Darblade/Ainsley Harriott RIP

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Never met Matt but always found him to be a no nonsense poster and had a good sense of humour.

Knew he was sick but didn’t see his posts in the Mental Health Thread so didn’t follow what he’d been going through.

Very good poster and clearly passionate about many subjects as well as knowledgable when posting on his profession.

Always sad to hear that we’ve lost posters from this forum, but this seems more so as he seems to have been part of the furniture here for a long time

RIP

As with every poster on this thread the sense of loss is painful.

Ainsley was a Blade through and through, no half measures, just a life devoted to the club we all follow.
At moments like this football seems inconsequential, and the only thing that truly matters is the quality of life we experience. My thoughts are with Ainsley's nearest and dearest.

So sad….. fucking bastard disease. Picked up his posts in the mental health thread. Incredible dignity in the face of a terminal illness. I can’t begin to imagine what goes through your mind when you’re in a position like that. Worries for your kids, partner, parents, friends …. Do you come to a point of acceptance? Peace? I don’t know. The posts he shared hit hard. I’m sad for his mates on here. Looks like you’ve lost one of the best of us. RIP Blade ⚔️

This was the last time I saw Dar - coming out of the TC suite and he called out to me. I was genuinely shocked at his condition. The illness (which I wasn't aware of) had left him very frail and weak and I was fighting my emotions whilst speaking with him. However, despite being seriously ill and in pain, he was there at BDTBL supporting his beloved team. Beneath the illness and his frail body, the humour, the personality and spirit of Matt were bursting out and we chatted for 10 minutes about his illness and remembering some of the times we enjoyed beers together

So sad that this cruel, shitty disease has taken another good un. Dar was a huge personality and will be remembered by all those who had the good fortune to know him and spend some time in his company.
Gamblingblade
Its Mark, old handsworth blade
Please inform me when dars/matts funeral is mate .
I moved out of sheffield 7 years ago lost touch .
Hope your well yourself .
All the best
Mark
Derbyblade

I’d like to thank every single Blade on here for your kind words and stories.
I was aware that my brother was a member on here but was unaware at how many people he interacted with.
I was with him at his final United game vs West Brom, happy that he got to see us promoted back to the Premier League.
I haven’t been since myself but I will be in attendance at the Bournemouth match.

A minutes applause on the 37th minute would an amazing tribute to him if we could get the word round 🙏🏻

I was aware that my brother was a member on here but was unaware at how many people he interacted with.
I was with him at his final United game vs West Brom, happy that he got to see us promoted back to the Premier League.
I haven’t been since myself but I will be in attendance at the Bournemouth match.

A minutes applause on the 37th minute would an amazing tribute to him if we could get the word round 🙏🏻
Sorry for your loss mate. He was very active on this forum, one of the most notable names (even if I didn't agree with some opinions!) and obviously a big Blade.

Maybe you might display all his footie shirts if he has a service of some kind.

I got back from holiday, yesterday, and have only been having the odd peak at the forum for the last two weeks. Just catching up properly, this morning, and seen this terribly sad news.

I didn't know Ainsley/Matt, in the real world, but like many on here, I will have been stood next to him (or any one of you) at way games, or in a pub on the way to BDTBL, or queueing to get in to the ground, or walking out after the game. One of the Blades family.

His posts about the EFL and SWFC were hilarious. Someone would say (on a thread) that the EFL should know about something the pigs were up to, and he would pop up and say something like, "I'm on it", and I would just crack up, laughing.

I'm glad that he saw the Blades get promoted back to the top tier.

RIP Ainsley/Matt.

hardyjason23, please ask for this thread to be removed if its not what you wanted.

Foxy Linz could we pin for a week or so

I don't have any SM accounts, get the word out Blades ⚔️

I wonder if Linz or Foxy could contact the club and try and get his photo on the scoreboard at that time? It could even tempt me out of my Lane retirement to go along and pay my respects.

I don't feel it's our place - if Matt's family wish to pursue this and want to know the best person to contact, we'd be happy to help.

Hopefully word of this will get round.... special fella and one i've interacted with on here only (got a post covid corona club invite, but unfortunately it never materialised due to his condition).

Was devastated when I saw the news and i've never met him, but feel like I knew him.

I wonder if Linz or Foxy could contact the club and try and get his photo on the scoreboard at that time? It could even tempt me out of my Lane retirement to go along and pay my respects.
Perhaps with the permission of his family , get in touch with Gary Sinclair for him to make an announcement pre match of half time. Don't know if this is allowed or possible.
Just a thought.

Almost everyone I'd guess, you couldn't shut him up. :)
On a more serious note, although I never knew your brother, he reached out to me when I posted about my daughter's cancer diagnosis earlier this year. His offer of support, to her or me, was unconditional and generous and so it's me who should be giving the thanks.

I'll be there and joining in. It's the least I feel I could do. My family are planning some fundraising for Western Park and I'll be thinking about your brother whilst I'm jogging around some Northern city in a shit coloured running vest in 2024.

Hi all, Funeral arrangements for those who can make it are as follows;
Monday 4th December, 3pm at Grenoside North Chapel.

Family and close friends only in the Chapel to enable those closest to Matt to be seated. It will be played out over a tannoy for all others who cannot get in the Chapel.

All donations to St Lukes in lieu of flowers

Thank you everyone for your messages and stories. I know his wife has read through them all and it is greatly appreciated.

I am incredibly sorry for your loss, mate.

Your brother was a top bloke and a top poster. This place won't be the same without him, and neither will the Lane. It's very surreal and sad, I keep thinking that he'll log back on sometime next week, and carry on chatting about the usual nonsense with us all.

If there's anything we can do to support, please always shout up. Let's get something going in the 37th minute... ⚔️

Hi all, Funeral arrangements for those who can make it are as follows;
Monday 4th December, 3pm at Grenoside North Chapel.

Family and close friends only in the Chapel to enable those closest to Matt to be seated. It will be played out over a tannoy for all others who cannot get in the Chapel.

All donations to St Lukes in lieu of flowers

Thank you everyone for your messages and stories. I know his wife has read through them all and it is greatly appreciated.
I'll be there pal 👍❤️

Back
Top Bottom