Everton & Forest Points Deduction - Can Sheffield United Survive?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Time for the Prince to send an olive branch and get Big Kev back on board
The Prince will stick to his game plan! Not given up on this season and any point deductions will be an added bonus ! Under CW we will give it a go.
Wernt sure I wanted him back! But already there has been a big improvement on our competitive game ! that hopefully will get even better.
We don't give up with half a season to come and point deductions which will also boost our chances!
Come on Blades!
Let's have another cup run as well.
Don't get why interest in the FA cup is so poor some friends of mine arnt going and they are season ticket holders.
We are a premier club (maybe for just this season)that means we can beat most teams in England. Brighton are beatable are we Blades so depressed we can't get up to have a go! Wembley is a possibility again int it!?.

i think forest have to be in big trouble here with the money theyve spent only suprise is that it has taken the powers that be this long to get to em with the size of the club and the millions theyve spent i think their certain to get at least a 10 point deduction this season

Yes, no doubt without Bloom it was unlikely to go the same way for Brighton. But you have to look at where they started; they were lower than say the Blades, their stadium was a mess, and the club was a shambles. Clubs could still use them as an example and would likely have the benefit of not having to start way down the pyramid and without the need for a new stadium to contend with.

Obviously as we have seen with other owners of other clubs, it CAN be a dangerous scenario to become reliant on someone like Bloom.
Bloom is a one off Billionaire who has bought shares to cover the losses only way he will get his money back if he wanted it is to sell the club .
We and a good few clubs could do similar with a benevolent owner like Bloom ( with a good business plan to match).
Unlikely to happen for obviouse reasons.

i think forest have to be in big trouble here with the money theyve spent only suprise is that it has taken the powers that be this long to get to em with the size of the club and the millions theyve spent i think their certain to get at least a 10 point deduction this season
I heard talk of six points, which if applied today would leave them five points above us with them still to come to the Lane.

People have already written this season off but we have some winnable games this month and next. A couple of wins and a Forest points deduction would put us right back in the mix.

This should have thousands of likes, partly down to the absolute brilliance of it all. It’s an absolute shame that people don’t realise it.👏👏👏👏
The PL look as if they are about to change again to bring them more in line with the European leagues.
It seems to be based more on player wages as a ratio to income, which I am not sure helps the promoted clubs at all.
In fairness we ought to see what is actually produced for the PL clubs to vote on.

It’s only one season’s accounts rather than three, so I cannot see more than 4/5 points being deducted.

Bloom is a one off Billionaire who has bought shares to cover the losses only way he will get his money back if he wanted it is to sell the club .
We and a good few clubs could do similar with a benevolent owner like Bloom ( with a good business plan to match).
Unlikely to happen for obviouse reasons.
True, obviously money helps a tremendous amount, even better when it seemingly is handed to the club as you say, in return for shares. This is a scenario that you would imagine has benefits to both parties; Brighton grow as a club, and Bloom pays a fair price for his investment/stake in the club.

The other way to look at it, is the value of Brighton FC now, opposed to when he initially took over. You would imagine they would be worth a tidy sum with a good stadium, brilliant infrastructure, established Premier League status and perhaps one of the most liked, respected and admired clubs in the UK. Unless they plummet back down the Leagues, they seem to be in no danger compared to the likes of Bolton or Wigan who had generous owners but it all crumbled when they were no longer around, or called in their debts. Money has obviously helped them a great deal, but it has to be said, that alongside that has been some quite brilliant strategic direction that continues to evolve and reap the rewards.

True, obviously money helps a tremendous amount, even better when it seemingly is handed to the club as you say, in return for shares. This is a scenario that you would imagine has benefits to both parties; Brighton grow as a club, and Bloom pays a fair price for his investment/stake in the club.

The other way to look at it, is the value of Brighton FC now, opposed to when he initially took over. You would imagine they would be worth a tidy sum with a good stadium, brilliant infrastructure, established Premier League status and perhaps one of the most liked, respected and admired clubs in the UK. Unless they plummet back down the Leagues, they seem to be in no danger compared to the likes of Bolton or Wigan who had generous owners but it all crumbled when they were no longer around, or called in their debts. Money has obviously helped them a great deal, but it has to be said, that alongside that has been some quite brilliant strategic direction that continues to evolve and reap the rewards.
They just remind me of reading
A lower league club elevated beyond their status by one mans vision and money
When that one man has had enough the club regresses back to its natural habitat

They just remind me of reading
A lower league club elevated beyond their status by one mans vision and money
When that one man has had enough the club regresses back to its natural habitat
It's very possible. I suppose the one thing going in Brighton's favour is that Bloom is a lot younger than the Reading owner was and also a lifelong Brighton fan. With that time on his side, you would imagine he would be strict on who he sold Brighton to. And no doubt Bloom is still the driving force that Brighton is built and sustained on. I see your reasons to be cynical, but right now, Brighton offer the rest of us at least a little hope for all our clubs below the top 6, long may that continue.

