CW to West Brom

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BlairBlade

LHOisInnocent
Reaction score
If he is appointed who should we let him buy/take from us?
Obviously, reverse the swap of Burke for Robinson.
Which of their midfielders should we go for?
Maybe swap two or three of them for Brewster?

Chris always said that he didn't believe in raiding his old clubs for players, and apart from Jake Wright and Ricky Holmes, I am struggling to think of any other former players that he brought to us.

West Brom will most likely blow us out of the water in terms of wages anyway, so assuming he does go there, he will be able to shop around extensively without bothering us too much.

Chris always said that he didn't believe in raiding his old clubs for players, and apart from Jake Wright and Ricky Holmes, I am struggling to think of any other former players that he brought to us.

West Brom will most likely blow us out of the water in terms of wages anyway, so assuming he does go there, he will be able to shop around extensively without bothering us too much.

Lunny?

Ramsdale :)

Oops, forgot about him.

Still we are only looking at a few players over 4 seasons. That being said, they were all lower league gambles and he might fancy a few of ours as proven championship ready players.

We'll see.

Oops, forgot about him.

Still we are only looking at a few players over 4 seasons. That being said, they were all lower league gambles and he might fancy a few of ours as proven championship ready players.

We'll see.

I think it was actually Appleton that signed Lundstram for Oxford.

WBA's budget next season will be interesting, especially considering they splashed out ~£10m on loans in Jan. Pereira is likely to go which, like Berge, may well cover most of the drop in revenue but I wonder how much they'll gamble on getting straight back up - especially with CW constantly badgering for more cash to spend. I'd imagine Fulham will again be the biggest spenders in the Champ. There's unlikely to be much money around elsewhere in the Champ next season so those with the benefit of parachute payments will have an even bigger advantage than in previous seasons.

I think it was actually Appleton that signed Lundstram for Oxford.

WBA's budget next season will be interesting, especially considering they splashed out ~£10m on loans in Jan. Pereira is likely to go which, like Berge, may well cover most of the drop in revenue but I wonder how much they'll gamble on getting straight back up - especially with CW constantly badgering for more cash to spend. I'd imagine Fulham will again be the biggest spenders in the Champ. There's unlikely to be much money around elsewhere in the Champ next season so those with the benefit of parachute payments will have an even bigger advantage than in previous seasons.
Rumour has it that West Brom's owners are looking to sell. They'll be after promotion on a shoestring.

Lundstram will hold out for a Premier League contract. I can see someone like Man United, Liverpool or Real Madrid giving him a deal.

Corrected it for you to reflect what Lunny thinks in his head.

Who will Big Sam's votes go to,Wilder or Lampard or Other ?
Madness how far Wilders stock has fallen in a year.
Quoted "Personally I would go with a short list of Appleton, Robbins and Evatt."
Although a lot of them doubt Wilder because of his inflexibility of only playing 532 (they have a lot of wingers) and the DOF issue

Quoted "Personally I would go with a short list of Appleton, Robbins and Evatt."
Although a lot of them doubt Wilder because of his inflexibility of only playing 532 (they have a lot of wingers) and the DOF issue
If he goes there, or anywhere with a DoF and says he’s fine with it he’s a liar and hypocrite of the highest order

If he goes there, or anywhere with a DoF and says he’s fine with it he’s a liar and hypocrite of the highest order
Not necessarily in my view. Some clubs appoint a DoF so that he can take some of the burden off the manager in terms of doing the administrative tasks of a manager, whereas the manager still decides who comes in to the club and still decides what tactics his team employ etc. There's more to a DoF's role then the first team also, such as the Academy side. Granted Wilder would want control over how these things were operated, but if the DoF is implementing Wilder's wishes I could see it working.

I think it has though if wilder the none stubborn manager goes they will be fine this years wilder they will be lower champs

Doubt he'll go for him. He'll be mega expensive AND he's already got a top keeper in Johnson.
Johnstone won't be there next season. He's on a contract until 2022, West Brom will want to cash in and he'll want to be in the Premier League to have a shot at a place in the 2022 World Cup squad

If he does go there then that should mean some of his resignation bonus gets paid back.

Bit extra for Big Slavs transfer kitty.

If chris wilder goes to West Brom then I will be ringing the west brom ticket office and buying a season ticket for the baggies
Based on this forum over the last few weeks or so, you'll not be on your own.

You could start a Blades Baggies Tufty Club.

Back
Top Bottom