EDDIE HOWE

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yeah, sorry. Pure shitposting from me.

I’m just in shock as we were told him and Howe hated each other 🤷‍♂️
That was all Bournemouth fans talking about when Howe left wasn’t it? I’d imagine they probably did have words in what was a very stressful situation and time but they’ve been mates for decades so I guess it depends whether it’s the sort of thing that can be forgotten over a beer or not that post would suggest it is.

Seen a rumour that Roy Hodgson will be packing it in at the end of this season. Palace considering Howe as replacement.

That was all Bournemouth fans talking about when Howe left wasn’t it? I’d imagine they probably did have words in what was a very stressful situation and time but they’ve been mates for decades so I guess it depends whether it’s the sort of thing that can be forgotten over a beer or not that post would suggest it is.
Yeah there was no media reports or stuff said from staff or players they fell out. Just a massive Bournemouth fan rumour trying to speculate on why Howe left and Tindall stayed to take main job, typical fans adding 1+1 and getting 3

You say all, and I get it’s still a decent percentage of the total fanbase, but it might have been 10 or 20, tops.
I’d file it under the same category of Wilder leaving because of a training ground roof not being fixed.

I heard from a very reliable source that Howe turned down Celtic because they refuse to sack John Kennedy who in effect would be Howes assistant. Howe is demanding to bring in his own team. Interesting that we already have his assistant from Bournemouth.

I heard from a very reliable source that Howe turned down Celtic because they refuse to sack John Kennedy who in effect would be Howes assistant. Howe is demanding to bring in his own team. Interesting that we already have his assistant from Bournemouth.
If your source is Neil Lennon and you are the guy who was propping him up in the video I'd treat that info with caution 😎

If that’s true, it’s one of the most ridiculous things I’ve heard.

Howe would be my choice. His team's play exciting attacking football, he's got a team promoted from the Championship before, and he kept them there. He used a lot of lower league players who he stuck with in the EPL.

Some will point to his time at Burnley being a mistake, but this was early in his career.

Some will point to Bournemouth's wage bill, but it's a Manager's job to push, and a Chairman's job to manage the budget.

He was also heavily linked with Arsenal and England in the last couple of years.

He ticks lots of boxes for me, and I'd be happy if he came.

He was close to joining Celtic weeks ago wasn't he, and that's not happened. The Tindall / Betis link could be crucial too. I think Howe to Utd might happen.

Howe would be my choice. His team's play exciting attacking football, he's got a team promoted from the Championship before, and he kept them there. He used a lot of lower league players who he stuck with in the EPL.

Some will point to his time at Burnley being a mistake, but this was early in his career.

Some will point to Bournemouth's wage bill, but it's a Manager's job to push, and a Chairman's job to manage the budget.

He was also heavily linked with Arsenal and England in the last couple of years.

He ticks lots of boxes for me, and I'd be happy if he came.

He was close to joining Celtic weeks ago wasn't he, and that's not happened. The Tindall / Betis link could be crucial too. I think Howe to Utd might happen.
well its looking increasingly likely that its between jokanovic and howe and i would be happy with either both done the business previously in the championship just hope whoever comes in ditches this 532 system its run its course

well its looking increasingly likely that its between jokanovic and howe and i would be happy with either both done the business previously in the championship just hope whoever comes in ditches this 532 system its run its course
Is that the same as 3-5-2? If so that ain't getting ditched.

Would you be against 3-5-2 as we played previously?
good question bob not sure think its run its course know your against jokanovic coming in but i think he will play a more modern 433 system and that would suit me

good question bob not sure think its run its course know your against jokanovic coming in but i think he will play a more modern 433 system and that would suit me
That’s a bit disingenuous, I’m certainly not against him coming in. What I’ve been trying to find is balance amongst our fans by challenging the notion that he’s the least risky option - he isn’t. He’s just as risky as Blessin and more risky than Howe. From a financial and long term planning point of view he’s the highest risk in my opinion, he succeeds or we’re in trouble. He also doesn’t always play nicely with the board.
There has also been a narrative that he is the big name, almost guaranteed promotion which is also an optimistic take on it. He was seriously backed and had budget far bigger than most of his competitors both times and no one kept him. In fact no one has kept him long term and despite him being available no one has looked to get him back over here in the last 2 years.
He does play very attractive attacking football, and he’s certainly the biggest name and the most expensive. I just hope the gamble pays off and as a paying fan I’ll take the attacking football all day long.
I don’t think he’ll be playing 4-3-3 though, because that means buying a defence as well as a midfield for next season as Bash won’t be much use to us.

Back
Top Bottom