CONFIRMED Dean Hammond

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hammond is getting a boat load of shit and abuse off fans rightly so . However the bloke who should be getting the most is Adkins who brought the guy in under a fan fair of trumpets , picked him and subbed him on a regular basis , and was deaf and blind to any criticism ( even constructive ) towards Hammond .

The bloke more importantly lost us points which could have made a difference this season.

McCabe has to question Adkins judgement on all players if he is stopping and not getting the sack.

I have never abused any Blades player, Hammond included. And I disagree with you in that I do not think the abuse given to Hammond by some of our supporters is justified. He has shortcomings. That is obvious and it is legitimate to point those out and discuss them, but not to resort to abusing him.

That isn't to say I wasn't annoyed after the Manchester United game, but I do realise that he didn't actually intend to give away that penalty. He made a mistake, albeit a costly one and all in all he probably should not be offered a contract. Mind you it's possible that he might not want one.

Since Hammond signed, we've been better with him in the team than without. He has not been as good any many of us hoped but he's been better than Reed, Cuvelier, Whiteman, Coutts etc. when they've been deployed in his position.

That said, I won't be upset if he doesn't sign a new deal as there must be better value out there.

Yeah but his name isn't a sexy sounding as Cuvelier so he deserves all the shit he gets.

I just don't see the obsession with Hammond.

He's 32, slow and unathletic. The exact opposite of what has been required for some time now.

Quite how this man is going to improve anything by a noticeable margin is beyond me.

I would stay well away from the signings of players like these.

Then again the the club seems to take the opposite approach to me on all aspects of the running of the club.

So I fully expect his slow stature through that door today.
From October 20th. Who's this bloke? Seems to know a bit...

Saw a car on the Parkway earlier with the numberplate D3AN H. A Vauxhall Insignia, which strikes me as a suitably Partridgesque thing for him to drive.

Followed it onto the M1 and it got off at Rotherham. Ergo, he's signing for the Millers. You heard it here first.

#ITK

Saw a car on the Parkway earlier with the numberplate D3AN H. A Vauxhall Insignia, which strikes me as a suitably Partridgesque thing for him to drive.

Followed it onto the M1 and it got off at Rotherham. Ergo, he's signing for the Millers. You heard it here first.

#ITK
He drove down the parkway onto the M1 to get to Rotherham?

I hope for their fans sake that nobody pops on here to do their version of "Roys view from"

Hammond & SISU might be enough to push a few of them over the edge

If they sign him it'll be like shooting fish in a barrel hitting such a static target with those pesky tennis balls!!!

Dean Hammond could become the latest Albion player to leave for Sheffield United.

The Championship under-achievers have been monitoring Hammond during the first half of the season and they are likely to move for him now that the Seagulls are making their skipper available for transfer.

Former Albion assistant and Sheffield United legend Bob Booker scouts for the Blades.

He has been at Withdean several times, with specific instructions to assess a player he already knew well from his time at the club.

Blades boss Bryan Robson is keen to overhaul the Sheffield squad relegated from the Premiership last season under his predecessor Neil Warnock and now labouring in the bottom half of the Championship following last Saturday's defeat in the steel city derby against Sheffield Wednesday.

Midfielder Hammond, 24, fits the bill according to a Bramall Lane insider and may be about to follow the same path to Yorkshire as another former Albion captain, Danny Cullip, and ex-Seagulls striker Colin Kazim-Richards.

Hammond wants to stay with Albion but has refused to sign a new contract until they convince him they are serious about trying to get promotion back into the Championship from League One.

He is entitled to a Bosman free transfer at the end of the season when his current deal expires, so Albion want to cash in on him while they can during the rest of the January transfer window.

They have already rejected a bid for Hammond earlier this month from the Championship's bottom club, Colchester.

Meanwhile, Albion are still expected to make a move for Rochdale forward Glenn Murray before the window closes.
You must mean Albion Rover?

Back
Top Bottom