It's very possible. I suppose the one thing going in Brighton's favour is that Bloom is a lot younger than the Reading owner was and also a lifelong Brighton fan. With that time on his side, you would imagine he would be strict on who he sold Brighton to. And no doubt Bloom is still the driving force that Brighton is built and sustained on. I see your reasons to be cynical, but right now, Brighton offer the rest of us at least a little hope for all our clubs below the top 6, long may that continue.
I've seen a few Brighton over the years
Huddersfield are another example even Palace under Jordan
When the owner is financially compromised the tap is turned off and they go back to where they belong

I've seen a few Brighton over the years
Huddersfield are another example even Palace under Jordan
When the owner is financially compromised the tap is turned off and they go back to where they belong
Yeah of course, they exist. There will always be an element of risk involved I think. But the alternative is most likely languishing in no mans land forever. You cannot take a club from the 4th tier to the Premier League these days without a lot of investment. In the old days you could do it, when stadiums didn't need to have all these criteria, and when there wasn't the vast money involved in the game.

It doesn't have to be this way of course, other examples exist of clubs rising through the League's such as Brentford, Bournemouth, Brighton, and lately Luton. Some spent a load of money, and others not so much. Brighton had a few wobbly years where they were fighting for survival at the wrong end, but have now evolved past this to be a club that appears to now have a consistent period of security. It could go wrong of course, but Brighton seem too well run for it all to come crumbling down. Luton will probably need to spend 100million plus on a new stadium so you already have 100 million right there. Then you look at the value of Brighton's squad and backroom team and you probably have close to 300 million there, that is not even factoring the stadium. Brighton I would assume are in a relatively health financial position.

Like you say, it carries risks and probably is not ideal. But the alternative way is getting less and less likely every few seasons, especially for a club who have not been at the top for a while because so much needs to be built to satisfy all the rules. I guess it all comes down to how these owners finance everything and what safeguards are in place.

Just a reminder for those of you submitting. Your tax returns on the 31st, if you overshoot by a day just put NFFC in the comments bit to see if you can get the extra day included. Mention Nick Di Marco as well for good measure.

😉😂

Just a reminder for those of you submitting. Your tax returns on the 31st, if you overshoot by a day just put NFFC in the comments bit to see if you can get the extra day included. Mention Nick Di Marco as well for good measure.

😉😂
Just had a letter from the Revenue saying my tax return is 'Outstanding', which is nice - but a bit confusing as I've not sent one in yet!.........

On the basis we’re down I’d rather the two clubs that come down with us aren’t Forest and Everton; both will spend again and are nailed on for automatic.

Hopefully the points deductions are summat and nowt.

On the basis we’re down I’d rather the two clubs that come down with us aren’t Forest and Everton; both will spend again and are nailed on for automatic.

If the 3 looking likely there now go down and Leeds/Leicester & Saints come up next season would be much easier

Or we could just stay up this year

Everton and Forest will be forced to lose their star players if they go down

Everton and Forest will be forced to lose their star players if they go down
Yes ! There overspending will still be there and losses just don't disappear on relegation. Financial fair play ( or whatever it is called ) means they can't just buy there way back ! There's a limit ( losses) as well in the championship.

Its about time that clubs took responsibility for their finances! Perhaps they'll eventually all try to manage themselves sensibly.

On Everton, their fans have held up yellow cards on 10th min v Spurs with the PL logo and "you don't know what you're doing" on them. Not sure what their issue is, they've got away with it for years and now they might eventually get their comeuppance. As a club they've spent, sacked managers and spent again, wasted the careers of players and players have wasted their careers there taking the money. The fans have demanded the owners go or change because they've not been succcessful...

I'm really not sure what the fans want. They want all the worlds best players, they want success, but they want to do it at the expense of the rules and other clubs.

Ironically, we might benefit from their demise this season when most of the season we've been awful because we don't have expensive superstars, yet it's other clubs who've suffered through relegation at Everton's gain...

Interesting their defence if you read between the lines seems to be “well no one ever bothered about this before” which may be factually accurate but surely isn’t a defence. It’s a bit like claiming you shouldn’t get a speeding ticket because they’ve only just put a speed camera up there.

Back
Top Bottom