EDDIE HOWE

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't agree that Howe is a good coach. His sides are God awful at the back. Howe's teams in his second spell at Bournemouth were incredibly expensively assembled and on huge wages comparatively. I hate to break it to Blades but we already have a committee approach to transfers. The situation you've envisaged Howe having has been the status quo under the Prince's sole ownership. What they wanted to do was take any influence the manager/coaching staff had away. Personally I can't see Howe working under such a scenario (or any manager worth his salt) but we'll have to wait and see. I'm expecting a left field appointment.

Oh here-wig-o

5CB0E1A2-6D8A-43C6-AAD1-F12225B63A17.jpeg

What planet are u on? What did he spend at Bournemouth prior to getting to the prem?

I’ll answer your question, promotions, and prem stability... who would you put in the job, realistically, if Chris has gone who is better than Howe, in or out of work to get us back in the prem?
He spent a lot pre premiership? Don’t you recall Bournemouth getting hit for FFP breaches? Exceeded losses by 5x the limit. https://www.skysports.com/football/...-6m-after-breaching-financial-fair-play-rules

I wouldn’t mind him getting appointed but let’s not kid ourselves here

You can but hope, I’d say a different callibre to the others discussed and all those misfits before Wilder was appointed

Well PA did for a start. Admittedly, it was L1 level investment i.e. £10m but all the same, it was still an investment in the team rather than any infrastructure. If it does happen, I bet PA will make sure the contract is watertight! :)

That was necessary to get the shares. A bargain.

Eddie Howe is definitely the best available option. But I'd be surprised if he took it for numerous reasons.

I'd be surprised if he had. From what I've heard in the past, plenty of championship clubs have been sniffing round and have all pretty much been told he was holding out for a premier league job. Even then, it apparently had to be just right because he didn't want to have to relocate or something. Frankly I always thought he was a shoo-in for Palace after Roy goes.

I'd be surprised if he had. From what I've heard in the past, plenty of championship clubs have been sniffing round and have all pretty much been told he was holding out for a premier league job. Even then, it apparently had to be just right because he didn't want to have to relocate or something. Frankly I always thought he was a shoo-in for Palace after Roy goes.

By all accounts his wife didn't settle in the north at all hence why he hot tailed it back to Bournemouth. That being said Bournemouth vs Burnley isn't much competition really.

By all accounts his wife didn't settle in the north at all hence why he hot tailed it back to Bournemouth. That being said Bournemouth vs Burnley isn't much competition really.

Somebody might want to tell her we're a bit Northern then :)

Wouldn't a fine of that size be thought of as a good result ? Collateral damage. Still get to the PL
I think it was downright abhorrent. and I remember a fair bit of disapproval and dismay at the time, you are completely correct break the rules and still get promoted, get the PL payouts and only get hit with a £7m fine??? mind boggles. if I recall the justification of such a piss poor fine was that promotion from the Championship meant Bournemouth were no longer under the jurisdiction of the EFL and as such preventing promotion etc couldn't be enforced?

Somebody might want to tell her we're a bit Northern then :)
Not like Burnley is though. We’re literally on the border with the East Midlands and with good transport links to the south. And we’re civilised. It’s still a long way if she was missing her family but apart from that, Sheffield is a preferable option imo. Bassett and his lot seemed to really take to the area. I’m pretty sure most of us could give southerners a guided tour of south/south west Sheffield and the surrounding countryside that would make a lot of them fancy living there.

especially as the price of a garden shed down south gets you a 6 bed detached in Dore

btw come on lads, if Bournemouth hired a new programme seller they'd breach FFP

He’s the only out of work manger with the credentials and who’d be acceptable to replace Chris, he’s great with developing a young squad and has promotion credential, not only that he’s kept a team in the prem for a few years.

THERES NO OTHER CANDIDATE
And he left for the same reason that Wilder has so I would be surprised.

Cannot see Howe taking the job with us at all, he’s been linked with a ton of EPL jobs with decent prospects, he will be linked with loads of mid table Prem clubs, why would he join a club which is viewed as a sinking ship... i dont buy the excuse that he has a deal with b’mouth, he could sign a pre-contract if this was the case... he will be waiting until summer when some real jobs come up.

off to Palace or Celtic imo

Cannot see Howe taking the job with us at all, he’s been linked with a ton of EPL jobs with decent prospects, he will be linked with loads of mid table Prem clubs, why would he join a club which is viewed as a sinking ship... i dont buy the excuse that he has a deal with b’mouth, he could sign a pre-contract if this was the case... he will be waiting until summer when some real jobs come up.

And how do you know he ain’t signed a pre contract?

not even with tindall already here 🤔

Sounds like he’s going to Celtic? Hope we haven’t dicked around and missed out on one of the two proven managers who are out there / potentially interested.

Palace would suit. Roy isn't going to go for ever plus he gets to remain down south. It's even South London. He could still live on the south coast if he wanted.

For the same reason, Newcastle might suit Wilder.

Back
Top Bottom