Incoming? Dan Burn

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Because reportedly we are about to bid for the same player for a fourth time. We didn't get him the first 3 times, in that time we've waited we haven't sufficiently strengthened that position. We still haven't and we appear to be fucking around trying to get the player we've already failed to get 3 times.
And why is that embarrassing? Don't seem to be blushing myself so wondering why? Other club pulls plug on transfer drama does not make me blush.

Think Dan Burn will be retired by the time he signs for us.

I mean, players coming to the Lane for their swansong. Eh? Never happened before, has it? Eh? Eh?

pommpey

O yes it has! :) I remember Dennis Mortimer, Phil Thompson, Gordon Cowans, Paul McGrath, Gary Speed, Stuart McCall, Stewart Houston, Bob Hatton, Ian Rush, Peter Withe, Ken McNaught, Jimmy Johnstone and a good few others.

I'd take 3 or 4 of those NOW.

Haven't scanned the whole thread (apologies if it's been mentioned) but I'd like to take the opportunity to say he's a fucking donkey.

And why is that embarrassing? Don't seem to be blushing myself so wondering why? Other club pulls plug on transfer drama does not make me blush.

Embarrassing way for a club to conduct itself IMO. Fair enough you feel different but I think it makes us look pathetic in the transfer market and also lets Fulham know just how badly we want their player which will undoubtedly only serve to drive the price we pay up. We also haven't turned to other targets, and as such have had a leaky defence all season which in part has led to us doing so poorly. All in all an embarrassing way to conduct ourselves, and, IMO embarrassing that we are still continuing to court him despite being unsuccessful the previous 3 times.

Embarrassing way for a club to conduct itself IMO. Fair enough you feel different but I think it makes us look pathetic in the transfer market and also lets Fulham know just how badly we want their player which will undoubtedly only serve to drive the price we pay up. We also haven't turned to other targets, and as such have had a leaky defence all season which in part has led to us doing so poorly. All in all an embarrassing way to conduct ourselves, and, IMO embarrassing that we are still continuing to court him despite being unsuccessful the previous 3 times.

Is all that factual or just your opinion?

The situation is different this time Fulham are trying to bring in an Austrian but have a transfer embargo on
and have to reduce the size of the squad before they can bring him in. Explains the situation in more detail in The Star

Is all that factual or just your opinion?

IMO= in my opinion. The clue was in my post, twice.

However the star reports its our fourth attempt. And I assume we haven't turned to other targets since we haven't signed another defender.

i'd much rather we signed Madl from Sturm who is replacing him.. (not that he'd come here he's too good)
just noticed.. this thread is 24 pages!! :D

You have to laugh at Adkins continual harping on about any player we bring in has to improve the team, has to be better than what we've got.

Fk me, that shouldn't be too difficult should it? We're shit. :D

He's probably referencing the fact that we have continually signed crap under previous regimes and that now is the time to change that trend.

If that's the subtle point he's making its difficult to argue with him. If I could start a clear out tomorrow that would allow us to bring quality in.....I would only keep about 6 players and 2 of those need to sort their attitude out.

If Fulham were happy to offload Burn to BDTBL, but wanted Che as part of the deal,
would you accept?

Surely if there wasn't a chance, Fulham would have told us by now.
Think, and have heard this might happen Monday.

I'm in no way excited that a team who need 4/5 players to go up spend all their time chasing a defender.

What's worrying is that we need attacking reinforcements at least as much as Burn yet there's been no convincing links with players in such positions.

Surely if there wasn't a chance, Fulham would have told us by now.
Think, and have heard this might happen Monday.

The fact we haven't signed him, but have been chasing him for two windows now is Fulham telling us.

Why do you all torment yourselves? For a start we need a lot more than just a new centre half. Secondly I find that it becomes easier to support United the less you give a shit.....which is something I'm becoming very good at.

They'll sign who they sign, they'll do what they do. Which means they will most likely disappoint in the window and be in this division next season. Same owd, who cares!

I don't mean to be negative before we even sign him but is 8 out and just Dan Burn in going to be enough?

Back
Top Bottom