council, SAG, and SYP to kill Sheffield United by killing its support.

30,000 people all sat next to strangers will encourage the reserved, comotose, sitting in absolute silence that they want

Not possible
When you go to watch United, you must go alone, sit alone, and not be anywhere near somebody you know

It is a joint effort between the city council, SAG, and SYP to kill Sheffield United by killing its support.

30,000 people all sat next to strangers will encourage the reserved, comotose, sitting in absolute silence that they want
But if you use the very easy family and friend functon, then you get seats next to each other. Obviously, they family and friends need at least 500 points and so must have gone to say, half a dozen matches in the last 17 years.

it wont be a problem when the powers that be at the lane realise weve only sold 25k tickets and will be inviting anybody and everybody to buy em 😉

I’m pretty certain that season ticket holders could buy more than one ticket vs Hull as I sat with my three season ticket holding mates and they didn’t wait to buy till the points dropped to my level.
As said above though, if all season ticket holders bought two it wouldn’t even get to members.
Suppose we had fewer ST’s when in league one!

Your partner doesn’t contribute to SUFC and has no interest in doing so; why should she be given higher priority than people that do?

Totally agree. Thats not my point though.

Give all the loyal customers a chance to buy tickets first.
Then any left a few days before the match...then surely tickets should go on general sale...for anyone.
If SUFC are worried about security issues...then just let registered season ticket holders buy additional tickets.

Last edited:
it wont be a problem when the powers that be at the lane realise weve only sold 25k tickets and will be inviting anybody and everybody to buy em 😉

That's what I'm hoping and expect to happen.
There's a group of us wanting tickets, half are season ticket holders, so we'll leave it until a few days before the match. If we miss out we miss out.

I would like to think big games like this are ideal recruiting grounds for fans of the future

Why can't the ticket office have common sense and let people buy more than one ticket for season ticket holders?
We have 22,000 ST holders and only 34,000 tickets for Wembley. If ST holders were entitled to 2 tickets from day 1, this could mean that current ST holders could miss out.

I think a ST +1 purchase window should come in before general sale though.

Back
Top Bottom