Player Suggestion Danny Ings

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lad must be raring to start a game, he'd probably get that at United...

Lad must be raring to start a game, he'd probably get that at United...

He’d get it at a host of Premiership clubs as well, ones who’d be able to pay him what he wants as well

Spurs were interested in him recently, along with top-flight clubs in Italy and Germany. Not a chance.

Surly he will sign for Burnley!? Be perfect move.

He’d get it at a host of Premiership clubs as well, ones who’d be able to pay him what he wants as well
Not too sure anyway only scores headers and toe pokes.

I’m pretty certain Burnley have a £35k wage cap. So assume he’s well out of that reach of that now.

Not heard of that before but possibly. Cannot see who’s paying money for Ings and giving a long contract on 35k+.

How much did saints buy him for? Think he's a decent proven striker in the PL. Funny how they start playing him he's scoring goals and they're picking up more points...

How much did saints buy him for? Think he's a decent proven striker in the PL. Funny how they start playing him he's scoring goals and they're picking up more points...
Normally you have to play to score.. 😉

£20mil from Liverpool but it may have been a bit higher than that. I don't think the transfer fee would have been an issue for us but other fees along with his wages would have been.

Time to get a slightly more interesting name near the top of this rumour mill.

Not necessarily the type of attacker we need, but perhaps if we just want a McBurnie-ish option?

He's not injured this season, but is not playing (essentially because he's not a fast all rounder like Antonio). As a kind of Premier League Billy Sharp (can I argue that?!)... Would we fancy a little bit of expenditure on him?

He scored some huge goals for West Ham when they signed him less than a year ago, but supposedly they're keen to offload - according to Football Insider they're willing to sell at a loss.

Maybe we could pay 40-50% of his wages from Jan-May and pay them a smallish loan fee (e.g. £1m!?) - that'd pocket West Ham £2-3m for a short loan - then they'd try to sell him in the summer.

Perhaps Luke Thomas goes back or signs for a nominal fee.

Hello rumour mill, my old friend.

Last edited:

Not necessarily the type of attacker we need, but perhaps if we just want a McBurnie-ish option?

He's not injured this season, but is not playing (essentially because he's not a fast all rounder like Antonio). As a kind of Premier League Billy Sharp (can I argue that?!)... Would we fancy a little bit of expenditure on him?

He scored some huge goals for West Ham when they signed him less than a year ago, but supposedly they're keen to offload - according to Football Insider they're willing to sell at a loss.

Maybe we could pay 40-50% of his wages from Jan-May and pay them a smallish loan fee (e.g. £1m!?) - that'd pocket West Ham £2-3m for a short loan - then they'd try to sell him in the summer.

Good shout this. Makes a lot of sense too.

I would actually prefer we go for Chris Wood from Forest, who for me is the type we need with OM injured frequently. However our respective positions in the league table could make that one difficult.

I would actually prefer we go for Chris Wood from Forest, who for me is the type we need with OM injured frequently. However our respective positions in the league table could make that one difficult.
Similarly Kieffer Moore - no chance Bournemouth let him join us.

Ings never struck me as the sort of player that can create something out of nothing, it's a no from me

Yep.
I'd prefer Wood to Ings and Moore.
Do Forest still see us as relegation rivals?

Decent shout but I’d rather us sign a big striker who can hold the ball up top and then sign a couple of players around him who can dribble and beat a man. We haven't replaced Berge’s and Illiman's ability to beat the press and make something from nothing and I don't think Ings is suited to either of them roles.

Hopefully, PA will put his hand in his pocket to give us a chance, but I doubt this very much.

Back
Top Bottom