EDDIE HOWE

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Palace would suit. Roy isn't going to go for ever plus he gets to remain down south. It's even South London. He could still live on the south coast if he wanted.

For the same reason, Newcastle might suit Wilder.
I'd piss my pants if Wilder ended up at Newcastle.. he can't work with the prince yet he's happy to work for someone who's 10 times worse in Ashley lmao

Palace would suit. Roy isn't going to go for ever plus he gets to remain down south. It's even South London. He could still live on the south coast if he wanted.

For the same reason, Newcastle might suit Wilder.
I think Newcastle could suit too, they’re essentially a much bigger version of us. Pay much more but not really in competition with those around them.
It would make a mockery of all the “board interference” reason for leaving though.
However I don’t think Ashley will look to pay Bruce off unless he has no choice. He only wants to sell and not put more in to pay anyone off. He’ll be holding out for them to stay up and get his price met before getting the fuck out of dodge.

I think Newcastle could suit too, they’re essentially a much bigger version of us. Pay much more but not really in competition with those around them.
It would make a mockery of all the “board interference” reason for leaving though.
However I don’t think Ashley will look to pay Bruce off unless he has no choice. He only wants to sell and not put more in to pay anyone off. He’ll be holding out for them to stay up and get his price met before getting the fuck out of dodge.
There’s a conspiracy theory rife amping the geordies now that he’s deliberately tanking to get outside of prem oversight and sell to the Saudis.

There’s a conspiracy theory rife amping the geordies now that he’s deliberately tanking to get outside of prem oversight and sell to the Saudis.
Cost him a fortune as their value would drop through the floor.

Cost him a fortune as their value would drop through the floor.
Yeah it would if he’s renegotiating. Again only relaying what I’ve seen but the Geordies are speculating there’s been a nudge and a wink and a gentlemen’s agreement on price last summer. They’re going to be very disappointed when none of it’s true

especially as the price of a garden shed down south gets you a 6 bed detached in Dore

btw come on lads, if Bournemouth hired a new programme seller they'd breach FFP
A 12ft x 10ft beach hut with no electricity or mains water has been sold for £330k on Mudeford Spit. It is very nice though I have to say, but when I moved down here 15 years ago £50k was the going rate for them.

Cheque book Eddie who bought a sack of shit for massive money and got relegated with a 112 million wage bill? Cheque book Eddie wouldn't last ten minutes in Sheffield sans cheque book.
Sounds like cheque book Wilder who also bought a sack of shite especially strikers who can't find a barndoor let alone hit one. Plus bought an average goalkeeper for 18M who I believe we sold for around 1M really good business.

By all accounts his wife didn't settle in the north at all hence why he hot tailed it back to Bournemouth. That being said Bournemouth vs Burnley isn't much competition really.
Upton what you have to realise mate is Burnley is in Lancashire, Sheffield is in Yorkshire and that is "God's Own Country" when god created the world on the 5th day he made Lancashire & was disappointed in the results.

He thought how can I make this so much better, he then created Yorkshire.

Saying on BBC rumours Burnley could be in for him if, either Palace or Newcastle succeed in getting Dyche.

Saying on BBC rumours Burnley could be in for him if, either Palace or Newcastle succeed in getting Dyche.
Surely that’s just lazy journalism if his missus couldn’t settle up there before what’s going to have changed now? It’s not like Burnley has received massive regeneration funding in the time since he left.

Surely that’s just lazy journalism if his missus couldn’t settle up there before what’s going to have changed now? It’s not like Burnley has received massive regeneration funding in the time since he left.
Or his mother was ill, or kids were younger or anything else which is likely to have hugely changed in 10 years!
He's talking to Celtic, and if he'll go to Glasgow, he'd come here.

Or his mother was ill, or kids were younger or anything else which is likely to have hugely changed in 10 years!
He's talking to Celtic, and if he'll go to Glasgow, he'd come here.
I’m not saying he wouldn’t come here or anywhere else but having struggled off the field in Burnley before it would be an odd retread given the place itself I’d much the same.

I’m not saying he wouldn’t come here or anywhere else but having struggled off the field in Burnley before it would be an odd retread given the place itself I’d much the same.
Sorry I was replying in context to us. Burnley, Blackburn and all round is pretty depressing, although you would have thought he could have found some really nice places towards Manchester, Lancaster, The Dales all within an hour and even the lakes are only 90 mins away.

Sounds like cheque book Wilder who also bought a sack of shite especially strikers who can't find a barndoor let alone hit one. Plus bought an average goalkeeper for 18M who I believe we sold for around 1M really good business.

So many inaccuracies here. Wilder spent a fraction of the money Howe did, especially in the Championship and league one with United having bottom six budgets in our two Championship seasons whilst Bournemouth were breaking financial fair play rules. United only had two players that cost above 1 million: Norwood 1.2million and Egan 3.5 million (both subsidised by player sales).
In the premier League Bournemouth were relegated with a wage bill totalling 112 million whilst United's was less than half of that. Howe was extremely well backed by the Russian billionaire Max Denim and failed at the club where he had to manage (Burnley).
Wilder has had 19 years of consistent success at potless clubs until this season.

BTW: Bournemouth's accounts are out and Ramsdale was 13 million.

Sorry Yogi I meant Wilder, saying today that Newcastle and Palace want Dyche, and that would leave Burnley open to go for CW.

Sorry Yogi I meant Wilder, saying today that Newcastle and Palace want Dyche, and that would leave Burnley open to go for CW.
Oh I see yeah wilder to them would be plausible. To be honest any job wilder takes this summer takes that club out of the race for any manager we’re targeting so it’s fine by me.

can i be the 1st congratulate eddie howe, what a coup to get him & hopefully we can put the wilder saga behind us

howe utd 2.png

Thought it was nailed on to be Eddie Howe, shows what I know.

Fingers crossed we still end up with the right person for us, think I might cry if we get Robinson or someone similar.
i did as well just hoping its jokanovic now dont want appleton periera or robinson although if im honest i wouldnt be opposed to lampard either even though hes heavily linked to the england u21 job think he might have a point to prove

Got questioned on here myself when asking would he even want to come to us... apparently we’re a very attractive prospect. 🥴

Glad he doesn’t fancy it, strikes me as another Adkins if he was to come here. Now just need Jokanovic to turn us down. Another that fans want because he’s a foreign name with a promotion on his CV, with teams that have far better players and far more resources to pay for such players. Not a fit for us in the slightest.

Back
Top Bottom