EDDIE HOWE

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Got questioned on here myself when asking would he even want to come to us... apparently we’re a very attractive prospect. 🥴

Glad he doesn’t fancy it, strikes me as another Adkins if he was to come here. Now just need Jokanovic to turn us down. Another that fans want because he’s a foreign name with a promotion on his CV, with teams that have far better players and far more resources to pay for such players. Not a fit for us in the slightest.
Probably by me. We are an attractive prospect no matter how much you want to keep claiming the sky is falling simply because a manager has decided to leave.
We’ve got the same players as Wilder would have had and yet you’ve got him promoting whoever he went to in the Championship and us floundering.

Got questioned on here myself when asking would he even want to come to us... apparently we’re a very attractive prospect. 🥴

Glad he doesn’t fancy it, strikes me as another Adkins if he was to come here. Now just need Jokanovic to turn us down. Another that fans want because he’s a foreign name with a promotion on his CV, with teams that have far better players and far more resources to pay for such players. Not a fit for us in the slightest.
who is then ??? 🤔

Let’s hope they don’t go down then ..... and we do.
Think it’s highly unlikely like Flatulent_Bob said and I think it’s even more unlikely we’ll attract investment from the Saudi royal family we just don’t have the profile for it. Also so long as the prince remained owner the prem can’t stop him securing outside investment so if it was ever going to happen it would’ve already.

Think it’s highly unlikely like Flatulent_Bob said and I think it’s even more unlikely we’ll attract investment from the Saudi royal family we just don’t have the profile for it. Also so long as the prince remained owner the prem can’t stop him securing outside investment so if it was ever going to happen it would’ve already.
The Prince has always seemed highly uncomfortable in having too close ties to the government or state. Yes he was told to do a role, but he never seemed overly ecstatic about it. I can’t see him looking for or wanting investment from the state in Sheffield United.

Probably by me. We are an attractive prospect no matter how much you want to keep claiming the sky is falling simply because a manager has decided to leave.
We’ve got the same players as Wilder would have had and yet you’ve got him promoting whoever he went to in the Championship and us floundering.
Not attractive enough for Eddie Howe, which I think is a bit of a tell as to where we’re currently at.

Can’t sit here pretending the future looks bright. It might be, we might hire a manager/head coach who fires us back up, but I highly doubt it.

i did as well just hoping its jokanovic now dont want appleton periera or robinson although if im honest i wouldnt be opposed to lampard either even though hes heavily linked to the england u21 job think he might have a point to prove
I'd take Lampard, especially if he's still got his house at Shirland/Higham.
He can give me a lift in and back and I could have a proper drink before matches.

Not attractive enough for Eddie Howe, which I think is a bit of a tell as to where we’re currently at.

Can’t sit here pretending the future looks bright. It might be, we might hire a manager/head coach who fires us back up, but I highly doubt it.
So you believe the tabloid Scottish press in that we’ve not only made an offer but he’s also rejected it?
In the same breath you think we’re heading for shite coaches on the cheap because no one will fancy it.

Those two pieces of data don’t stack up.

So you believe the Scottish press that’s we’ve not only made an offer but he’s also rejected it?
In the same breath you think we’re aiming at shite coaches on the cheap?

Those two pieces of data don’t stack up.
To be honest I’m not bothered whether it’s fact or fiction, I just don’t think he’d be a good fit for us. It’s been written that he doesn’t fancy it and I hope it’s true.

I didn’t say the club is aiming at shite coaches for cheap. I’m saying simply going after a lucrative name like Howe or Jokanovic isn’t the best option. The current crop of names out of work isn’t promising either in my opinion. Hence I’m not confident.

To be honest I’m not bothered whether it’s fact or fiction, I just don’t think he’d be a good fit for us. It’s been written that he doesn’t fancy it and I hope it’s true.

I didn’t say the club is aiming at shite coaches for cheap. I’m saying simply going after a lucrative name like Howe or Jokanovic isn’t the best option. The current crop of names out of work isn’t promising either in my opinion. Hence I’m not confident.
Have you got anyone you like for the role aside from Cooper?

Breaking News on BBC that Howe is in advanced talks with Celtic. Soon see how friendly he is with Tindall

He certainly wouldnt be a bad one to land, but he hardly gets the juices flowing does he? The man could talk a glass eye to sleep.

Wouldn't be my preference but I could live with it. Hopefully someone else out there who is a better fit.

That’s shattered my dreams for next season .......... and beyond.

Piss poor planning by the board here. They 'knew' the Wilder situation was coming to a head with his 2 resignations and should have been lining up a replacement a couple of months ago.

We then could have made an appointment and let the new manager build for next season through the last quarter of this season. Instead weve got s stop gap, will bring the new man in over the summer and no doubt make a poor start to next season!

Piss poor planning by the board here. They 'knew' the Wilder situation was coming to a head with his 2 resignations and should have been lining up a replacement a couple of months ago.

We then could have made an appointment and let the new manager build for next season through the last quarter of this season. Instead weve got s stop gap, will bring the new man in over the summer and no doubt make a poor start to next season!

Don’t talk arse, man. They tried to make the relationship work, for the sake of the club. Lining up another manager in the side would not have been acting in good faith.

Don’t talk arse, man. They tried to make the relationship work, for the sake of the club. Lining up another manager in the side would not have been acting in good faith.
You clearly dont understand how to run a 'business'. Its called succession planning and all successful businesses do it. Do you think Liverpool have no idea of who their next manager will be when Klopp goes ?

Now it might be that we are on top of this but my guess is we wont appoint someone til the summer, he'll have no time to build his team or get them playing the way he wants then people like you will wonder why we mad a shit start to the season!!

No offence but this is like people complaining that we aren’t making signings fast enough, I’d prefer them to wait until they have done a good job assessing the situation and candidates.

It’s not outside of the realms of possibility that managers will only become available on the summer / once the seasons over. Or say if we are after this guy managing in Belgium when their league finishes mid April.

regardless of whoever is in charge we arn’t going to win many games this season. So heckingbottom for another few games isn’t going to matter. That said It would be ideal if they had a few weeks with the squad before the summer to assess who’s here.

regardless of whoever is in charge we arn’t going to win many games this season. So heckingbottom for another few games isn’t going to matter. That said It would be ideal if they had a few weeks with the squad before the summer to assess who’s here.
Wise words fellow blade in Leeds! I too would like to see us get a new manager in before the end of the season just so he gets a few Covid matchdays in and see how the squad and players do as opposed to bland pre-season friendlies. 3 out of the last 4 games are definitably 'winnable' with this squad if we get the likes of Berge and Bash back.

You clearly dont understand how to run a 'business'. Its called succession planning and all successful businesses do it. Do you think Liverpool have no idea of who their next manager will be when Klopp goes ?

Now it might be that we are on top of this but my guess is we wont appoint someone til the summer, he'll have no time to build his team or get them playing the way he wants then people like you will wonder why we mad a shit start to the season!!

You clearly think that football is a business like any other. It isn’t. And having an idea of who you might want to get in is very different from being able to act on that, given there are multiple leagues around the world who need managers from time to time and the whole situation is very fluid.

I’d sooner take time getting the right manager, structure and plans across the board in place than rush into an appointment just to appease impatient fans who seem to think that running a successful football club is easy.

Club announcement that Tindall has left imminent.

Tribute video and 1000 word statement on the excellent job he’s done at United in the last 2 weeks.

Club announcement that Tindall has left imminent.

Tribute video and 1000 word statement on the excellent job he’s done at United in the last 2 weeks.
I’m just in shock as we were told him and Howe hated each other 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom